Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

Do you want to keep Ranieri as manager?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

1 minute ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Clearly pearson out you were. That man brought us our first ever PL title. to ask him to be sacked 6 months later is ridiculous 

Eh what has Pearson got to do with it?

Just pointing out how easy it is to manipulate stats to suit your arguement. 

I've already stated my affection for CR but ultimately my support goes to the club and I don't want us to be playing Championship football again. I see no sign of things changing 

5 minutes ago, Barky said:

Fair enough. I've just scanned back through this thread and nobody has said they think we should stick with him unconditionally. Plenty of faith being shown in him of course, but not unconditional support. So it just seems a bit like you're arguing with yourself.

Why am I arguing with myself. Look back through the last thread.

Rather than arguing with what IS, discuss the implications of the team going down and why that apparently wouldn't matter as long as we kept Ranieri.

Its lunacy.

I think Ranieri's solution to our problems is to throw money at signings and basically all of 'his' signings have been shit.

I'm hoping he can turn us around but I'm really not convinced, we're too passive and unorganised with and without the ball.

Yes but it is a shit situation to be in. We give him this season in which he gets players in in January that are either going to be instantantly successful and keep us up or we recruit more flops that put us in more of a difficult situation. 

But then you flip the coin the other side, we get someone else in, who exactly I don't know, they recruit in January with again the fear of whether the new players will hit the ground running or not or even the fact the new manager is even more clueless as to what to do with regards to tactics. 

We all know deep down we want Ranieri to be here and so does the Chairman. We're all hoping he can dig himself out of this shit pit. The main thing is that he now needs to understand that the 442 system needs to be scrapped. There's still time to resolve this situation with Mendy and Drinkwater on the verge of full fitness plus Chilwell and Gray looking decent there's still hope. 

Ranieri just needs to see this and make the changes required. If he doesn't then he deserves to be shown the door.

A club, worthy of this name, should never ever forget the people who put it on a pedestal .. A club is first and foremost the people who make it. It is not some abstract deity for which people's careers need to be sacrificed with no consideration.

I'm only undecided, not because of last season (as you can't survive on past glories - whether they be 7 months ago or 70 years ago) - but because the January transfer window hasn't happened yet - and on paper it can't come quickly enough. It had better a vast improvement on what happened last summer re the mysterious and questionable mixture of summer transfers brought in - or we're likely to be doomed! - this in spite of Swansea, Hull and Sunderland's on going ineptitude! We can't rely on that for much, if any longer though!

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why am I arguing with myself. Look back through the last thread.

Rather than arguing with what IS, discuss the implications of the team going down and why that apparently wouldn't matter as long as we kept Ranieri.

Its lunacy.

If the future was guaranteed to be brighter if we sacked Ranieri then I'm sure everyone would want him sacked, but it's not. We're just as likely to get relegated if we sack him. 

Right now, yes but we've been shite ever since the Watford game and he's been unable to turn it around. Take the freak City result and the final 45 minutes against Stoke out of the equation, we've performed awfully.

We need a shake up in personnel in the team and the players seemingly are lacking motivation. That can only come from the manager. My main concern is that Ranieri does not recognize what needs changing and I'm unsure he has the ruthlessness to take the action that is required. The club is underperforming badly and the season has become an acute embarrassment. It cannot be laughed off with a dilly ding dilly dong anymore, if it's the players Claudio get new ones in. We've got the money. If it isn't the players, then its you. If you can do no more, you need to stand down.

7 minutes ago, Barky said:

If the future was guaranteed to be brighter if we sacked Ranieri then I'm sure everyone would want him sacked, but it's not. We're just as likely to get relegated if we sack him. 

Are you incapable of reading? There are some who want to keep Claudio REGARDLESS.

If we get relegated, they will be ok with it, as long as we still have Ranieri as the manager.

Read the bloody thread.

I think it's more of a case as to what benefits Leicester City collectively. This rubbish that the man has earnt more time than someone else is commendable but it's rubbish. This, like anything else is a business first and foremost. The higher up you are in a business the more accountable you're to it's failings (except if your name is Phillip Green, apparently!) 

ranieri got the plaudits last year but just as the players we praised repeatedly last year are now being criticised and people having no qualms about them being replaced, the manager should not be any different. The signings, tactics, fitness levels and in game decision making are all to contribute to this awful run as much as the players not doing what they did last year. 

I, like any other fan loved last year but I can't see us finish say 17th and think it's cause for celebration. Success breeds expectation and in this instance, a successful manager has been backed by his chairman. That, at present has not been repayed. It either changes or he goes - leicester city over anyone else in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think it's more of a case as to what benefits Leicester City collectively. This rubbish that the man has earnt more time than someone else is commendable but it's rubbish. This, like anything else is a business first and foremost. The higher up you are in a business the more accountable you're to it's failings (except if your name is Phillip Green, apparently!) 

ranieri got the plaudits last year but just as the players we praised repeatedly last year are now being criticised and people having no qualms about them being replaced, the manager should not be any different. The signings, tactics, fitness levels and in game decision making are all to contribute to this awful run as much as the players not doing what they did last year. 

I, like any other fan loved last year but I can't see us finish say 17th and think it's cause for celebration. Success breeds expectation and in this instance, a successful manager has been backed by his chairman. That, at present has not been repayed. It either changes or he goes - leicester city over anyone else in my opinion.

:thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are you incapable of reading? There are some who want to keep Claudio REGARDLESS.

If we get relegated, they will be ok with it, as long as we still have Ranieri as the manager.

Read the bloody thread.

I have read it and nobody has said that. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Unless we show some signs of being a team capable of staying up, no. We look terrible and a one off against Man City doesn't change that. Plenty of time left.,. But ffs sort it out.

The most worrying thing today was that we'd had 9 days to prepare and we still didn't look like we had any cohesion to our play bar 10 minutes in the first half.

I'm starting to wonder if he's out of ideas. That said, today in the post match press conference he said that Chilwell was "the only positive" which is a step in the right direction at least in terms of him realising that the performances are utterly terrible. Sadly I worry that the rot has set in and that the domestic season is largely irretrievable. Hopefully we'll stay up but we've got nothing but a grim slog in store for the next 5 months in the Premier League.

Voted undecided. I desperately want him to stay and steer us through this. But the signs of that happening seem to be diminishing by the game. Tactical inflexibility and no clear direction re. selection are not helping Claudio's own cause. Neither are the majority of players with their collective inability to match last season's form and more unforgivably their seeming lack of fight in many games, Stoke aside. For that, the buck stops with the manager whoever he is. So January is crucial. But can we get the additions we appear to need? So yes want him to stay but undecided as to whether he can turn it round and should do.

43 minutes ago, Barky said:

You're probably right, but that depends on his action plan for keeping us up. If today was offering any clues as to what that plan is, or if his summer 2016 signings are offering clues as to what his January 2017 signings will be like, then the signs aren't good.

So I agree with you, but - working by the logic that problems out in the open are often accompanied by trouble behind closed doors - I wouldn't rule out other people at the club having expressed concerns about things which we're not aware of. If people have noticed a drop off in his personal work-rate or ability to handle situations - and we've got no reason to believe they have, of course - then, and only then, would I understand the powers-that-be choosing to make a change.

If it's a case of things not yet falling into place, and Ranieri fumbling a bit in the process (which I suspect it is), then I'd give him his chance, so long as he sees that things have gone wrong, and has a clear vision of how to put them right.

Archived