Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

Do you want to keep Ranieri as manager?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I'm sorry but how anyone can defend Claudio after today is beyond me....his substitutions were moronic....we are so blinded by last season that we are failing to see the problem isn't just a blip, it's a serious **** up and as someone so eloquently put it we're sleep walking into the championship, the club needs a wake up call and bloody fast...I shudder to think where we will be in a few years if we were to drop. 

Sacking Ranieri at this juncture would be a terrible mistake. Ranieri epitomizes the miracle of last year. Fans worldwide would see it as an absurdity. It would lessen the impact of that vastly admired achievement as it would prove that Leicester City Football Club is after all just a business like any other top English club. The romantics would no longer be in love. That in itself will be even worse than a relegation, imho.

1 minute ago, MattCan said:

Sacking Ranieri at this juncture would be a terrible mistake. Ranieri epitomizes the miracle of last year. Fans worldwide would see it as an absurdity. It would lessen the impact of that vastly admired achievement as it would prove that Leicester City Football Club is after all just a business like any other top English club. The romantics would no longer be in love. That in itself will be even worse than a relegation, imho.

So you would happily slide back to the championship just to keep Ranieri in a job? Claudio didn't win the title last year the team did....the financial implications of relegation will ruin us....mark my words if (and it looks highly likely) we go down we will plummet into nothing, the money going out of his club is on par with some of the league's giants. You can be sure over half the squad will be gone....

furthermore I couldn't give a shit what other people think, the only thing I give a shit about is my football club, I don't support Ranieri I support Leicester city. If staying in this league means replacing him then so be it. If we lose to West Ham then my patience would have well and truly run out with him.

Guest LCFC_World
1 minute ago, Webbo said:

But it's Claudio's fault we're struggling?

Yeah, we won the league on pearsons  foundations and now Claudio is showing his true colours ....

2 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Yeah, we won the league on pearsons  foundations and now Claudio is showing his true colours ....

That's strange, I remember Pearson's foundations being rock bottom of the league at this stage 2 years ago.

Guest LCFC_World
Just now, Webbo said:

That's strange, I remember Pearson's foundations being rock bottom of the league at this stage 2 years ago.

Difference is our performances weren't too bad (like they are now). It took him time to find the right balance. 

Just now, LCFC_World said:

Difference is our performances weren't too bad (like they are now). It took him time to find the right balance. 

It took him 5 months of being bottom to find the right balance if I remember correctly. That's better than actually winning the league for the only time in our history though I suppose.

Don't normally put owt in here but it's been coming.. afraid to say he has to go. I take no satisfaction in saying that but times up. Once in a life time last season and thank you but clueless now I'm afraid. There is no style of play and pretty much all the signings have been poor. We all have our own opinions and I've been as loyal upto now as possible but times up for me. 

1 minute ago, Callabinho said:

When you take the only link between the attack and midfield off to replace him with another central midfielder, it's hard not to point fingers....

Hang on, you said the team won the league, so how come it isn't the team who are losing it?

People never seem to learn that sacking a manager as soon as they go through a shit run doesn't work. Give him time to sort it out. When he came in he was told to avoid relegation, even to stay on if we did go down. 

I know we spent a lot this summer, but we've had CL and not much luck with suspensions and injuries. We're still a few places outside the relegation zone so he deserves some slack. If we were to fall into it, only then would I start asking questions.

The man won us the premier league ffs. I think our owners are wise enough to give him time.

Having said all that, if they did stupidly sack him, NP should be first on the list.

This is all so ridiculous. There are so many more people to blame before Claudio. Poor recruitment which wasn't his fault, players who are out of form (who will find it again) and the slight distraction of our only ever appearance in the premier tournament in European Football. While he isn't unsackable, we owe him time to turn things around.

You guys who are saying that he needs to go are the same people who are saying it was down to individual brilliance that we won the league. The manager is at fault when we lose but gets no credit for when we win. Please, please stick by Claudio and the lads, these are people who gave you emotions that you will never feel again. 

4 minutes ago, Collo73 said:

None of us want him gone but it's the manner in how we're losing for me. No creativity, no shots on goal etc.. that for me is relegation nailed on. Hopefully over a season there's 3 worse teams 

That's our only hope is that Swansea, Hull and Sunderland continue to be worse than us... Jesus Christ!.. It's come down to hoping that this transpires... We are the current champions of England ffs! 

Remember the great escape a couple of years ago, many were calling for Pearson Out when we were dead and buried last. Imagine if the owners did panic and fire him, we might not have even been in the Premier league this season.

The Owners will stick With Claudio Ranieri because they know he's not a bad manager and from our own experience it only takes a run of  a few wins to turn the whole season around. 

Sacking Ranieri would set one hell of a precedent.

A precedent that a few bad months and youre out of the door. Irrespective that youve already shown youve done a great job?

Are Leicester City really capable of attracting a better manager than one capable of winning the Premier League? and has managed a host of top European Clubs well?

Why is all the blame being pinned onto Ranieri anyway? some of the signings we have made are at least in part down to Steve Walsh. We were looking at Slimani and Musa well before Walsh left. I believe Walsh recommended Kaputska. Even when Walsh was here, he got it badly wrong with Kramaric. But Walsh is so highly revered, he has absolutely no influence?

What about the players? The players who told the manager dont change the formation. We know 4-4-2 and we want to make it work. Yet their levels are 50 or 60% of what they were last season. Do your talking with your feet. Youve said you want to make 4-4-2 work because positionally thats how you feel most comfortable. ****ing start doing it then.

And if the "we won the league on Pearson's foundations" line comes out one more time, i think im going to throw up. Im sick of what is an obviously blatantly wrong statement.

19 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

He's a nice guy.

He did remarkably well with Nigel Pearson's team last season.

However this season he's bought poorly, he's been stubborn with the 442 and his latest tactical ideas have been awful.

Was Kante part of your so-called Nigel Pearson's team?

Archived