Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Man City Home - Pre-match Discussion

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

for me. Two things are clear so far, we need three in the middle and shinji has to play

Unfortunately, Shinji played a full 90 minutes today. He also didn't look all that good. Ulloa was better imo.

Vardy and Slimani are rested. They will probably both start.

The whole squad is so short on confidence now, I think last night showed it isn't about giving others a chance, but about grinding out a result and hoping our best players return to form.

Not too many options (especially in middle of park) so I would go

Zieler

Simpson

Hernandez

Morgan

Fuchs

Albrighton

King

Amartey

Gray

Mahrez

Slimani

That centre midfield makes me shudder but Mendy will not be fit after 90 minutes in Porto, and I have no ide whether James is ready or not.

Would put the following on the bench

Hamer

Huth

Chilwell

Mendy

James

Okazaki

Vardy

44 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Come 16.30 this saturday and we see the team sheet is 4-4-2, Man City are going to rip us to shreds. 

There has to be change this weekend, what's to lose? errr ok, yeah...3 points, pride, confidence, reputation, fans etc etc I get it. But we should go down trying, I don't mean relegation. 

If we come out with a bit of a difference, not like last night, but something more refined and purposeful wouldn't that be better than the same team.

I think....

Zieler

Simpson Morgan Fuchs Chilwell 

Amartey  Mendy Albrighton

Mahrez   Slimini   Gray

4-3-3

Never seen Fuchs play CB, but worth a shout. 

Looks a bit like open bar on the left side. What could possibly go wrong?

You didn't watch yesterday's game did you? Because after that there is no way one in their mind would let Chilwell come anywhere near the bench.

Yeah play try a right back as CB for the first time against one of the title contenders with world class player

19 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Looks a bit like open bar on the left side. What could possibly go wrong?

You didn't watch yesterday's game did you? Because after that there is no way one in their mind would let Chilwell come anywhere near the bench.

Yeah play try a right back as CB for the first time against one of the title contenders with world class player

Fuchs is a left back :thumbup:

2 hours ago, FireFox said:

Zieler

Albrighton - Hernandez - Morgan - Fuchs

Amartey - James/Mendy/Barnes - King

Mahrez - Slimani/Ulloa - Vardy/Gray

No, Claudio won't try it, but it's what I want. Or a formation with 3 at the back, Albrighton/Fuchs as wingbacks, but I doubt that will happen even more.

Even if we played every single player above, I still think we would get over run in midfield.

18 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

Negative cvnts.

Kasper

Simpson 

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Albrighton

Mendy

Amartey

Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

Man City are really shit defensively, not as shit as us but still shit.

They could play without a goal keeper - it really makes no difference if you aren't going to attack with intent. We appear to have gone into our shells and are scared to attack.

4 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Even if we played every single player above, I still think we would get over run in midfield.

Fernandinho has been their rock in midfield.

Regardless of how limited our midfield will/can be, theirs might not hold up if Yaya/Fernando/Gundogan/whoever can't step up.

Guest CityFan 06

We need to try something different, whether it be 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. I'm not getting a feel about this one, normally you'd expect a Man City win but surely things can only get better after last night - I hope? Little undecided between King, Amartey or Okazaki in the middle who could make up a three with Mendy, but that's dependent anyway on the current situation with Mendy. Drinkwater still out of course. Matty James in a three maybe? Hope Okazaki is ok to play. 

Zieler

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

King 

Mendy

Okazaki

Mahrez

Slimani

Musa

38 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Changes nothing to the matter. You don't try a LB or a RB as a CB for the first time against a big shark unless you're looking for trouble :thumbup:

I was being a smart arse jeeeez you don't need to explain your reasoning to me :thumbup:

We need 2 midfielders tasked with defensive responsibility and nothing else, so perhaps the 451 variation of 4231 highlights that better

So, it has to be Mendy & Amartey really

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Amartey Mendy

Mahrez Okazaki Albrighton

Slimani

Guest Danny Clender
37 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Changes nothing to the matter. You don't try a LB or a RB as a CB for the first time against a big shark unless you're looking for trouble :thumbup:

The position we're in and with the time we have, we can't prioritise games as "Big Sharks" or "Little Sharks" You can't wait for fixtures against the bottom clubs to try out new tactics, we missed that chance during the last 4 games.

Fuchs gets injured Chilwell is the replacement, that's the squad we have. 

Schlupp is the other cover, I'd take Chilwell over him, any game, in that position.

Chilwell is getting a hammering today on here, he wasn't great, but nobody else was. Had he have lost his player in the 89th minute, Porto score and we lost 2-1, I think he could have reason to be singled out, but not amongst those performances from last night. 

His defence is all over these forums as well, and in my opinion fully deserved, 19, no sustained game time, no help, no protection the list goes on. 

I am fully aware Fuchs is not a CB, but with the options we have right now, somebody has to throw some crazy thinking in. 

At least Fuchs will have a better chance of staying in a defending position. 

It's going to be hard to watch this game, not sure who's got the luck on their side regarding the suspension of Sergio Aguero , us because he's not playing or MC because they're playing us....I suspect the latter.

I'm hoping that both Mendy and James will get a game as DD is still suspended, and the Amartey - King combination, clearly and to our cost, hasn't worked. I don't want to see Chilwell, or Schlupp anywhere near the team...I thought the same about Huth but maybe he will give something extra after having bagged 2 against them last season in our 3-1 victory at the Etihad. That win took us 5 points clear at the top (remember those days, they seems so long ago now). We need to get stuck in and make tackles, we're not winning the ball, the new rules seem to have made us afraid to even make tackles on opponents. Our midfield have to find the forwards with some accuracy and not get bypassed by an almighty boot upfield by the defenders to the feet or head of an opponent.

Claudio, ring in sick for the day and let Craig have a go, he couldn't do any worse.

Do scoreboards go into double figures :(

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just looked at Bet365. Man City are only 8/11 to win so the bookies do give us some glimmer of hope.

Bookies are going to get smashed on this one if any punters have sense. (That may just be me being hopeful of big winnings though haha)

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Bookies are going to get smashed on this one if any punters have sense. (That may just be me being hopeful of big winnings though haha)

You know...I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be closer than most people seem to think. I'm playing safe and going btts.

Let's hope the players left behind in England while the squad was in Portugal had a nice rest and are up for the job against Man City. they need to perform a hell of a lot better in this game than they have been doing this season and we shouldn't accept any excuses given for a poor performance. they need to play for the shirt, the club, each other and the themselves as well as the fans.it is time they started performing and doing the business on the pitch and forget off the field activities until we are safe. WE NEED A PERFORMANCE< WHEN DO WE WANT IT! NOW!

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

You know...I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be closer than most people seem to think. I'm playing safe and going btts.

I think Aguero being out and mendy being fit must be a factor in the odds.

I'll be honest, if I see anything along the lines of

Zieler

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Amartey

King

Albrighton

Vardy

Slimani

I'm going to be going pretty heavy on the win and -1 handicap.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think Aguero being out and mendy being fit must be a factor in the odds.

I'll be honest, if I see anything along the lines of

Zieler

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Amartey

King

Albrighton

Vardy

Slimani

I'm going to be going pretty heavy on the win and -1 handicap.

That's exactly what I think you'll see mate.

18 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

The position we're in and with the time we have, we can't prioritise games as "Big Sharks" or "Little Sharks" You can't wait for fixtures against the bottom clubs to try out new tactics, we missed that chance during the last 4 games.

Fuchs gets injured Chilwell is the replacement, that's the squad we have. 

Schlupp is the other cover, I'd take Chilwell over him, any game, in that position.

Chilwell is getting a hammering today on here, he wasn't great, but nobody else was. Had he have lost his player in the 89th minute, Porto score and we lost 2-1, I think he could have reason to be singled out, but not amongst those performances from last night. 

His defence is all over these forums as well, and in my opinion fully deserved, 19, no sustained game time, no help, no protection the list goes on. 

I am fully aware Fuchs is not a CB, but with the options we have right now, somebody has to throw some crazy thinking in. 

At least Fuchs will have a better chance of staying in a defending position. 

Big sharks will make you pay dearly for the smallest mistake, little sharks less so. Amartey was CB play him there then. No LB as CB as long as you can avoid it. They tend to make dramatic mistakes in their first games

Sick of hearing the "he's young, he needs time". By then we'll swim in Championship. Chillwell is as bad as it can get. Couldn't believe my eyes how easy he was to get past. 

Mendy doesn't look ready for a game like this but we don't have any option but to start him. 

Playing him him in a two would not be fair and he won't thank the manager for 'hanging him out to dry' like that.

I wonder if wes felt the same last night and that's why he left the field so quickly 

would be amazed if if we don't start with just one up top 

Archived