Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

41 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

So much for addressing the performance issues

Can’t believe they’ve not allowed for better processor or faster microsd cards, takes ages just to load a level of Minecraft dungeons.

• Like 1

Genuinely disappointed with this, playing Hyrule Warriors recently is a genuinely miserable experience as the console can't handle it, which for a 2014 game is laughable.  Was really hoping for a bit more umph.

• Like 1

Got my switch and had a little play on it. Only played FIFA 21 so far and it’s decent. Takes time to get used to the controls in handheld mode but I’ll get used to it. A bit unsure what games I should get now. Never played pokemon or Zelda, or anything along those lines so I don’t get the added nostalgia so slightly unsure what I should start off with. 

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Got my switch and had a little play on it. Only played FIFA 21 so far and it’s decent. Takes time to get used to the controls in handheld mode but I’ll get used to it. A bit unsure what games I should get now. Never played pokemon or Zelda, or anything along those lines so I don’t get the added nostalgia so slightly unsure what I should start off with. 

Can’t beat a bit of Mario!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart Deluxe. Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is out next Friday. It's much different to Breath of the Wild, but it feels more like a traditional Zelda game. However, given that you're never played any of them, I guess that doesn't mean much lol If you'd like a high-quality indie game, I'd recommend Golf Story. Brilliant little top-down RPG and it's not at all as golf-centred as it sounds. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart Deluxe. Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is out next Friday. It's much different to Breath of the Wild, but it feels more like a traditional Zelda game. However, given that you're never played any of them, I guess that doesn't mean much lol If you'd like a high-quality indie game, I'd recommend Golf Story. Brilliant little top-down RPG and it's not at all as golf-centred as it sounds. 

Second golf story; quality little game. 

13 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

It all depends what sort of games you normally play, if you actually do. I do think that a lot of switch games are based more on if you're a fan of Nintendo and have always have their consoles. It's a completely different style of games compared to Xbox/PS5 (though there is obviously plenty of shared games, they just tend to run worse on the switch)

Not sure if I’m feeling the switch if I’m honest. I’ve played and enjoyed fifa. I’ve downloaded a couple of demos; only managed to play mario and sonic at the Olympic Games so far. Seems an experience very much aimed at children so far. I’ll see how I get on in the coming days with trying other games; luckily I got it on Amazon so easily can return it if I’m not feeling it. The £280 price tag just seems very overpriced for what you’re getting.  

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not sure if I’m feeling the switch if I’m honest. I’ve played and enjoyed fifa. I’ve downloaded a couple of demos; only managed to play mario and sonic at the Olympic Games so far. Seems an experience very much aimed at children so far. I’ll see how I get on in the coming days with trying other games; luckily I got it on Amazon so easily can return it if I’m not feeling it. The £280 price tag just seems very overpriced for what you’re getting.  

The switch is made by a handful of extremely good single player games and/or slapping the kids around on a handful of extremely good couch-multiplayer games. The middle ground of things like playing Olympics solo is woeful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

It's not just the hardware, the software is way overpriced.  I'd only bother with Nintendos stuff but it never seems to drop below 40 quid a game.

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's not just the hardware, the software is way overpriced.  I'd only bother with Nintendos stuff but it never seems to drop below 40 quid a game.

The games rarely drop in price which is staggering and a complete pain. Whilst the release price of around £50 is cheaper than the current releases for the Xbox and PS, those games then drop at a reasonable rate. 

49 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The switch is made by a handful of extremely good single player games and/or slapping the kids around on a handful of extremely good couch-multiplayer games. The middle ground of things like playing Olympics solo is woeful. 

What type of game do you enjoy playing mate? FIFA really isn't the one for switch sadly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The games rarely drop in price which is staggering and a complete pain. Whilst the release price of around £50 is cheaper than the current releases for the Xbox and PS, those games then drop at a reasonable rate. 

What type of game do you enjoy playing mate? FIFA really isn't the one for switch sadly.

I like the Zelda ones and Mario maker/luigis mansion for single player. Missus plays animal crossing/pokemon snap for single player atm. And when we have everyone round it's super smash, mario kart or the Mario party one. 

And on the topic of pricing I find it works both ways, which is why we never buy digital games, only hard copies. Trade in value stays roughly the same so you can usually always trade 2 ish AAA titles for a new AAA title, unlike the ps/xbox versions when because we don't game a lot by the time we're done with a game it's worth about 20p. lol

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you're subscribed to online and are happy with digital copies get Nintendo online game vouchers, can only be bought in pairs but at £85 that's basically £35 off the cost of 2 full price titles and because there are rarely sales you know you can buy 2 for the game you want now and the 2nd will always come in handy down the line

13 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

its for playing Nintendo franchise games like Mario or Zelda or indie games like Celeste or Hollow Knight handheld. If you're playing sports games you're doing it wrong.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Sent it back in the end. Clever bit of kit but nowhere near worth the money for what I’m using it for. 

Ah that’s a shame. It depends on what genre you like.

It’s easily the best console/handheld ever created if you love platformers and Metroidvanias.

7 hours ago, Oswinner said:

Ah that’s a shame. It depends on what genre you like.

It’s easily the best console/handheld ever created if you love platformers and Metroidvanias.

I was definitely impressed with the hardware, however, I wasn’t ever going to use the console to its full potential. 

21 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I was definitely impressed with the hardware, however, I wasn’t ever going to use the console to its full potential. 

I've barely used mine over the years really. Had little phases where I've played a certain game but more of a party console for me.

Saving grace is that I bought it in Japan so it was a fair bit cheaper.

Anyone picking up Skyward Sword HD tomorrow? I didn’t enjoy the original because of forced motion controls, so it’s a welcome addition that they’ve added button controls to this one. As far a I remember, the dungeons and boss fights are great, so I’m looking forward to revisiting this one with better controls.

23 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Anyone picking up Skyward Sword HD tomorrow? I didn’t enjoy the original because of forced motion controls, so it’s a welcome addition that they’ve added button controls to this one. As far a I remember, the dungeons and boss fights are great, so I’m looking forward to revisiting this one with better controls.

Got an email earlier that my copy has been shipped and will be delivered tomorrow - I just so happen to be working from home tomorrow as well... :ph34r:

I never got to play the original so I am quite looking forward to finally getting to play it

20 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Very tempted.  Never completed the original back when I had it on the Wii but I don't think it was from lack of enjoyment, it just got kind of lost amongst other things.  Been holding onto a game voucher for when the DP remakes come out but I do love a good 3D Zelda with all the exploration and side quests so I might use it on this instead...