Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Michael Keane

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That was my point. He'll leave eventually, but for a bigger club than us. He'll probably play for England one day.

I can see him as a replacement for van dijk at Southampton when he leaves in the summer .

i agree he will end up playing for England 

Guest CityFan 06
25 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Jonny Evans is better

I like him too, very good defender who works well in an organised defensive unit. West Brom aren't as defensive as they used to be, Pulis has added quality going forward hence their current position.  

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

You honestly think that Middlesbrough are on the same level as us? I thought you were joking lol 

I'm not suggesting that we're on the same level as the top, top clubs but we're certainly on the same level as the likes of West Ham, Everton and Southampton and definitely a step up from MIddlesbrough

We're not though. We should be with the title win but I'm not sure we are. This is what's getting us all so frustrated.

I do think we're a bigger pull than Middlesbrough but Gibson is the chairman's son isn't he? I can't see him turning his back on Middlesbrough for us.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're not though. We should be with the title win but I'm not sure we are. This is what's getting us all so frustrated.

I do think we're a bigger pull than Middlesbrough but Gibson is the chairman's son isn't he? I can't see him turning his back on Middlesbrough for us.

Gibson isn't coming here, nor can I see him ever leaving Middlesbrough.

He'll move for a proper big club but while Middlesbrough are in the Premier League he'll stay there.

But to anyone else, we're a much more attractive club.

Similarly to Sigurdsson, Burnley & Middlesbrough would both be insane to sell us their best defenders.

I think the point is... if all three of us went for a player, I'd back us to get them. But are we a big enough pull to get their top player off them when it's likely someone like Liverpool comes in for them?

I'll be genuinely amazed if we sign either and if we do I'll be having money on whichever one we sign's old club to go down.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Similarly to Sigurdsson, Burnley & Middlesbrough would both be insane to sell us their best defenders.

I think the point is... if all three of us went for a player, I'd back us to get them. But are we a big enough pull to get their top player off them when it's likely someone like Liverpool comes in for them?

I'll be genuinely amazed if we sign either and if we do I'll be having money on whichever one we sign's old club to go down.

That's pretty much irrelevant to the discussion. We're not a bigger pull than the likes of Liverpool or Spurs. Weren't in the summer, wouldn't be now even if we were in say 5th or 6th - even if we'd kept up from last season, we'd be an unknown, those sorts of sides are in the hunt for Europe on a consistent basis. What we are though, is bigger than Middlesbrough, and calling us a sideways step from them is laughable. Gibson won't come here, but that's because they're his boyhood club, and owned by a relative, not because it's a sideways move.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I wouldn't say that about Boro. I think they've got enough about them and would be able to sign a decent defender.

But if Burnley lose Keane then relegation is all tied up. Them, Hull and Swansea.

36 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That's pretty much irrelevant to the discussion. We're not a bigger pull than the likes of Liverpool or Spurs. Weren't in the summer, wouldn't be now even if we were in say 5th or 6th - even if we'd kept up from last season, we'd be an unknown, those sorts of sides are in the hunt for Europe on a consistent basis. What we are though, is bigger than Middlesbrough, and calling us a sideways step from them is laughable. Gibson won't come here, but that's because they're his boyhood club, and owned by a relative, not because it's a sideways move.

Delusions of grandeur

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Delusions of grandeur

Think about what you're saying! We're Champions of England and in the last 16 of the Champions League. Middlesbrough are in their best position for about 7 years and it's one point above us.

Were Stoke a bigger pull than Chelsea in the summer? Just because we're going through an awful spell of form (1 win in 9) does not suddenly mean we'll be competing with the likes of Hull, Boro and Swansea for players in January. That reads as big headedness  but it's absolutely true.

I wish Leicester fans weren't so miserable about our fortunes these days. We're in a phenomenal position as a club, the best we've ever been.

10 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Delusions of grandeur

not really delusions of grandeur to think we're bigger than a side with 5 trophies (4 second tier titles, 1 league cup) in 140 odd years. Any one expecting us to be regulars in Europe and on the scale of a Liverpool or Spurs because of last season has is deluded, but thinking that we're a bit bigger than Middlesbrough?

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They've won 2 in their last 8, both coming at home against the two worst sides in the league.

Make that 3 wins out of 10 for Boro on Monday by beating another of the worst sides in the league (I'll add - on current form). :ph34r:

Not sure where else Keane could go? Utd are well stocked in that department, so are Arsenal and Spurs. Not sure he's good enough for a top 4 side anyway (is he a staunch Utd fan? Could rule out City and Liverpool if they did deem him a target). I guess Everton could do with him, but are they that more attractive than us? Bear in mind he's been here before with many of the current squad. I don't think he's that unrealistic. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Think about what you're saying! We're Champions of England and in the last 16 of the Champions League. Middlesbrough are in their best position for about 7 years and it's one point above us.

Were Stoke a bigger pull than Chelsea in the summer? Just because we're going through an awful spell of form (1 win in 9) does not suddenly mean we'll be competing with the likes of Hull, Boro and Swansea for players in January. That reads as big headedness  but it's absolutely true.

I wish Leicester fans weren't so miserable about our fortunes these days. We're in a phenomenal position as a club, the best we've ever been.

They were out of the prem for many less years than us and reached a european final last time they were up. Last year bought us respect but this season's collapse back to type means we'll be seen back in the pack of wannabees.

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

They were out of the prem for many less years than us and reached a european final last time they were up. Last year bought us respect but this season's collapse back to type means we'll be seen back in the pack of wannabees.

Christ.

Would it kill you to enjoy being Champions of England and in the last 16 of the Champions League?

Middlesbrough fans would kill to be in our position.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Amen. 

People always choose to see/fear the worst. 

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Regardless of  who is the bigger club, both us and Middlesbrough aspire to the same thing - a good cup run and hopefully stay up. That's why it's a sideways move.

Archived