Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Michael Keane

Today has certainly proved that we desperately need one or two younger centre halfs, we have the money and should be prepared to spend big and salvage something before it's too late as the Championship is looming for us now.... :(:sweating:

i know I'm stating the obvious but that was bloomin awful today and big Wes just looks all over the place and both full backs were pretty poor as well.... 

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Nobody 'rounded up on anybody' when I post something and somebody says that I'm wrong as a statement of fact I'm entitled to wonder who they are and ask why.

This all really is shit, boring, oversensitive, shambles of a drama. 

If I call you out or have a go - you tend to know about it (there's not a lot of ambiguity in my writing) - I've done no such thing in this instance until perhaps now....

I always value ITK's and have always challenged anybody that had a go at them. But seriously if you can't ask a question without somebody taking offence, then the moral high ground, then dramatically exiting the forum, then hovering over the ITK thread for hours waiting for pleads of adoration, Rep points and don't go statements to then start posting info again once they've had their ego stroked then you need to be a tad thicker skinned if you going to put yourself out there and write   as an ITK.

So @themightyfin I meant no offence wish you well, am grateful for anything you are able to provide foxestalk and am excited for any snippets of info that may come in the future.

Respectfully however I owe you no apology you need to be a little less sensitive.

Sorry i used you post but was a little anti. Swan i know you dont round up. It was just a post i used and people do round up after posts. Sorry i used your post.

4 minutes ago, Moksky said:

As already said, this shipped has sailed. We wouldn't pay the asking price, he wanted to come in the summer. It was a ridiculous decision not to take him.

There was a meltdown in the summer when the £15m price tag was being mentioned. 

9 minutes ago, Moksky said:

Absolutely agree . Thats a reasonable figure in today's market, his stocks risen by 10m since. 

we have no idea how close we are sailing to FFP this year.  However, someone seems to be making some terrible calls on what counts as value for money in this marketplace. Musa seems to be worth about half what we paid for him. mendy too early to tell but doesn't look like a snip at 15m. Slim may settle into a rhythm and prove he's worth 30m but I would say 15 to 20 would be about right. 

5 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

We should pay Burnley whatever they want but it is doubtful the player wants to come here as he is eyeing bigger clubs, could be a long term replacement for John Terry at Chelsea

John Terry has been replaced but i suspect that Keane will go there.

Said this in the summer missing out on this guy cos we were too busy counting the pound notes when we were in the best position ever in the clubs history was a catastrophic mistake.

3 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Imagine if we'd of signed Keane, Silva, Deeney and Barbosa in the summer and didn't pull out of them because we was too tight. Oh what could of been :( 

Displacing 4 members of the side that had just won the league would have been a bit odd though - no? So I don't think that would have happened . 

I dont think most people would have wanted members of the side to leave and were desperate to keep the likes of Vardy Drinky and mahrez at the time . No-one anticipated their sharp decline in form 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we have no idea how close we are sailing to FFP this year.  However, someone seems to be making some terrible calls on what counts as value for money in this marketplace. Musa seems to be worth about half what we paid for him. mendy too early to tell but doesn't look like a snip at 15m. Slim may settle into a rhythm and prove he's worth 30m but I would say 15 to 20 would be about right. 

Our net spend isn't big. It has been worked out by others on here with regards to transfers. However we have to take into consideration the salary increases. We are in the top 20 revenues clubs of 2016. 

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Displacing 4 members of the side that had just won the league would have been a bit odd though - no? So I don't think that would have happened . 

I dont think most people would have wanted members of the side to leave and were desperate to keep the likes of Vardy Drinky and mahrez at the time . No-one anticipated their sharp decline in form 

Keane in for Morgan

Silva for Kante

Deeney for Okazaki

Barbosa instead of Slimani (not necessarily starting every game)

Would have been more than happy

with that.

Missed the boat, start of season coming to Leicester would meant champions league, playing for the league champions and defending the title, our transfer dealings this summer has brought us Mendy, Kaputska, slimani, Musa all came with a heavy price tag but non of them has proven their worth Yet. 5 months later, we 15th in the league, haven't won a single away game....we don't look so attractive now 

24 minutes ago, Moksky said:

Our net spend isn't big. It has been worked out by others on here with regards to transfers. However we have to take into consideration the salary increases. We are in the top 20 revenues clubs of 2016. 

Who is deciding that Keane isn't worth 15/20 m but musa is? I guess Hernandez was already bought so it was decided we didn't need to pay big for extra cover added to which Keane would have wanted to play and claudio probably didn't fancy dropping one of Wes or huth. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

Imagine if we'd of signed Keane, Silva, Deeney and Barbosa in the summer and didn't pull out of them because we was too tight. Oh what could of been :( 

The biggest thing for me would've been getting the old head of recruitment from Tottenham after he left tbh

Archived