Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

Do you want to keep Ranieri as manager?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I voted yes and I think he should leave with his head held high. It would mean a lot to Ranieri who has been sacked from every job he's ever had.

The decision isn't ours, though and I can see the owners pulling the trigger if relegation looks inevitable. Our wage bill is too high and a lot of our players don't have much sell-off value so relegation would be catastrophic.

6 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Unless it gets much worse, you've got to give this season and next to Claudio, he has earnt it.

He had faith in the players who won the league last season and its not working out. So we give him another transfer window or two, where he will not be weighed down by sentiment and loyalty, to flush out the dead wood who cannot replicate last seasons heights.

Remember, his entire managerial career has been spent in the upper reaches of the European leagues and that this is just a blip. We are currently still in the CL with a flicker of hope of going far.

I think people should show a little more respect.

We are playing shit, and it's frustrating because we all think we can play better with a tweak in formation and selection, but Claudio proved his expertise last season and may be waiting on new signings to bolster results and fit into his style of football.

Football changes quickly and in a couple of months time we could easily be mid table, on an FA Cup run and competing in the CL.

Sorry, but far more likely to be well beaten at Everton and out of the FA cup.. 

Embarrassed in the two legs against Sevilla,  who are a top side and who must be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us,  I dread to think what the aggregate score will be over the two legs!!!... 

And if nothing changes,  we will be in a dog fight with Hull,  Swansea and Sunderland for the dreaded drop.. 

This is the much more likely,  realistic January and February to expect I'm afraid! 

Guest Danny Clender

I voted 'yes', but that's the question now, who replaces him?

Mancini's not a bad shout, old connections and all that.

I think get through this season, avoid relegation and see how the land lies at the end.

Claudio will not resign on a low, but avoiding relegation could be a nice platform for him to settle down. 

The Champions League is still his security, but Seville are playing far better than us. 

8 hours ago, Richard said:

Call me naive or whatever but Ranieri has given this club everything. He's eclipsed the achievements of 130 odd years of this club and I don't want my club sacking the world coach of the year 6 months after we pulled off the greatest sporting achievement of recent memory. 

He's done so much for this club and the city of Leicester that frankly it would be an abomination if he were sacked. I can't really articulate how disappointed I'd be if we ever sacked him. Then again I'm a sentimental twat. 

We could've sacked him, appointed allardyce and dug out 40 points this season. But in the process we'd sack the best manager this club has ever had and who has treated everyone with the greatest respect and humility and that doesn't sit right with me and I fully trust him to step down (probably retire) when the times is right but I think we owe it to him to give him that

I do agree with you and not once did I mention sacking him but this season has been filled with strange decisions, poor team selection, wrong substitutions, lacklustre performances, poor transfer performance... and it all comes down to the manager. I've seen nothing to suggest he can get us out of this mess and that's where managers prove themselves - if they can turn it around.  1 win in 9 is not good enough.

Football is ruthless. Ask Chelsea's most successful manager ever, where is he now? Managing Manchester United.

I cannot explain what has happened and I don't think any City fan can quantify the situation we find ourselves in, let's be clear Ranieri is a competent manager he turned a bunch of lower mid table players into premier league champions! Yes that happened; Even I cannot believe it happened I haven't watched the DVD season review yet, I will most likely save that to watch with my future children.

Looking at our team we have one or two that have the quality to play for better or more established teams in this league. The rest of the team hit the jackpot last season and were unlikely to produce the levels of high performance imo.

Are we showing our true level now? Is the motivation and hunger gone now that we have won the league? Ranieri is probably aware that we are underperforming I wasn't expecting us to challenge for the title again no way that was going to happen, but definitely I thought we could establish ourselves as a Top 10 premier league team like the MON dynasty.

Ranieri knows he is underperforming and the players probably do as well. They need to get back to basics, but most importantly show some

hunger and application every team in this league wants to beat us as champions, and we are

giving them a head start each game barring the Manchester City performance.

I think we have become a bit complacent after winning the league and that has bitten us on the arse. But there is still time to rectify our season. Just need to invest in key positions that we should have done in the summer, as soon as we get back to back wins I have forgotten what that feeling is like! the confidence will exude. 

Ranieri is a competent manager lets not forget that. The players need to step us as well. Come on you Foxes.

10 hours ago, Barky said:

I have read it and nobody has said that. 

Lineker last night on MOTD:

'Leicester can't really blame the Champions League anymore can they?'

Wright:

'No they can't. They need to get going or they are in real trouble'

Both quite correct.

As it looks like the board have given funds for new signings, Ranieri will get to at least the end of February to sort it out.

My main concern is that we are signing a young midfielder Ndidi and he's going to be expected to hit the road running that is one big ask.

I really hope that we can get a few others in and get the business done early.

48 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I cannot explain what has happened and I don't think any City fan can quantify the situation we find ourselves in, let's be clear Ranieri is a competent manager he turned a bunch of lower mid table players into premier league champions! Yes that happened; Even I cannot believe it happened I haven't watched the DVD season review yet, I will most likely save that to watch with my future children.

Looking at our team we have one or two that have the quality to play for better or more established teams in this league. The rest of the team hit the jackpot last season and were unlikely to produce the levels of high performance imo.

Are we showing our true level now? Is the motivation and hunger gone now that we have won the league? Ranieri is probably aware that we are underperforming I wasn't expecting us to challenge for the title again no way that was going to happen, but definitely I thought we could establish ourselves as a Top 10 premier league team like the MON dynasty.

Ranieri knows he is underperforming and the players probably do as well. They need to get back to basics, but most importantly show some

hunger and application every team in this league wants to beat us as champions, and we are

giving them a head start each game barring the Manchester City performance.

I think we have become a bit complacent after winning the league and that has bitten us on the arse. But there is still time to rectify our season. Just need to invest in key positions that we should have done in the summer, as soon as we get back to back wins I have forgotten what that feeling is like! the confidence will exude. 

Ranieri is a competent manager lets not forget that. The players need to step us as well. Come on you Foxes.

Was a competent manager  ( past tense )  This was to be the season where we were looking to see what he would do with his own signings and own tactics . Last season was to all intents and purpose a free ride for him. Last seasons success was not down to him.

I'm afraid we are now seeing the real Ranieri.  He's not good enough and the players know it and show it.

Said it before and think my point may have been proved. We haven't got a manager that is suited to a relegation battle. His latest signing is this guy from Belgium who hasnt a clue about the bottom of the PL.

Yet clever Palace act when they see a threat to their situation and bring in the best manager at dealing with relegation battles - Sam Alladyce.

They are one step ahead, not working on emotion while we talk about what happened last year and bury our head in the sand.

Very clever move by Palace, one step ahead.

And to support my point further, looks like Big Sam being linked to a couple of Sunderland players who know how to fight relegation. While our signings Musa, Kap, Mendy clearly aren't. 

Ranieiri is not the man for a relegation battle and would not know a player suited for it. 

You cannot give a manager till the end of a season when all is to late to save our chances of staying in the top flight division it's a results business and no one can take away what CR did last season but when something is broken you either give them time to fix but that's not working is it 1 win in 9 games now and it's not acceptable at any club the fitness has gone from one of the best in the country to shocking lower end championship level, playing the same formation over and over and over again players that deserve there chance are not getting it and yesterday gray was outstanding so what does CR do he takes him off just doesn't make sense, I think he needs to go while we have a chance no let a new manager bolster and build his team in January 

A couple more defeats over the new year and you can imagine the owners considering Hodgson or Hiddinck to steady the ship.Whether it would work I don't know and I really hope Ranieri turns around but it must start over the next couple of games.

We are a  bit too cautious and defensively minded at the moment as some of the substitutions showed .At some point we need to go for it and play with some pace and flare or be less predictable with the formation or we will need another great escape.

54 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Was a competent manager  ( past tense )  This was to be the season where we were looking to see what he would do with his own signings and own tactics . Last season was to all intents and purpose a free ride for him. Last seasons success was not down to him.

I'm afraid we are now seeing the real Ranieri.  He's not good enough and the players know it and show it.

Sorry...was someone else our manager last season?

It does frustrate me how some people seem to think us winning the league last season had nothing to do with CR.

I assume the man simply turned up to work everyday of last season and said nothing and we happened to do the unthinkable? 

CR has been a success at practically all clubs he's been at. He can't be blamed for the dibacal at Greece either...

I really hope Ranieri turns it around I'd  hate to see him sacked or forced to  resign. But I feel this is going to end bad , once the CL ride is over and we find ourselves in the  bottom 3 which could be quite  soon , then I think the atmosphere  at the KP will turn bad and this season I can't  see any  great  escape  happening ,it's a shame but someone will carry the can and it won't be  the players sacked will it .

7 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Serious question. What do relegation candidates look like if not very poor and making bad decisions? The league table doesn't lie.  I want Claudio to turn it around but he needs to make something happen and soon. 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

What do relegation candidates look like then? 

Tactically set up wrong, awful decision making at the back, no midfield  (attack types or defensive), no chances being created and poor finishers. And no sign of it changing any time soon

I'd say we look like relegation certs considering we've lost to pretty much all of the teams down there

Relegation candidates look like they're in the bottom 3 for once. If the league table doesn't lie then we're not going down lol I understand that the way we're performing is getting us dragged into it but we're comfortably better than Hull, Sunderland, Swansea and probably others, and we look like we have a lot more room for improvement than some of the others down there. 

Just now, theessexfox said:

Relegation candidates look like they're in the bottom 3 for once. If the league table doesn't lie then we're not going down lol I understand that the way we're performing is getting us dragged into it but we're comfortably better than Hull, Sunderland, Swansea and probably others, and we look like we have a lot more room for improvement than some of the others down there. 

Is that the same hull and Sunderland that beat us? 

4 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Yeah same teams, Arsenal beat us twice last season but we were comfortably better than them, ie we finished 10 points clear.

Don't see any evidence to suggest we are comfortably better than anyone at the moment, except maybe Swansea. If you don't think we are in a relegation battle then I think you're in for a shock mate 

After Ranieri leading us to the title and performing well in the Champions League I can't understand how some fans can be so short-sighted.

Yes we're bloody woeful in the league at the moment but we've had a lot more injuries and suspensions compared to last season. It will come good and we'll have risen to mid table by the season's end.

Archived