Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto away Pre Match & team selection discuss

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Porto have to win this. They can't rely on Copenhagen not winning in Brugges so a point is no good. a team having to beat us could be something that actually works to our benefit. 

just have a feeling that so much of what Claudio has done with the players this autumn is directed at winning European games rather than premier league ones - and it shows ! 

pretty much everyone who has tried to beat us in the last 6 months has actually gone and beaten us tbf 

23 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Zieler

Hernandez    Amartey  Wasalewski   Chilwell

Mendy

Drinkwater       James

Musa                                                  Gray

Ulloa

I take it you aren't taking time off work and forking out to go to this one with that suggested back 5? 

Thats a drubbing if ever I've seen one.

15 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

We won't see a youth side put out as being suggested by a few on here. None of them are in the squad for this competition.

I think he just likes being negative.

I agree with you, it's ridiculous that some people seem happy to throw this competition out the window having dreamt about seeing their team compete in it for months.

indeed. people need to face facts, last season was the anomoly, not this season. we're a championship/premier league yoyo club and being 15th in the prem is something any of our fans would've given a right leg for for over a decade until about this time last year. our prem form is rubbish but we will never, ever be in the champions league again. if we sacrifice finishing 11th in the league and end up finishing 16th but have a champions league run then i'll be delighted. 

is there any difference to a fan between finishing 8th and finishing 17th after last season, really? is there? just a few quid prize money here and there. who gives a shit. 

Zieler

Hernandez                   Morgan                     Huth

Gray                 Mendy               Cambiasso           Drinkwater                 Fuchs

Okazaki         Chandler

Subs:

Banks

Izzett

Junior Lewis

Vardy

Mahrez

James Pearson

Messi

I have the flu. 

Guest seanfox778
24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Zieler

Hernandez                   Morgan                     Huth

Gray                 Mendy               Cambiasso           Drinkwater                 Fuchs

Okazaki         Chandler

Subs:

Banks

Izzett

Junior Lewis

Vardy

Mahrez

James Pearson

Messi

I have the flu

I had food poisoning once and I hallucinated that Chandler from Friends was in my bathroom motivating me to get through the illness. 

Guest seanfox778
18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Did you eat some dodgy mushrooms?

Haha no, mushrooms are the devils food, even the fun kind. 

I honestly think we won't lose this game.

The players who start will know this is there chance to prove something to Claudio and get into the PL squad. They'll get a result even though we don't need one, and hopefully force Claudio to change something.

It seems bizarre to me that we've waited all our lives to qualify for the CL and people are saying this is a 'nothing match'. For me it's a chance to go through the group unbeaten and rewrite some more European history, so I hope CR plays his strongest team. And a win would give us a confidence boost going into the next league fixtures. But more importantly, CR and the team owe it to the 3000+ blue army who've spent good money to go out their and support the team. I'm really looking forward to the game and just hope we do ourselves proud.

23 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Oh yeah please drop Mahrez the useless piece of sh it.

"...Mahrez the useless piece of sh it."

Read that back to yourself.  What complete nonsense.  He's the most skilful player to pull on the shirt, in my view.  I'd love to know where our creativity is going to come from without Mahrez.  I agree he is not hitting the heights of last season, but we are definitely a better team with him in the side.  Rest him if he's tired, otherwise he is the starting XI for me.

22 hours ago, filthyfox said:

My opinion is play the weakest team possible. This game DOES NOT MATTER.

Hopefully I will be at Bournout away so I can "encourage" them.... CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND, YOUR HAVING A LAUGH!

It matters for those of us shelling out £100s (at least) to go to Porto to watch them.  It matters to our pride.  I agree it gives us an opportunity to rest one or two who are flagging and try one or two others out, but this is still a massive match.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It seems bizarre to me that we've waited all our lives to qualify for the CL and people are saying this is a 'nothing match'. For me it's a chance to go through the group unbeaten and rewrite some more European history, so I hope CR plays his strongest team. And a win would give us a confidence boost going into the next league fixtures. But more importantly, CR and the team owe it to the 3000+ blue army who've spent good money to go out their and support the team. I'm really looking forward to the game and just hope we do ourselves proud.

Exactly!  I've just read most of this thread with my mouth agog (not because I'm a mouth-breather with a CV postcode).  Too many fans are acting like petulant children.  Yes, it is not good at the moment, but true fans would not turn so quickly on our team.  I think things could turn round pretty quickly for us when some of the missing return to the side, particularly if Mendy turns out to be a decent player.  Keep the bloody faith, boys and girls!

3 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Exactly!  I've just read most of this thread with my mouth agog (not because I'm a mouth-breather with a CV postcode).  Too many fans are acting like petulant children.  Yes, it is not good at the moment, but true fans would not turn so quickly on our team.  I think things could turn round pretty quickly for us when some of the missing return to the side, particularly if Mendy turns out to be a decent player.  Keep the bloody faith, boys and girls!

i really hope Mendy turns out to be as good as i think he is

Up the City

This is a free hit, let's try something new out.

----------------------Zieler

Simpson Amartey Hernandez Fuchs

---------------Drinkwater Mendy

-----Gray  -------  Okazaki  --------  Mahrez

--------------------  Slimani

Would do this with then intention of bringing on Chillwell at half time to get 45 minutes under his belt. King can come on for Mendy when he's feeling tired.

11 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

lollol But you do have a CV post code lollol

I just think it's a great opportunity to try 3-4-3, which is effectively 5-4-1 when defending. That is why Chelsea (having won eight games on the trot with this formation) are conceding so few and scoring on the break (sounds like a team I saw last season), to win matches. Come on Claudio.

Archived