Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

Do you want to keep Ranieri as manager?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Just now, Kinowe Soorie said:

He'd be perfect with our squad if the opportunity arose. Not too sure he would ever come back though? CR still has leeway for now

Alot more appealing than last time we went in for him, the thought of champions league football maybe something to him that he may not resist. But saying that at the same time, that might be the only thing that is keeping Ranieri in his job.

I think he should stay, but it's not unconditional. If people at the club felt that he'd taken his eye off the job and diplomatically moved him upstairs, then I might be able to understand why that had happened. But so long as everyone who matters feels he's got a viable plan, and is working hard towards it, he should be given longer.

Plus, if we'd wanted someone different in we should really have given them time to assess their options before the transfer window, and now I think we've made our decision to stick with him (rightly, I hope) we should run with it. We need serious changes, but those don't always have to entail firing the manager.

That said, I couldn't agree less with those who seem to think that you hang on to Ranieri out of sheer gratitude. If something's wrong, and that's apparent in ways that go beyond what we're seeing, then we'd be wrong to sacrifice this season in the name of last season. I suspect it's not quite come to that, yet, but the Ranieri-at-all-costs approach doesn't cut it for me any more than the 'fire him now! while we can!' approach.

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

The other thing is, what team that has changed managers in panic have then gone on to be more successful? Not many that are in our price bracket for signings and salary.

If we're losing every week and playing the same football what difference does it make?

Voted Yes. For me he gets the whole season at the very least. He's earned that much from the miracle that was last season. 

However he seems so far away from the tactical genius he was last year. He had the knack of seeing what opposition were doing last year and countering it straight away. He'd identify were the problem was coming from on the pitch and rectify it immediately. This year his decisions have been baffling. At the start I assumed it was out of pure loyalty to the main 11 from last year yet that's not stopped him dropping a coule of main players in our title run. 

Today switching to 4-3-3 was pointless. We controlled the first half and looked great. Didn't create a great deal but I thought it was obvious that the first change to be made was to bring on some pace up front I musa and have him run at them. Drinkwater for King maybe. Sadly from the way this seasons gone it was obvious that he was going to take Grey off instead of Albrighton. I can't see any reason what so ever to have kept him on. He was awful today. The only performance worse than his was from Claudio..... 

I have no doubt he will but he needs his mojo back. We need back the Ranieri of last year. Our miracle manager. 

Undecided. He can turn it around but I don't want a situation where the fans are seriously turning against the man who delivered the best season we'll ever have.

We've had nearly half a season and I've seen little to suggest we'll do any better than 14th which is a huge disappointment.

7 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

MON would be perfect with our squad if the opportunity arose. Not too sure he would ever come back though? CR still has leeway for now

Change our manager every three years and win the league every three years!! I like it!!

This term we are suffering the things we didn't suffer last season, suspensions, injury and soon to come the African Cup Of Nations.

For me, he stays. Partly out of loyalty to the guy who delivered history to our club and made us a worldwide name and partly because there's no-one better out there.

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

So who would you want? Please don't say Pearson/Moyes/Pardew

Pearson isn't going to happen again (although we could do with someone to motivate the players against adversity like he did)

Definitely not Moyes or Pardew.

Liking the Mancini shout. Hiddink would be amazing but maybe wouldn't come. 

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This term we are suffering the things we didn't suffer last season, suspensions, injury and soon to come the African Cup Of Nations.

For me, he stays. Partly out of loyalty to the guy who delivered history to our club and made us a worldwide name and partly because there's no-one better out there.

There is always someone better whether you can get them or not is another matter!

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The other thing is, what team that has changed managers in panic have then gone on to be more successful? Not many that are in our price bracket for signings and salary.

While I'm not in favour of firing Ranieri, there are a few successful examples from recent years.

I saw an interesting thing a couple of years ago about survival rates of sides in the bottom 5 at New Year, and how those who changed manager fared marginally better than those that didn't. I suppose you could argue that those figures are easily twisted to support your argument, but I suppose it depends on the manager you're firing, the state of the club and the guy you're replacing him with.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Pearson isn't going to happen again (although we could do with someone to motivate the players against adversity like he did)

Definitely not Moyes or Pardew.

Liking the Mancini shout. Hiddink would be amazing but maybe wouldn't come. 

Partly agree in that NP won't happen, but CR motivated the players to achievements above their level. Something there has fundamentally changed so there's no way of knowing who could attain that now. Hopefully CR and the team will find that mojo again but I don't think a change would be beneficial in the long term.

Voted yes, but still think he's on borrowed time. Worst defending champions, 17 points in 18 games, only 4 (!) wins. The defeat today could be also morale shattering because we looked decent until the end of the first half. It's a game we should never have lost.

If we do pull the trigger at any point then we need to do everything to convince benitez that we'll back him with the cash to make us a top 7 team

Voted yes. 

The squad is lacking in some ways which are paradoxically both obvious now but which were hard to imagine a few months ago.

Claudio, I'm absolutely sure, knows what the problems are. His challenge now is to address them and what I want to see is steady progress.

I'm not expecting us to turn back into champions, but from the low benchmark we've set ourselves in this season so far we should be looking for steady progress throughout 2017. Provided we're not relegated then for me i wouldn't consider sacking him until next Christmas. It's going to take time to replace things like an entire ageing defence. He won't be able to do it all in January.

18 minutes ago, Parafox said:

To quote my own post.... we are one of the few that did.

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Partly agree in that NP won't happen, but CR motivated the players to achievements above their level. Something there has fundamentally changed so there's no way of knowing who could attain that now. Hopefully CR and the team will find that mojo again but I don't think a change would be beneficial in the long term.

But this is the first time he's had it tough and he doesn't seem willing or capable of changing things and putting a rocket up the players arses.

This isn't a Ranieri assassination at all. Honestly I love the man and that's part of the reason I'd like a change. I don't want him to taint his legacy with us

Archived