Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto away Pre Match & team selection discuss

Fed up of 4-4-2. Time for a change.

------------------Zieler

Simpson--Morgan--Hernandez--Chilwell

-----------------Amartey

-----Drinkwater--------Mendy

--Gray---------Okazaki---------Musa

Want to see Kaputska get 30mins too. I see no point in starting Ulloa. The guy is nowhere near our first team and will probably leave in January, so would rather see Okazaki work on his sharpness. I know that leaves us with no physical strength upfront, but will hopefully encourage us to keep the damn ball on the floor for a change. Hoping for big games from Gray and Musa to push their way into starting 11 for Prem and also finally get to see Mendy again and pray he is the player we need so badly. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

------------------Zieler

Simpson--Morgan--Hernadez--Chilwell

-----------------Amartey

Want to see Kaputska get 30mins too. I see no point in starting Ulloa. The guy is nowhere near our first team and will probably leave in January, so would rather see Okazaki work on his sharpness. I know that leaves us with no physical strength upfront, but will hopefully encourage us to keep the damn ball on the floor for a change. Hoping for big games from Gray and Musa to push their way into starting 11 for Prem and also finally get to see Mendy again and pray he is the player we need so badly. 

Kaputska injured apparently

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Kaputska injured apparently

Gutted. Would have been a good opportunity for him to show us what he has got. Can't believe he is struggling so much in training that he can't at least get a few sub appearances. The wait goes on :rolleyes:

Just now, STUHILL said:

Gutted. Would have been a good opportunity for him to show us what he has got. Can't believe he is struggling so much in training that he can't at least get a few sub appearances. The wait goes on :rolleyes:

Yes agree, real shame that he isn't available, I'm sure this would have been his chance if Claudio is of a mind to give him a run out. 

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes agree, real shame that he isn't available, I'm sure this would have been his chance if Claudio is of a mind to give him a run out. 

I was thinking the FA Cup maybe but with such a tough tie away at Everton, that is unlikely too. Not sure we will see Kaputska at all this season. Should go on loan in January to a Championship club 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

------------------Zieler

Simpson--Morgan--Hernandez--Chilwell

-----------------Amartey

I see no point in starting Ulloa. The guy is nowhere near our first team and will probably leave in January, so would rather see Okazaki work on his sharpness. I know that leaves us with no physical strength upfront, but will hopefully encourage us to keep the damn ball on the floor for a change. Hoping for big games from Gray and Musa to push their way into starting 11 for Prem and also finally get to see Mendy again and pray he is the player we need so badly. 

I see no point in starting Okazaki. Rest him for Man City (although it looks like Vardy is being rested for that game, only Claudio knows why).

Playing Ulloa will give Claudio some idea how a front 3 will work with: Mahrez - Slimani - Musa/Gray/Vardy.

Also start Barnes for Amartey/Mendy. Might as well have Amartey/Mendy rested for Man City. King and one of them (hopefully both of them) start in the middle v Man City.

19 minutes ago, FireFox said:

I see no point in starting Okazaki. Rest him for Man City (although it looks like Vardy is being rested for that game, only Claudio knows why).

Playing Ulloa will give Claudio some idea how a front 3 will work with: Mahrez - Slimani - Musa/Gray/Vardy.

Also start Barnes for Amartey/Mendy. Might as well have Amartey/Mendy rested for Man City. King and one of them (hopefully both of them) start in the middle v Man City.

Mendy needs some minutes, cant think of a worse idea than chucking in an unfit midfielder lacking in match sharpness against one of the best midfields in europe. 

This is a perfect situation to get him up to speed, this is likely to be our last game to 'test things out' so hopefully Ranieri is ready to put plan B into motion

38 minutes ago, FireFox said:

I think Okazaki needs more game time and would be interesting to see him play as the main striker, even if just for 45 minutes and change for Ulloa at half-time. It's a fine balance between having players match sharp and well rested. I actually think Claudio will go with 4-4-2 again :dry: and start Ulloa with Okazaki anyway

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't be so sure. Wasyl, Kapustka and Benalouane all travelled to Copenhagen and got nowhere near the squad.

Meant more who's not gone, but reading the thread and who isn't there makes it interesting! 

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

With this info I bet we will see

Zieler

Simpson Morgan Hernandez Fuchs

Albrighton Mendy Drinkwater Gray

Okazaki Musa

Subs: Hamer, Chilwell, Schlupp, Amartey, Barnes, Ulloa, Wasyl

Think this is spot on. Would like to see Chilly get some time and probably it might be Jeff for Demarai, although Gray coming on and doing well on Saturday might have nicked it 

Guest seanfox778

I had a dream that I checked my phone for the score and it was 8-0 Porto. Please don't let anything like that happen. I think it'll be a dull game and it'll finish 1-0 Porto or 1-1. Maybe without any pressure on the game, the players can loosen up and put in a good performance.

44 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If Chilwell is fit he must start for me, what am experience for the young lad and will surely help his development.

Yes definitely because it's very unlikely Ranieri would bring him on during a meaningless game as he'd likely bring on midfielders and attackers. He deserves a few games as none of our defenders have been anywhere near the level they were last season.

12 hours ago, Spicer said:

As we have nothing riding on this at all we may as well get creative and try things out. Also for most of our players this will be there only chance to in the Champions League.
So:

Hamer

Hernandez Wasyl Amartey

Schlupp James Mendy Chillwell

Gray   Ulloa    Musa

Think you could be onto something with Amartey in a back 3.

If Ranieri and Shaky make the changes then it could be a blessing in disguise for us. Hungry players, keen to prove a point.

Give Shlupp (although he can be deadly both for and against you!!), Gray, Musa, Hernandez, a full 90.

Even give James a solid 45 mins in centre mid with Mendy the other 45 to see how they cope with Drinkwater.

They will gain absolutely nothing in going with the status quo.

[edit] in Saying that, just checked and James was not named in the group stage squad.

Archived