Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

18 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I think I've run through that game four times now, glad you like it.  Surprisingly marmite game based on comments here but I absolutely love it.

In other news!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-27-nintendo-switch-pro-to-be-unveiled-before-e3

Good news, there have been a few games recently (Hyrule Warriors comes to mind) where the hardware has simply struggled.  Particularly painful when you consider some of these are 1st party games.

I've got zero complaints about it, it is a little different to previous games so I can see why the purists may not like it but it's so good.

Finished it last night, didn't do all the memories etc as I thought it may let you play on after doing the last boss. May well crack on with another playthrough soon.

I particularly loved the level design of the Divine Beasts, cleverly thought out and a nice change from the usual Zelda Dungeons.

Reading that link, I'm most excited about a new Metroid game in honesty, had no idea one was in production, great news!

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Rumours of a June 4th pre-order so they can just focus on games at E3 and the directs.  Keep your eyes peeled as no doubt they'll be rare as rocking horse manure like every other bit of tech currently.

40 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Rumours of a June 4th pre-order so they can just focus on games at E3 and the directs.  Keep your eyes peeled as no doubt they'll be rare as rocking horse manure like every other bit of tech currently.

Luckily I can get away with spending my day at work looking at my phone so will no doubt spend it looking on Twitter all day for pre-order news lol

Edited by moore_94

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo Direct E3

• Smash - New Character Kazuya (Tekken)
  • Life is Strange - 10th September 2021
  • Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy - 26th October 2021
  • Worms Rumble - 23rd June 2021
  • Astria Ascending - 30th September 2021
  • Two Point Campus - 2022
  • Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - 5th October 2021
  • Mario Party Superstars - 29th October 2021
  • Metroid Dread - 8th October 2021
  • Just Dance 2022 - 4th November 2021
  • Cruis'n Blast - Fall 2021
  • Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - 24th September 2021
  • Mario Golf Super Rush - 25th June
  • Monster Hunters Stories 2 - 9th July 2021 (Demo 25th June 2021)
  • Wario Ware Get It Together - 10th September 2021
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - 12th November 2021
  • Danganronpa Series - 2021
  • Fatal Frame Maiden of the Blackwater - 2021
  • Doom Eternal DLC - Out Today
  • Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 + 2 - 25th June 2021
  • Strange Brigade - Out Today
  • Mario and Rabbids Spark of Hope - 2022
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2 - 3rd December 2021
  • Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity DLC - 18th June 2021

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD - Recap, 16th July 2021

Legend of Zelda Handheld Device (includes Zelda 1, 2 + Links Awakening) - 12th November 2021

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 - Releasing 2022

Nothing on the Switch Pro or Pokemon

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Nintendo Direct E3

• Smash - New Character Kazuya (Tekken)
  • Life is Strange - 10th September 2021
  • Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy - 26th October 2021
  • Worms Rumble - 23rd June 2021
  • Astria Ascending - 30th September 2021
  • Two Point Campus - 2022
  • Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - 5th October 2021
  • Mario Party Superstars - 29th October 2021
  • Metroid Dread - 8th October 2021
  • Just Dance 2022 - 4th November 2021
  • Cruis'n Blast - Fall 2021
  • Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - 24th September 2021
  • Mario Golf Super Rush - 25th June
  • Monster Hunters Stories 2 - 9th July 2021 (Demo 25th June 2021)
  • Wario Ware Get It Together - 10th September 2021
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - 12th November 2021
  • Danganronpa Series - 2021
  • Fatal Frame Maiden of the Blackwater - 2021
  • Doom Eternal DLC - Out Today
  • Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 + 2 - 25th June 2021
  • Strange Brigade - Out Today
  • Mario and Rabbids Spark of Hope - 2022
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2 - 3rd December 2021
  • Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity DLC - 18th June 2021

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD - Recap, 16th July 2021

Legend of Zelda Handheld Device (includes Zelda 1, 2 + Links Awakening) - 12th November 2021

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 - Releasing 2022

Nothing on the Switch Pro or Pokemon

Everything in bold had me interested during this Direct. Some more than others. Super excited for the sequel to Breath of the Wild!

18 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Everything in bold had me interested during this Direct. Some more than others. Super excited for the sequel to Breath of the Wild!

Just pre-ordered my copy of Skyward Sword - completely forgot that was coming out next month!

Other than that and the info about BOTW2, nothing really interested me!

Barely touch my Switch at the moment apart from moving Pokemon into Home for my Living Dex haha

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Metroid Dread looks good and always loved a Mario Party game.

BOTW 2, Meh. I am still in the minority that BOTW was a bang average game (as a Zelda fanboy).

Even if you didn’t like it as a Zelda game there’s no way that it’s bang average lol 

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Even if you didn’t like it as a Zelda game there’s no way that it’s bang average lol 

I echo the bang average thoughts. Cant even bring myself to complete it and that has never happened to me with a Zelda game before.

in other news, the eshop sales are awesome at the minute. Hades about £15 is very interesting to me. Crosscode, Dead Cells, Blue Fire and Mario Rabbids are all £7-£14 too. Anyone played any of these?

45 minutes ago, Oswinner said:

I echo the bang average thoughts. Cant even bring myself to complete it and that has never happened to me with a Zelda game before.

in other news, the eshop sales are awesome at the minute. Hades about £15 is very interesting to me. Crosscode, Dead Cells, Blue Fire and Mario Rabbids are all £7-£14 too. Anyone played any of these?

Hades and Dead Cells I would recommend. Hades in particular is absolutely superb, probably the best game I've played on the Switch and up there with my favourite games of last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Its called Zelda. So the fact i didnt like it as a Zelda game you could argue makes it worse than bang average.

Graphically it was great. just found the story dreadful, lack of dungeons even worse and the boss fights were hardly boss fights. Ganon boss fight was shockingly bad.

There were things i did like, as i said above the graphics were beautiful and the shrines were interesting.

Therefore i liked some elements and hated the elements that make a Zelda game great. My definition of bang average.

The sequel just looks like BOTW and Skyward Sword had a baby

15 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Its called Zelda. So the fact i didnt like it as a Zelda game you could argue makes it worse than bang average.

Graphically it was great. just found the story dreadful, lack of dungeons even worse and the boss fights were hardly boss fights. Ganon boss fight was shockingly bad.

There were things i did like, as i said above the graphics were beautiful and the shrines were interesting.

Therefore i liked some elements and hated the elements that make a Zelda game great. My definition of bang average.

The sequel just looks like BOTW and Skyward Sword had a baby

I know you're not into BOTW, but are you not even remotely excited for its sequel? Just like you, my main gripe with BOTW was the lack of dungeons and good bosses. I know many liked the dungeon designs, but I thought it was super lazy - especially the bosses. The story didn't bother me - most Zelda games have average stories in my opinion and I don't really play them for the sake of the story, but I absolutely missed proper dungeons.

For me, the dungeons and boss fights are what make Zelda games memorable and not least replayable. I've only played through BOTW once and while I found the first playthrough simply amazing, I've never felt the urge to start another go, because the excitement of this game is exploring its vast, open world. It's not the dungeons or the bosses (or lack of). Hell, even the majority of the shrines are dull in the long run, especially the ridiculous amount of combat shrines. And the good shrines are merely small puzzles that usually make up 10% of an actual dungeon.

It'll take a lot for a new Zelda game to knock Ocarina and Twilight Princess off the top of my list, but I have high hopes for this sequel. They were onto something exciting with BOTW, now they have the chance to perfect it. 

11 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I know you're not into BOTW, but are you not even remotely excited for its sequel? Just like you, my main gripe with BOTW was the lack of dungeons and good bosses. I know many liked the dungeon designs, but I thought it was super lazy - especially the bosses. The story didn't bother me - most Zelda games have average stories in my opinion and I don't really play them for the sake of the story, but I absolutely missed proper dungeons.

For me, the dungeons and boss fights are what make Zelda games memorable and not least replayable. I've only played through BOTW once and while I found the first playthrough simply amazing, I've never felt the urge to start another go, because the excitement of this game is exploring its vast, open world. It's not the dungeons or the bosses (or lack of). Hell, even the majority of the shrines are dull in the long run, especially the ridiculous amount of combat shrines. And the good shrines are merely small puzzles that usually make up 10% of an actual dungeon.

It'll take a lot for a new Zelda game to knock Ocarina and Twilight Princess off the top of my list, but I have high hopes for this sequel. They were onto something exciting with BOTW, now they have the chance to perfect it. 

What you wrote above is pretty much my thinking, except after my playthrough i couldnt get passed the fact that the dungeons were crap and bosses were rubbish, the final boss was the last straw for me. Just ruined everything about the game . The bold statement resonates with me. If they can introduce what makes a Zelda game great then i would certainly look into playing it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

The reviews are all over the place for this. Can't decide!

It certainly could have some things that are better, but I'm still enjoying what it does have. 

I would suggest waiting for a sale, but being a Nintendo franchise game, that won't be any time soon.