Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto away Pre Match & team selection discuss

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Mendy needs some minutes, cant think of a worse idea than chucking in an unfit midfielder lacking in match sharpness against one of the best midfields in europe. 

This is a perfect situation to get him up to speed, this is likely to be our last game to 'test things out' so hopefully Ranieri is ready to put plan B into motion

I thought we've been playing our plan B all this season - polar opposite of last season (Plan A) . 

Time for Plan A to make a return! 

This game is worthless really other than bravado wanting a clean sheet or 100% free of loss !!

Time now to rest the first team lads and give the fringe players a chance of playing in the Champions League such as Gray/Ndwuku (spelling) chilwell etc!!

Give them the night off rest the first team do the likes of Morgan etc need to travel to Portugal keep them home and give them a kick up the arse to get results in the important matches of Premier league survival!

Hoping Claudio rests most if not all and tries a different formation tonight as 4-4-2 is not working for us !!

going for the draw tho whatever team Claudio puts on the team sheet !!

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Be good to see this Harvey Barnes get a run out. See what all the hype is about. 

Know his Leicester career and seen many times. Hype suggests exaggerated reports and comments. 

Don't expect the world obviously but he does shine in the development teams that have been underperforming until lately.

On recent showing's you'd pick him out as being the 7m player, not  Kapustka.

Plays a simple and confident game but will if gets anytime it will be in unchartered territory. I think he'll make it in time regardless.  

11 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Gutted. Would have been a good opportunity for him to show us what he has got. Can't believe he is struggling so much in training that he can't at least get a few sub appearances. The wait goes on :rolleyes:

Those that watch the youth team seem to think Barnes has so far this season been far better than Kapustka.

I'm hopeful that Mendy and Drinks get some time together in midfield - really hope Mendy gets 45-60 mins then I'd like to see Barnes come on. Giving an 18 year old a Champions League debut? Stuff dreams are made of surely! Come on Harvey take your chance!

Can't believe we are playing in the Champions league and people are saying the game is meaningless and worthless FFS. we'd like to remain unbeaten in the group stages that would be an incredible achievement in our first season, and show the rest of Europe that we won't be pushovers in the knockout stage.we need to play well and use the Champions league experience to help with our league form whoever plays should want and need to put in a performance worthy of the shirt and play for pride and spirit

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Those that watch the youth team seem to think Barnes has so far this season been far better than Kapustka.

Who scouted players like Kapustka though?

Are we to believe Walsh left us with a load of duds before he left for Everton?

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Who scouted players like Kapustka though?

Are we to believe Walsh left us with a load of duds before he left for Everton?

I've always thought it was Ranieri, it was he who was making all the calls to the head of the Polish club and Kapustka. It seemed to me very much like a rush buy having seen him in the Euros. Especially if we signed him without ever seeing him live (as John Percy said)... don't think that's happened under Walsh as he was regularly off checking on people.

Guest CityFan 06

Given the news about certain players not involved tonight, I reckon it will be this lineup:

Zieler

Simpson
Morgan
Hernandez

Fuchs

Gray 
Mendy
Drinkwater
Schlupp

Musa
Okazaki

9 hours ago, Royston. said:

coincidence??

Nah....it's a conspiracy to keep his cost down before we transfer him :o

At last there is realisation from Claudio that something has to change, and he is well aware that the owners may think he's the one trhat needs changing. I really hope we can pull a rabbit out of the hat tonight and have an outstanding team performance.

All of a sudden I'm fully interested in this game...last night I was in the couldn't give a sh*t camp

Archived