Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Man City Home - Pre-match Discussion

drinky has been poor in his last few games before the suspension. cost us the game against WBA and gave a silly penalty away today. His hopefull punts up the field to vardy are all too predictable now. Last year we would be 3-4 incisive passes long and short and would counter with great effect. This year we are ponderous with no direction.

How can Ranieri play Schlupp ahead of gray like he did earlier in the season. Amartey is not ready for this league and has been shown up time and again. King and Amartey can't tackle and neither stamps their authority on the game.

We have basically been playing without a centre midfield....deeney said as much when he said it was much easier to get to Huth and Morgan now that Kante isn't babysitting them.

We can still get a result on Saturday but the team morale will be very low.... Ranieri messed up big time by fielding this team and expecting a result. The low confidence is going to take an epic comeback - like the survival year to restore confidence. We might as well give up on the CL..... even if we draw a 'lesser' team like Sevilla we are dead meat

It's got to be time for the 3-5-2 or the 4-3-3. You can cram Mendy, Amartey and whoever else (does it have to be King?) into the middle. There are options up front (not Musa, but other than that...) and we have personnel to play wing back and to join Huth / Morgan in a back three (not Hernandez, though). So, if there were ever a time to mix things up, system-wise this could be it. We certainly can't keep giving up the centre of the park as we have, and the defence clearly needs a bit more protecting. Above all, it'd be nice if we could at least look tough to beat this weekend.

You know what? I think we could really turn a corner with a 433.

------------------------Ziegler---------------------

Simpson------Wes--------Huth------Fuchs

---------King-------Mendy-----Amartey------

-----Vardy----------Slimani---------Mahrez----

Drinkwater in King's place if he was available. Maybe even Albrighton.

It's also a toss up between Gray and Vardy.

Just give it a go Claudio.

Sorry.....maybe still reeling having just got back to Leicester....can't see beyond a pasting.....morale is low and we don't have the defenders to cope with their movement than less CR changes formation........which he won't 

Who's setting the odds for this.? Can only get 4.5 on Leicester, got 6 against Chelsea,Tottenham and Man U.

Haven't these people been watching.!!!.

Trying to scrape something from this dismal mess we're in...

With the way MCity lost last week - expect some retribution...

after 5-0 schlackking.. instead of perking ...

i expect another lost of epic proportion.. the Thai owners must be having sleepness nights. Its time to summon those chanting monks from Thai monasteries 

please - more holy water !

20151207191513-4-631x420.jpg

Don't see anything much changing imminently. The reserve keeper is a mile away from Kasper, but the reserve for that reserve is a million miles away. So keeper is unchanged until KS is fit. We have no alternatives at CB except a gamble in Amartey who is untried there for us - surely last night was the time to try that!? Hernandez is weak so Simpson plays. Fuchs is our best LB currently. So back five stays the same. There aren't realistic alternatives. Memdy did some running last night, which will help him. But his actual game looked extremely rusty. DD is banned / injured. So King and Amartey it is. Out forwards and wide players look woefully out of form, apart from the one Claudio seems reluctant to play. The motivation is at rock-bottom. Just genuinely struggling to see how much changes until battle-hardened and first-choice players are added to this decaying squad hopefully in January. It will turn. Just needs more help than any of us could possibly have envisaged. 

All joking aside, I am expecting a heavy defeat but I'd just like to see some passion back, perhaps a decent pass or two, maybe even a tame shot on goal. Whilst a defeat will still make me angry if I can at least go away and say " you know what, we didn't play too badly today" then it'll make it a little less bitter. 

Zieler

Albrighton - Hernandez - Morgan - Fuchs

Amartey - James/Mendy/Barnes - King

Mahrez - Slimani/Ulloa - Vardy/Gray

No, Claudio won't try it, but it's what I want. Or a formation with 3 at the back, Albrighton/Fuchs as wingbacks, but I doubt that will happen even more.

We'll lose by about 3, and the atmosphere will be poisonous.

I was looking forward to it with it being a late kick off, but after last night, there's no escaping the thought that we're in an irreversible nose dive. We just don't look like we have the balls to get ourselves out of it.

Guest Danny Clender

Come 16.30 this saturday and we see the team sheet is 4-4-2, Man City are going to rip us to shreds. 

There has to be change this weekend, what's to lose? errr ok, yeah...3 points, pride, confidence, reputation, fans etc etc I get it. But we should go down trying, I don't mean relegation. 

If we come out with a bit of a difference, not like last night, but something more refined and purposeful wouldn't that be better than the same team.

I think....

Zieler

Simpson Morgan Fuchs Chilwell 

Amartey  Mendy Albrighton

Mahrez   Slimini   Gray

4-3-3

Never seen Fuchs play CB, but worth a shout. 

Archived