Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

• 2 weeks later...

Got Smash Bros for the kids for Christmas. Got to say I've never "got" the Smash Bros games even going back to Game Cube days. It just seems like complete mayhem and button bashing but I guess it must be a bit more nuanced than that. Anything to get them of Fortnite for a bit!

20 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Smash Bros is Awesome. So much to do on it.

Glad you've said this, just ordered my switch with smash bros lol

A quick question though please, what controller are you using for it? Are the ones that come with the switch any good with it or should I be ordering a gamecube(like) controller? :D

This is on ebay for £26.83... Got to be a scam, right?

Edit:  Went for it (I mean how could you not at that price?) and now the listing's been deleted by ebay.  When I go to the listing in my purchase history instead of showing the item & description I have the following message:
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter

...Guess we'll see what happens lol 

Edited by Carl the Llama

31 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is on ebay for £26.83... Got to be a scam, right?

Edit:  Went for it (I mean how could you not at that price?) and now the listing's been deleted by ebay.  When I go to the listing in my purchase history instead of showing the item & description I have the following message:
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter

...Guess we'll see what happens lol 

Saw loads of them up for sub £50. Has to be a scam. All different sellers all the same wording. 

Hope I'm wrong and you've just got the best Xmas deal ever mind lol

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

A quick question though please, what controller are you using for it? Are the ones that come with the switch any good with it or should I be ordering a gamecube(like) controller? :D

I got the PowerA Wireless Gamecube controller for smash. I think the joy-cons will be ok but the Gamecube has an octagonal gate on the thumbstick making directional movement easier to achieve. 

This will be my first smash. Tekken 7 and the new Street Fighter were too hardcore for me. I know smash can be very tough but hoping it'll ease me in a bit more than they did. 

3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I got the PowerA Wireless Gamecube controller for smash. I think the joy-cons will be ok but the Gamecube has an octagonal gate on the thumbstick making directional movement easier to achieve. 

This will be my first smash. Tekken 7 and the new Street Fighter were too hardcore for me. I know smash can be very tough but hoping it'll ease me in a bit more than they did. 

First smash? :o you've been missing out man. One of the best series of games ever imo. 

That controller does look good. Might pick up a couple of the cheaper wired ones. Cheers. :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Saw loads of them up for sub £50. Has to be a scam. All different sellers all the same wording. 

Paypal'd it so should be safe enough I figure... 

20 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I'm currently using the control pad supplied with the switch. But i will be purchasing the gamecube controllers from GAME at £22. As i prefer them easier from the gamecube days. 

18 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Nope no best deal ever for me, but the money's back safely so no harm no foul.  Had to try, didn't I? lol

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nope no best deal ever for me, but the money's back safely so no harm no foul.  Had to try, didn't I? lol

Doh, nothing wrong with a bit of optimism when there's nothing to lose lol

Just got mine delivered, ready for the trip up town tomorrow to trade in a bunch of junk to get some games for it. :D 

I just smash with one of these:

76AAA759-FD1F-4837-AF1B-97CF2D5C301A.jpeg

Works well especially for adult hands!

Sadly I have an original GameCube controller, but I’ll be buggered if I’m paying £20 for an adapter!

Edited by Phube

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Doh, nothing wrong with a bit of optimism when there's nothing to lose lol

Just got mine delivered, ready for the trip up town tomorrow to trade in a bunch of junk to get some games for it. :D 

Found someone slinging it for 45 after getting the special edition box too so I still made a little saving, gotta try and finish hollow knight before it shows up now....