Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

Do you want to keep Ranieri as manager?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Patience has worked for us before and it should work for us again. We're in a bad rut and we're not even in the bottom 3, we should be absolutely fine and we've got a last 16 Champions League game to look forward to. Very poor at the moment and some bad decisions being made but it would be very kneejerk and unjustified to sack him because of a poor run following our league victory. If we seriously look like going down it's a different story, but we don't look like relegation candidates for me. 

4 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Was Kante part of your so-called Nigel Pearson's team?

It was under Pearson that we initially pursued Kante.  

Steve Walsh did the business, but it started under Pearson, not Ranieri.

Same as Fuchs, who was incredible last season.

Ranieri did a fine job with them last year.

4 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Was Kante part of your so-called Nigel Pearson's team?

Not to take anything away from Claudio for last season but according to Walsh and reputable newspaper articles (I.e not the Sun) on our recruitment Pearson sanctioned the signing in February the season before. Pearson instructed Walsh to find an alternative in January that year.

I do not want to see Pearson back before that is thrown at me. I think he did a fantastic management job here in getting the right people to manage the their posts but Pearson without Walsh is not a great fit. 

My point is that the Cambiasso replacement was already sought in January the season before he left. Their was always a what if he goes with that administration a let's be prepared approach to the team. Our summer recruitment this season shows we had limited (if any at all) ideas in case one of the famous three left. We haven't replaced Kante and our last minute pursuit of Silva in the window suggests we were not prepared for him leaving. We seemingly didn't have a plan A and we certainly didn't have a plan b or c. The same can be said about the centre back situation - a bid for Keane and no one else. Why were we not prepared and at whose doorstep is that blame?

People can point and all sorts of reasons for what quite simply is a disastrous start to a league campaign but when you nail it down, a lot of the results points towards the management team.

The do-gooder on BBC Leicester after the game saying "we all need to calm down, 6 years ago we were away at Rotherham; we need to remember who we are", needs to **** off.

No one realistically expects us to win the league again this season, or even finish top 4.

At the start of the season many fans were saying "last season was a one off, this year mid-table / pushing for Europe would be incredible" and they were right.

We won the bastard league last season.  That doesn't mean we revert to the shit that we were previously used to.

- You spend your younger years finger-bashing munters, working your way up to 6/10 quality girls, then you marry a solid 10/10.  You don't then think after a year or two, "right, better go back to the munters".  You keep progressing.  You work that 10/10 for as long as possible.  And if she decides to run off with an African, you go again.  

I'm sick of the attitude of certain fans "oh we won the league last year but really we're a bottom 5 club".  **** that, I don't want that.  Ranieri has done a terrible job between last season and now.  He's not the man to keep us going.  We won't progress under him.  We'll wake up in August, balls deep in a munter, wearing hype t-shirts and swinging Keith Vaz's butt plugs.

I'm done.  

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Not to take anything away from Claudio for last season but according to Walsh and reputable newspaper articles (I.e not the Sun) on our recruitment Pearson sanctioned the signing in February the season before. Pearson instructed Walsh to find an alternative in January that year.

I do not want to see Pearson back before that is thrown at me. I think he did a fantastic management job here in getting the right people to manage the their posts but Pearson without Walsh is not a great fit. 

My point is that the Cambiasso replacement was already sought in January the season before he left. Their was always a what if he goes with that administration a let's be prepared approach to the team. Our summer recruitment this season shows we had limited (if any at all) ideas in case one of the famous three left. We haven't replaced Kante and our last minute pursuit of Silva in the window suggests we were not prepared for him leaving. We seemingly didn't have a plan A and we certainly didn't have a plan b or c. The same can be said about the centre back situation - a bid for Keane and no one else. Why were we not prepared and at whose doorstep is that blame?

People can point and all sorts of reasons for what quite simply is a disastrous start to a league campaign but when you nail it down, a lot of the results points towards the management team.

I too think that last summer recruitments ended up being big failures. But I guess it's always easier to judge things in hindsight.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Grip of what? 1 win in 9 league games and three points off the bottom three isn't great is it.

Call me naive or whatever but Ranieri has given this club everything. He's eclipsed the achievements of 130 odd years of this club and I don't want my club sacking the world coach of the year 6 months after we pulled off the greatest sporting achievement of recent memory. 

He's done so much for this club and the city of Leicester that frankly it would be an abomination if he were sacked. I can't really articulate how disappointed I'd be if we ever sacked him. Then again I'm a sentimental twat. 

We could've sacked him, appointed allardyce and dug out 40 points this season. But in the process we'd sack the best manager this club has ever had and who has treated everyone with the greatest respect and humility and that doesn't sit right with me and I fully trust him to step down (probably retire) when the times is right but I think we owe it to him to give him that

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Cba to get in a shitty Pearson Ranieri debate but I do think we miss Pearsons staff more than we miss him (not at all imo!) ((but we do miss his staff))

Most of the staff are still here. Phillips and Walsh arent.

Begs the question why arent Shakespeare, Stowell et all receiving more criticism?

I think weve got the blame attached to Ranieri badly out of proportion here. After every defeat, its literally the "we all knew he was rubbish but got lucky" line that comes out and its just so tiresome.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

Most of the staff are still here. Phillips and Walsh arent.

Begs the question why arent Shakespeare, Stowell et all receiving more criticism?

I think weve got the blame attached to Ranieri badly out of proportion here. After every defeat, its literally the "we all knew he was rubbish but got lucky" line that comes out and its just so tiresome.

When I meant Pearsons staff I basically meant Walsh lol but I feel silly blaming us being so shit all on Walsh leaving 

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

I'm sorry but how anyone can defend Claudio after today is beyond me....his substitutions were moronic....we are so blinded by last season that we are failing to see the problem isn't just a blip, it's a serious **** up and as someone so eloquently put it we're sleep walking into the championship, the club needs a wake up call and bloody fast...I shudder to think where we will be in a few years if we were to drop. 

Yes, the now realistic threat of relegation (if this present win one, lose five, draw two - 'and so on and so forth' - run continues) brings with it the obligatory fear of 'what might be' re the future of the club over the next five years or so I suppose, especially IF we then don't bounce back within two seasons. Then the funding from the parachute payments then run out as a consequence...while what would the present owners stance then be were that to become the case?

Equally it is a rather sobering/fearful thought to think that the last time we were relegated from the top flight with Micky Adams in 2004 that just four short years after that we then found ourselves in League One for the first time in our history after that run of horrible mediocrity in the Championship of course - albeit we didn't have the massive tag as former Premier League Champions from the previous season back then! Let's just hope the right decision is made at the right time to avoid a potential disaster. All we really need to do in May is finish 17th or higher.....then worry about the rest next season! Going down could spell disaster IMO.

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

When you take the only link between the attack and midfield off to replace him with another central midfielder, it's hard not to point fingers....

Excuse me, but what clear indicators point to Ranieri as the culprit?

We were never to replicate last season, which was a one-off. To suggest we should be vying for a Top Six spot this time around smacks of delusions of grandeur (to use a phrase employed by a former LCFC manager not so long ago).

To me, it is clear the players can't cope with the title, which the longer it continues seems more of a burden than a boost. They are the ones who are struggling with the expectations.

This past summer's transfer dealings should also be examined in more detail. Together, it forms a rather fatal mix.

We can all be wise after the event signings wise too. Its all with hindsight. When you boil it down

Youve got Vardy, who we hold onto after scoring 20+ goals. Were delighted we arent losing him to Arsenal. Now can barely score a goal. Unlikely to repeat last season admittedly, but we didnt think he would struggle so badly.

Morgan and Huth. So solid this season. So un-solid this. Totally think we need to look towards younger players to come in at the centreback position. But these two have really regressed to the extent i didnt think they would. You bring a backup in like Hernandez to fill in when there is an issue with these two. Now the centrebacks are a problem.

Musa comes in. the reaction is mostly positive. Comes with a decent pedigree as a Russian champion, champions league experience. £16 million doesnt seem to excessive a fee. Doesnt have the impact we expect.

Slimani averaging a goal every other game in Portuguese Liga Nos. Player weve tracked for a while. Looks an ok player so far and likely to improve.

Mendy. Looks like a smart signing for a reasonably small fee, and then unfortunately gets a bad injury. Who can legislate for that? Consequently weve seen little of him.

Kaputska. One of the most exciting youngsters at the Euros, comes in for a small fee looks like he could be a hugely exciting player. There is some underlying reason why he isnt playing.

A lot of us would have said our summer business was ok. A few werent convinced and thats fine. But its easy to say our business was terrible after things start to go wrong. When alls said and done, its an educated guess and you cant foresee circumstances.

Hard vote. Don't wanna sack the man who we won the league with, however week in week out with his team selections and substitutions I am starting to get more and more convinced that he is the same bloke we thought he was when he originally joined us. He won the league with us last season, but to be honest, I reckon any manager who came in with that bunch of players at that particular time would have come close if not won the league. If Pearson had stayed, I think we would have won the league. I think what won us the league wasn't a manager, it was the players, the right players in the right group at the right time. Any manager who came in and didn't prevent them from being that team would have come close, if not won the league. 

We all love Ranieri, he was hilarious last season, and is a nice old man we all still love watch, but to be fair, I think tactically he hasn't got a clue. I would rather have him than MON and I can't believe people are banding his name about, he was possibly the best manager in the world at his peak other than Fergie, but he's lost touch now, hence he is managing Ireland! Right now, we need a manager who knows how to get results. Ranieri doesn't know his best 11, doesn't know when to give or not give fringe players a chance, and even when he does, he doesn't give them enough of a chance to make an impression. 

I'm fed up of listening to neutrals saying we should be grateful after everything Ranieri did for us last season. I'm a Leicester fan, we're champions and I expect more than what we're getting. I'm not ungrateful or unappreciative, I just expect what I have always expected. Effort. I think on our day, we can beat any team in the league. Man City wasn't a fluke, yes their defence is shit, but that was us from last season back again, and if we had made the right signings in the summer, I reckon we would be like that a lot more often this season. I didn't think we would win the league again this season, I don't think many people did, but I expected us to batter shit teams the same we we did last season on the counter, and to have that same ruthlessness about us. Last season is cemented in history, and nobody can ever take it away, but it will be pretty ****ing shit if we get relegated this season after what we did. 

12 minutes ago, spaghettilegs said:

Hard vote. Don't wanna sack the man who we won the league with, however week in week out with his team selections and substitutions I am starting to get more and more convinced that he is the same bloke we thought he was when he originally joined us. He won the league with us last season, but to be honest, I reckon any manager who came in with that bunch of players at that particular time would have come close if not won the league. If Pearson had stayed, I think we would have won the league. I think what won us the league wasn't a manager, it was the players, the right players in the right group at the right time. Any manager who came in and didn't prevent them from being that team would have come close, if not won the league. 

We all love Ranieri, he was hilarious last season, and is a nice old man we all still love watch, but to be fair, I think tactically he hasn't got a clue. I would rather have him than MON and I can't believe people are banding his name about, he was possibly the best manager in the world at his peak other than Fergie, but he's lost touch now, hence he is managing Ireland! Right now, we need a manager who knows how to get results. Ranieri doesn't know his best 11, doesn't know when to give or not give fringe players a chance, and even when he does, he doesn't give them enough of a chance to make an impression. 

I'm fed up of listening to neutrals saying we should be grateful after everything Ranieri did for us last season. I'm a Leicester fan, we're champions and I expect more than what we're getting. I'm not ungrateful or unappreciative, I just expect what I have always expected. Effort. I think on our day, we can beat any team in the league. Man City wasn't a fluke, yes their defence is shit, but that was us from last season back again, and if we had made the right signings in the summer, I reckon we would be like that a lot more often this season. I didn't think we would win the league again this season, I don't think many people did, but I expected us to batter shit teams the same we we did last season on the counter, and to have that same ruthlessness about us. Last season is cemented in history, and nobody can ever take it away, but it will be pretty ****ing shit if we get relegated this season after what we did. 

Can you honestly say with a straight face you believe this, when Man City were spending £50 million on players like Sterling and De Bruyne, Chelsea had just romped the league with Hazard, Costa, Terry, Azpilicueta, Courtois, youd got Man Utd in the mix, Arsenal who many were tipping to have a great season

And you genuinely thought a team that barely avoided relegation were destined to win the league????

The finished 14th part is a bit irrelevant. The margins were so small, the team that finished 14th and 17th were basically no better than each other lets face it. A point or two maybe over the course of 38 games was it? Avoided relegation with one game to spare.

Any manager that came in, at that time, would have challenged for the league? with Leicester City?

Are you having a dream about a team you made on Fifa?

EDIT: Looked at the table from that season, 41 points which was 3 more, one win more, than Villa in 17th. Having lost the joing 3rd most games that season.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Call me naive or whatever but Ranieri has given this club everything. He's eclipsed the achievements of 130 odd years of this club and I don't want my club sacking the world coach of the year 6 months after we pulled off the greatest sporting achievement of recent memory. 

He's done so much for this club and the city of Leicester that frankly it would be an abomination if he were sacked. I can't really articulate how disappointed I'd be if we ever sacked him. Then again I'm a sentimental twat. 

We could've sacked him, appointed allardyce and dug out 40 points this season. But in the process we'd sack the best manager this club has ever had and who has treated everyone with the greatest respect and humility and that doesn't sit right with me and I fully trust him to step down (probably retire) when the times is right but I think we owe it to him to give him that

My favourite post on here in a long time.

Unless it gets much worse, you've got to give this season and next to Claudio, he has earnt it.

He had faith in the players who won the league last season and its not working out. So we give him another transfer window or two, where he will not be weighed down by sentiment and loyalty, to flush out the dead wood who cannot replicate last seasons heights.

Remember, his entire managerial career has been spent in the upper reaches of the European leagues and that this is just a blip. We are currently still in the CL with a flicker of hope of going far.

I think people should show a little more respect.

We are playing shit, and it's frustrating because we all think we can play better with a tweak in formation and selection, but Claudio proved his expertise last season and may be waiting on new signings to bolster results and fit into his style of football.

Football changes quickly and in a couple of months time we could easily be mid table, on an FA Cup run and competing in the CL.

35 minutes ago, Donut said:

Are you having a dream about a team you made on Fifa?

Don't play FIFA mate. 

I just believe that the main reason we won the league was the bunch of players we had, along with perfect timing, a bit of luck, and a manager who made the right decisions at the right time. A lot of manager's might have come in, changed too much and ****ed it up, but I personally think that 95% of what won us the league last season was the players. The same team that barely avoided relegation did win the league, so i'm not sure what your point is there. I love Ranieri because of last season, but I don't think he was the reason we won the league, I think he was in the right place at the right time, and he made the right decisions at that time. It takes a lot for something like last season to happen, Ranieri was a part of that. 

I think he deserves time, but there has to be a cut off point. 

1 minute ago, spaghettilegs said:

Don't play FIFA mate. 

I just believe that the main reason we won the league was the bunch of players we had, along with perfect timing, a bit of luck, and a manager who made the right decisions at the right time. A lot of manager's might have come in, changed too much and ****ed it up, but I personally think that 95% of what won us the league last season was the players. The same team that barely avoided relegation did win the league, so i'm not sure what your point is there. I love Ranieri because of last season, but I don't think he was the reason we won the league, I think he was in the right place at the right time, and he made the right decisions at that time. It takes a lot for something like last season to happen, Ranieri was a part of that. 

I think he deserves time, but there has to be a cut off point. 

I respect your reasoning, but i will also respectifully disagree on some points. I think Ranieri was a massive factor in us winning the league, particularly with tremendous man management and game management skills, paricularly man management.

Id say he found a way to inspire what were a bunch of frankly average to not very good players into a team that was achieving absurd success. Without that inspiration, theyd have been slugging it out at the bottom again the next season.

Theres a whole list of theories and reasons as to why this season has gone sour, but the club has in my opinion the best manager it could possibly have, realistically, at this time and to lose him would really be sad.

Nobody of us knows, who was responsible for the signings of 2016.

Walsh or Ranieri?

Now, with Ranieri's man in charge of the recruitment crew, we will know,

who is responsible, if new signings don't work out.

That means, we owe CR, at least, the next transfer window and some

weeks to evaluate the new guys.

Undecided. I will never ever not like the bloke but I am nowhere near convinced he's taking this team forward. Name a single aspect to our game that has improved since that Hull defeat.

There's no obvious alternative though. Get in the bin if you say Pardew. I'll completely lose interest if we appoint that twat.

3 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Patience has worked for us before and it should work for us again. We're in a bad rut and we're not even in the bottom 3, we should be absolutely fine and we've got a last 16 Champions League game to look forward to. Very poor at the moment and some bad decisions being made but it would be very kneejerk and unjustified to sack him because of a poor run following our league victory. If we seriously look like going down it's a different story, but we don't look like relegation candidates for me. 

Serious question. What do relegation candidates look like if not very poor and making bad decisions? The league table doesn't lie.  I want Claudio to turn it around but he needs to make something happen and soon. 

7 hours ago, theessexfox said:

What do relegation candidates look like then? 

Tactically set up wrong, awful decision making at the back, no midfield  (attack types or defensive), no chances being created and poor finishers. And no sign of it changing any time soon

I'd say we look like relegation certs considering we've lost to pretty much all of the teams down there

Archived