Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto away Pre Match & team selection discuss

Zieler

Hernandez                   Morgan                   Wasilewski

Albrighton                       Drinkwater                        Mendy                       Schluup

Gray                                                              Musa

Vardy

If we play like utter ***** I suppose it wont matter because people think it's a 'nothing game'

It's not a nothing game, it's an opportunity for these players to demonstrate that they actually have a pair of bollocks between them, it's an opportunity to put in a decent performance and regain an ounce of confidence that we can try and harness to help us in the league.

This is possibly an opportunity for the manager to try something different against a ****ing good side.

If our players approach this with the same attitude they will be murdered on the pitch and murdered off it.

Go there and try our bloody hardest to win the game, I'll be there and I'll be showing the lads some support.

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Zieler

Albrighton                       Drinkwater                        Mendy                       Schluup

Vardy

I like the idea but Okazaki has to play and I'm concerned about Wasyl and Schlupp. Fuchs and Chilwell in there and we're good to go. Also, Musa is dog shit.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I like the idea but Okazaki has to play and I'm concerned about Wasyl and Schlupp. Fuchs and Chilwell in there and we're good to go. Also, Musa is dog shit.

Musa isn't dog shit. He's barely had a chance. 

I'm resting Okazaki for the Man City game. Schluup did well as a WB in the great escape which is my thinking with him. Wasyl since he is a CB. Not sure Fuchs or Chilwell would be disciplined enough to keep shape at CB. Would be inclined to join the WBs leaving massive space. 

Tbh im not really fussed on the personnel. I would just really like to see a change in formation. 

On 04/12/2016 at 09:52, foxhateram said:

This is the perfect opportunity to play around with a new formation and give some fringe players a chance to prove they are ready. 

IF and it's a big IF, we played a different formation and fringe players and it worked, do you see claudio having the bollocks to stick with it and those players?

If the answer is yes great, however I suspect he will go back to the regular starters, in which case if he tries a new formation, it needs to be the players he plans to pick being part of it so they get used to it.

However I think we all know, there will be changes on weds, however it will be 4 4 ****ing 2.

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Musa isn't dog shit. He's barely had a chance. 

I'm resting Okazaki for the Man City game. Schluup did well as a WB in the great escape which is my thinking with him. Wasyl since he is a CB. Not sure Fuchs or Chilwell would be disciplined enough to keep shape at CB. Would be inclined to join the WBs leaving massive space. 

Tbh im not really fussed on the personnel. I would just really like to see a change in formation. 

I've got serious suspicions over Musa, I know he's a confidence player but his finishing is excrement. Watch him snatch and blaze shots, he's a glorified Waghorn.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I've got serious suspicions over Musa, I know he's a confidence player but his finishing is excrement. Watch him snatch and blaze shots, he's a glorified Waghorn.

He may snatch and blaze shots but at least he is getting into positions to shoot. Some games he may miss but then he may go on a good run of scoring. You would like to think a good run of games would get his match sharpness up. He has been a bit part player so far.

Also he is only 24. Still not hit his peak yet. People are too quick to write players off. 

17 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

He may snatch and blaze shots but at least he is getting into positions to shoot. Some games he may miss but then he may go on a good run of scoring. You would like to think a good run of games would get his match sharpness up. He has been a bit part player so far.

Also he is only 24. Still not hit his peak yet. People are too quick to write players off. 

Yeah fair point but his lack of confidence from the outset has astounded me. Against Hull he was so scared to shoot when he had the chance and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Fair enough now when the whole club is is under pressure and in a rut but right from the off he's looked bereft of belief.

Zieler

Hernandez                   Morgan                   Chilwell

Albrighton                       Drinkwater                        Mendy                       Fuchs

Slimani

Okazaki, Vardy, James, Huth, Amartey, Simpson, Mahrez

12 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Zieler

Hernandez                   Morgan                   Chilwell

Albrighton                       Drinkwater                        Mendy                       Fuchs

Slimani

Okazaki, Vardy, James, Huth, Amartey, Simpson, Mahrez

I'd swap Chilwell and Fuchs there but I quite like it.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah fair point but his lack of confidence from the outset has astounded me. Against Hull he was so scared to shoot when he had the chance and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Fair enough now when the whole club is is under pressure and in a rut but right from the off he's looked bereft of belief.

I know what you mean. The amount of times he wouldn't shoot got on my nerves. He may have felt like he was obliged to pass. Either way i'm sure he will come good. 

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd swap Chilwell and Fuchs there but I quite like it.

Originally, I did just that.  However I was thinking about two things:
1. Fuchs' left foot has enough curl and precision on it to make my arse clap and ball hairs stand on edge.  He'd be crossing them into Slimani / through the channel to Musa all day.
2. Chilwell has more pace than Fuchs - particularly when getting back.  I've noticed Fuchs is being beaten on the back-track sprint more often than not, compared to last season.

Either way, this formation feels quite strong.  Something like this would be great, especially in the league.

5-2-1-2 wingbacks. 

Gk Zieler

Rwb Albrighton/Amartey 

Lwb Schlupp/Chilwell 

Cb Fuchs

Cb Morgan 

Cb Hernandez 

Cm Mendy

Cm Drinkwater 

Cam Mahrez/Gray

St Slimani

St Okazaki/Musa

Or 4-3-3

Gk Zieler

Rb Hernandez 

Cb Was

Cb Morgan

Lb Fuchs

Dm Amartey

Cm Mendy

Cm Drinkwater

Rw Gray

St Slimani

Lw Musa/Schlupp

10 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Originally, I did just that.  However I was thinking about two things:
1. Fuchs' left foot has enough curl and precision on it to make my arse clap and ball hairs stand on edge.  He'd be crossing them into Slimani / through the channel to Musa all day.
2. Chilwell has more pace than Fuchs - particularly when getting back.  I've noticed Fuchs is being beaten on the back-track sprint more often than not, compared to last season.

Either way, this formation feels quite strong.  Something like this would be great, especially in the league.

The thought of Riyad and Gray being given freedom to concentrate on attacking is exciting as well.

I would have a stab at a 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2

Zieler

Amartey     Morgan     Huth/Fuchs

Albrighton          Mendy         Drinkwater      Chilwell/Schlupp

Mahrez                         Vardy                                  Gray    

Subs - Hamer, Hernandez, Chilwell/Schlupp, King, Musa, Slimani, Okazaki

3-5-2

Zieler

Amartey            Morgan            Huth/Fuchs

Albrighton                    Mendy           Drinkwater                Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy      Slimani

Subs - Hamer, Hernandez, Chilwell, King, Musa, Kapustka, Okazaki

Would be interesting to see Fuchs and Amartey in a back 3 with Morgan. We need to get Vardy scoring again

11 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

I would have a stab at a 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2

Zieler

Amartey     Morgan     Huth/Fuchs

Albrighton          Mendy         Drinkwater      Chilwell/Schlupp

Mahrez                         Vardy                                  Gray    

Subs - Hamer, Hernandez, Chilwell/Schlupp, King, Musa, Slimani, Okazaki

3-5-2

Zieler

Amartey            Morgan            Huth/Fuchs

Albrighton                    Mendy           Drinkwater                Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy      Slimani

Subs - Hamer, Hernandez, Chilwell, King, Musa, Kapustka, Okazaki

Would be interesting to see Fuchs and Amartey in a back 3 with Morgan. We need to get Vardy scoring again

Need to get him actually involved in games for starters, or even touch the ball at alllol

I like the idea of a back 3 with Hernandez, Morgan and Fuchs... all good enough in the air and 2 of them have quality to control ball and make a sensible pass. That would be very exciting to see how it would work.

will never happen tho 

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Zieler

Vardy

Slimani will play for certain!

They're a reputable club, in European competitions, and have been for years.

A win here would be more pleasing than other results in the competition and would show the players cared about the game despite already through.

I can see a comfortable porto win, they are good at home and were poor away.  However I hope we put a good stint in and keep a clean sheet

I honestly think our european form is deceptive, I don't think we've been that good, but alittle fortunate, but winning is winning and we deserve to be in the knock out stage

Archived