Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

4 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I think Chilwell should be given a run of games and LB. Him linking up with Gray would be electric.

But yes. I want the Ramiez deal to go through but if someone said to me we can only sign one more quality player it would be a CB. By a country mile. Our woeful defense is putting too much pressure on the rest of the team. We should have won tonight.

Totally agree on the CB thing. We could probably just about manage with just one to play alongside a Huth or Wes, as at least they would be more comfortable on the ball and be able to play it out of defence. The problem is at the moment, we pass it across the back 4 with Huth, Wes and Simpson all so uncomfortable on the ball and so any kind of pressing from the opposition, and we see the hopeful hoof. If we had at least 1 CB who had a bit more quality, then I am sure it would make a big difference. Much prefer to have a RB who could as well though but no links or rumours of any, and Claudio keeps saying that Amartey can play there and he loves a floated ball forward too! 

As for Chilwell. I think he has a lot of quality on the ball, but his positioning is poor and he will really struggle against the quality of Premier League players. He did ok today 2nd half but mainly because Derby were just trying to defend their lead and offered very little in attack. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Totally agree on the CB thing. We could probably just about manage with just one to play alongside a Huth or Wes, as at least they would be more comfortable on the ball and be able to play it out of defence. The problem is at the moment, we pass it across the back 4 with Huth, Wes and Simpson all so uncomfortable on the ball and so any kind of pressing from the opposition, and we see the hopeful hoof. If we had at least 1 CB who had a bit more quality, then I am sure it would make a big difference. Much prefer to have a RB who could as well though but no links or rumours of any, and Claudio keeps saying that Amartey can play there and he loves a floated ball forward too! 

As for Chilwell. I think he has a lot of quality on the ball, but his positioning is poor and he will really struggle against the quality of Premier League players. He did ok today 2nd half but mainly because Derby were just trying to defend their lead and offered very little in attack. 

Chilwell is going to be England's best left back in years to come. He's only just turned 20 and looks quality.

6 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

Ivanovic

Rumours are he is leaving Chelsea before the window closes and we are interested. 

Thoughts?

He works hard and quality in the air. Obviously better than Simpson but only a short-term fix. 

He has played CB too though and it is a less demanding role in terms of running, so he could come in as CB and be better than what we have. Him and Huth with a new RB. 

Not a bad shout. 

Guest Danny Clender
6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

He works hard and quality in the air. Obviously better than Simpson but only a short-term fix. 

He has played CB too though and it is a less demanding role in terms of running, so he could come in as CB and be better than what we have. Him and Huth with a new RB. 

Not a bad shout. 

It's a brilliant shout. 

When Chelsea were struggling he was singled out for his inadequacies.

That said, the circumstances for the pointing fingers are very similar to how we're singling out players now, he was playing in a mildly defunct and toxic Chelsea squad. 

The level we're playing at now i.e lower premier league level (positive spin for 'relegation battle') he'd fit right in. 

I think he would start immediately and give Simpson some time for reflection. 

He ticks the 'Champion's League experience' button.

(dramatic pause for effect).......It's a gerimin for me.  

Are we talking about the same Ivanovic that went all Morgan and Huth last season in Chelsea's title defence?!? 

He looked like he'd lost his legs. He isn't the answer.

I'd have thought someone would have told the players humping it long generally only means the ball is coming back at you. We lack composure all over the pitch currently. That could be confidence but you do worry when we get pressed.

We can all see we need new defenders. New life with a bit of confidence might go a long way! 

Sakho, Chalobah, Schweinstiger, Darmian, Delph .... all would improve us.

I still think not signing Ashley Williams was a mistake.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Are we talking about the same Ivanovic that went all Morgan and Huth last season in Chelsea's title defence?!? 

He looked like he'd lost his legs. He isn't the answer.

I'd have thought someone would have told the players humping it long generally only means the ball is coming back at you. We lack composure all over the pitch currently. That could be confidence but you do worry when we get pressed.

We can all see we need new defenders. New life with a bit of confidence might go a long way! 

Sakho, Chalobah, Schweinstiger, Darmian, Delph .... all would improve us.

I still think not signing Ashley Williams was a mistake.

He hasn't looked great for Everton the few times i've seen him.

Can only see Sakho coming here from that list. Would take him though. Wes and Huth continue to look a shambles, so we need a change for sure.

They also blamed Hazard and Fabregas for last season, but I would take them both :whistle:

Is Ivanovic better than Simpson, Wes and Huth?  Yes. Therefore, he would improve us and if he is available, then we should consider signing him. 

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think I have given up hope on us being able to sign two starting CB's in this window with so little time left.

So, just one CB and like you said, a RB that doesn't look in a panic everytime the get the ball and pass backwards or hoof. 

More concerning, is that Chilwell again didn't look too great at LB and so we will be heavy reliant on Fuchs to rediscover some form. 

Chilwell only started to look bad when he had Gray in front of him. He was effectively against 2 men whilst Gray ambled back. Think that's why Claudio stuck Gray up front - Chilwell looked better with Musa on the left.  

might aswell try for Terry and Zouma aswell ?? back 4 of ivanovic,Terry,Zouma & Chilwell , midfield ndidi,drinkwater, 3 behind the striker mahrez,lampard & grey, slimani uptop!

champs league winners right there

Don't see why people think Ivanovic on a short term deal for a free transfer is a bad option. Quality, depth and experience without the big fee (yes wages to consider but at 33 and leaving Chelsea he'll be taking a significant cut). I'd still like to see another CB come in but Ivanovic on a free would be decent business either way.

I know it's only in The Sun, but 2 stories are that Swansea want Benfica defender Lisandro Lopez for £7m and Andriy Yarmolenko is available for just £9m with PL clubs ready to offer. We should be all over these. And I'd still want a RB, maybe a CM, and a back up striker if/when Ulloa leaves. 

2 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Could be lining up with:-

Kasper

Ivanovic   Mbodji  Huth  Chilwell

Mahrez    Drinky   Ndidi     Gray

Ramirez

Slimani

That wouldnt be too bad.

I like the look of that side 

Archived