Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

2 hours ago, fleshdaddy said:

Who do we think we were there watching? Ziyech? :blush:

No Idea but the woman next to him looks like she's been watching us all season judging by her pained expression and he may be doing the crossword. How do we know he's a scout?  Maybe he just got the coat off a market stall.

If serious how many 19 year olds who will need two to three seasons to get up to speed were playing?

I think Ashley Young would be a good signing for us.

He isexperied, supply's good delivery into the box, scores goals and wants the ball.

i rate Gray, but he isn't consistent yet in his decision making.

young would free up more space in the final third for mahrez and Vardy and his crosses would be good slimani.

we still need defenders too.

17 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

I think Ashley Young would be a good signing for us.

He isexperied, supply's good delivery into the box, scores goals and wants the ball.

i rate Gray, but he isn't consistent yet in his decision making.

young would free up more space in the final third for mahrez and Vardy and his crosses would be good slimani.

we still need defenders too.

Ashley young will end up in China on 250k a week. At 31, he will see it as a nice retirement rather than a relegation battle with us. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

Ashley young will end up in China on 250k a week. At 31, he will see it as a nice retirement rather than a relegation battle with us. 

I agree, he would still be a good signing for us though if it was possible.

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Bojan is available for 12M that's the same as Jeff why the hell are we not trying to get him.

It's a position and set of skills we are missing. He is available. He is has Premier League experience, fairly priced and only 26 still.

If we end up signing no one for that role and he has been available, then I think an opportunity missed for sure.

We may be far along with other targets but if not, then Bojan has to be an option. We are lacking creativity and he has it! 

15 hours ago, bpfox said:

CAN WE JUST SIGN SOMETHING MAYBE A CAT OR A DOG.  we are the worst at getting any transfers thought. here comes the championship football next season me thinks.

What about that squirrel that Nuge chased a couple of seasons back?

Seriously, I am beginning to doubt we will sign anyone else in this window

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Bojan is available for 12M that's the same as Jeff why the hell are we not trying to get him.

Said this a couple weeks back. A player of his quality and creation is what we're missing. Originally there was talk of a £9m move to Boro but even at £12m, for a player who is very decent at this level, is peanuts, especially considering we flogged Jeff for that amount. 

Thing is about Bojan.. If we are going back to the 4-4-1-1 then we will have two luxury players (Mahrez RW, Bojan CAM), who will leave us exposed defensively. 4-4-1-1 worked because we defended from the front, it was the pressing of Vardy/Okazaki which forced teams wide. We need someone to, not match Shinji's workrate as that's impossible, but at least work hard defensively , aswell as create goal scoring opportunities. For these reasons I wouldn't sign Bojan as we'll continue to concede goals because he won't help defend from the front.

I'd love to sign Sigurdsson, but he wouldn't leave Swansea. Ramirez is described as creative and also hard working defensively, by the boro fans. If what they say is true, he'd be suited to our 4-4-1-1 system, not Bojan.

1 minute ago, char123 said:

are we actually gonna sign anyone this window because not a lot seems to be happening

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've got a bad feeling that our desperate situation leaves us wide open to being

played by agents trying to get their clients better deals.

I've got a bad feeling that our desperate situation leaves us wide open to being

played by agents trying to get their clients better deals.

mmm last day extortionate prices for average players springs to mind

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

not has been as invested in the football this season, was wondering the same thing. seemed like a perfect buy for us. 

£8m for a defender in his 34th year is terrible business though for the hammers, but great for the saints..... eyebrow raised when I heard the fee. Much like ashley Williams, expensive (dead money)and extremely shortsighted. Much rather they spent a few quid extra in a proven and younger investment.

For me;

Cheeky loan offers

Young 

Zouma 

Rashford

Missed out on;

Delefou (should have had a look at least.)

Free signing;

Lampard till E o S (if he don't ask for silly money as a swan song)

Permanent;

Keane

Redmond

I'd be happy with that.......

Errr I think,

If we sign any of em and they turn out pony it has nowt to do with me

7 minutes ago, spudfox2911 said:

£8m for a defender in his 34th year is terrible business though for the hammers, but great for the saints..... eyebrow raised when I heard the fee. Much like ashley Williams, expensive (dead money)and extremely shortsighted. Much rather they spent a few quid extra in a proven and younger investment.

On paper it's terrible business, hate to be cliche but football isn't played on paper! Not that I'm saying we should've signed him, but I would've been buzzing with us signing Fonte. Would've slotted in right away, miles better than Huth and Morgan, and can actually play football. 

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

On paper it's terrible business, hate to be cliche but football isn't played on paper! Not that I'm saying we should've signed him, but I would've been buzzing with us signing Fonte. Would've slotted in right away, miles better than Huth and Morgan, and can actually play football. 

Yeah true,  but hammers are safe really, thats why i think saints rubbed their hands together, who would he have slotted with would be the next problem... 1 right with either of 2 wrongs

Archived