Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

On a short term basis, he could very well do a "Robert Huth" for us this season.

But where do we go from there?

The issue will only crop up next season again, so what is the point? We have to be looking for someone in mind for the next few seasons.

That said, a proven defender, not a fledgling who may come good.

Just now, TK95 said:

Bayer Leverkusen are said to be ready to offload Javier Hernandez.

Issue with being CL cup-tied but a proven Premier League scorer nevertheless.

With Ulloa leaving, not a bad addition!

Although I don't know where it would leave Slimani and Okazaki

Would definitely take him although we would probably be sticking with a 2 upfront if we did sign him. He would come to start and I can't see Vardy and Slimani both on the bench.

Could work alongside either I guess and is a deadly finisher, even though he is going through a dry spell right now. 

Would sign him in a heart beat though, just look at his goal scoring record and still only 28. Vardy, Slimani, Okazaki and Hernandez as our 4 strikers. Yes please.

15 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Would definitely take him although we would probably be sticking with a 2 upfront if we did sign him. He would come to start and I can't see Vardy and Slimani both on the bench.

Could work alongside either I guess and is a deadly finisher, even though he is going through a dry spell right now. 

Would sign him in a heart beat though, just look at his goal scoring record and still only 28. Vardy, Slimani, Okazaki and Hernandez as our 4 strikers. Yes please.

Exactly, I just feel we should be going for Premier League quality. Players who've played and understand this league. 

He made instant impact at United coming straight from Mexico, there's no reason why he can't do it with us.

But it's hope more than expectation. If Ranieri is to go with a midfield 3, then it's not feasible to get another striker in

18 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Exactly, I just feel we should be going for Premier League quality. Players who've played and understand this league. 

He made instant impact at United coming straight from Mexico, there's no reason why he can't do it with us.

But it's hope more than expectation. If Ranieri is to go with a midfield 3, then it's not feasible to get another striker in

Totally agree. I'm sure a Prem club will snap him up though. Probably cost about 20million still. 

I wish Claudio had figured out our best system by now. Difficult to buy certain players if we still don't know if we are playing with a front two, or natural wingers or an attacking 3 etc

Hernandez is an absolute poacher though and could potentially work in a lot of different systems just due to his clever movement and finishing ability. 

Him, a CB, a RB and I would be happy enough. No.10 can wait as Mahrez could still do a job there once he learns the role better. 

Jagielka is not the player he used to be and would be a poor signing. I would like to see us go after Lewis Dunk! Only 25, solid defender, scored 2 in 20 apps, 82% pass completion, 72% headed duels won and averages 12 defensive actions a game. Ideally I would love Michael Keane but I think we've missed our chance now with that one. We also need to be in the market for a RB now Hernandez is off to Spain.

With Hernandez gone we need a right back and two centre backs. Thats before you get into creativity up the pitch and possible replacement for Ulloa. No way we sign five players in a week and a half so probably can already chalk this up as another bad trasnfer window.

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

With Hernandez gone we need a right back and two centre backs. Thats before you get into creativity up the pitch and possible replacement for Ulloa. No way we sign five players in a week and a half so probably can already chalk this up as another bad trasnfer window.

I'd like to think it will be a CB, RB and either Cafu/Ramirez who can play multiple positions across the front.

If not the internet will break, as the meltdowns from fans is already starting (Twitter). No patience at all from some people, let's wait for the window to close then make judgements!

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Not unless we start implementing an old-school 2-3-5, that could work. :D

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not unless we start implementing an old-school 2-3-5, that could work. :D

If it worked for Herbert Chapman, WHY NOT CLAUDIO RANIERI??

I'm worried though. Proritse a centre back for me. Amartey can fill in at right back I suppose.

We definitely need to get a CB in! However RB, we can cover with Amartey and Albrighton at a push until the summer. We can make do without Ulloa until the summer also, we only had 3 strikers after Jan last year. I think we still need to strengthen in midfield with a creative midfielder

So a CB and a creative midfielder for me!

3 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

I'd like to think it will be a CB, RB and either Cafu/Ramirez who can play multiple positions across the front.

If not the internet will break, as the meltdowns from fans is already starting (Twitter). No patience at all from some people, let's wait for the window to close then make judgements!

We've got three big games before the window closes tbf. What happens if we get an injury or suspension on Sunday to one of Simpson, Huth or Morgan?

Archived