Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Michael Keane

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Think about what you're saying! We're Champions of England and in the last 16 of the Champions League. Middlesbrough are in their best position for about 7 years and it's one point above us.

Were Stoke a bigger pull than Chelsea in the summer? Just because we're going through an awful spell of form (1 win in 9) does not suddenly mean we'll be competing with the likes of Hull, Boro and Swansea for players in January. That reads as big headedness  but it's absolutely true.

I wish Leicester fans weren't so miserable about our fortunes these days. We're in a phenomenal position as a club, the best we've ever been.

Spot on

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Regardless of  who is the bigger club, both us and Middlesbrough aspire to the same thing - a good cup run and hopefully stay up. That's why it's a sideways move.

This season maybe, but that's only because we've made a hash of the last four months - beyond the next six months we've got far greater ambitions than Middlesbrough  (or at least the same ambitions- established top half and European contenders - are more realistic).

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Regardless of  who is the bigger club, both us and Middlesbrough aspire to the same thing - a good cup run and hopefully stay up. That's why it's a sideways move.

Jesus i'm glad you don't do the team talks.

We've. Just. Won. The. Bloody. League. And. We're. Into. The. Last. 16. Of. The. Champions. League.

Middlesbrough will never, ever get close to that.

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Jesus i'm glad you don't do the team talks.

We've. Just. Won. The. Bloody. League. And. We're. Into. The. Last. 16. Of. The. Champions. League.

Middlesbrough will never, ever get close to that.

Probably say worse than that in the team talks tbf considering it's 1 win in 9.

I wasn't talking about history though I'm talking about aspirations. The Doctor says top half and Europe is more realistic, ok that's fine and yeah I agree. It's this season that has sapped everything out of me.

Feel we missed the boat in the summer for Keane both price and ambition wise. And I'm not sure he has the fondest of memories from his time here from what I'm lead to believe so we certainly won't be his 1st choice in our current state.

As for Gibson not seen loads of him but hear really good things. But then we all know about hype around young lads we see as our own, stearman, mattock, Moore etc.

And as pointed out the lad is at his home town club with a uncle as chairman I'd suggest it's gonna take a huge offer silly money and a big step up for him to move on.

Boro may not be backed by billionaires but Gibson is ambitious to a point. League cups and Europe are not beyond them although unlikely to be a regular occurance.

Can't believe the amount of spaffing over Keane. He was ok when he played for us but as I remember it, he got shredded on here nearly every week.  Way too much money in my opinion.  Maybe if we could get him for 10m, it would be ok.  

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

Can't believe the amount of spaffing over Keane. He was ok when he played for us but as I remember it, he got shredded on here nearly every week.  Way too much money in my opinion.  Maybe if we could get him for 10m, it would be ok.  

I agree. He's well overpriced. But the market rates him, so he's beyond our budget or common sense I hope.

14 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

So you're 100% convinced he definitely can't have improved in the 100+ games he's since played as a 19 year old for us?

17 minutes ago, Wookie said:

So you're 100% convinced he definitely can't have improved in the 100+ games he's since played as a 19 year old for us?

I didn't say he hadn't improved. Just that people are talking about him like he is the new Maldini. So you think we should pay £25M for him then? 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Someone on bentleys reckons he's ours for the magic "18m" if Burnley sign Brady with Mee moving to the centre. Doesn't exactly fit to Geoffs "hasn't played CB" though 

that comes down to 'who do I believe - Geoff or someone on Bentleys?' 

clearly isn't the same player and he will cost more than 18mill and we wouldn't have failed to agree terms with him

NEXT!

On 29/12/2016 at 20:21, dannythefox said:

Missed the boat with Keane and Gibson could of got either in the summer if we'd of paid the money.

Yes too busy signing a free transfer from Spain who had big interception stats from a team relegated.

Would the fact they were getting battered result in the defence making more tackles and interceptions? 

Its been said said ad Infinitum but what on earth were they doing over the summer.

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that comes down to 'who do I believe - Geoff or someone on Bentleys?' 

clearly isn't the same player and he will cost more than 18mill and we wouldn't have failed to agree terms with him

NEXT!

Bentley's GTFox, who posted this, is usually very reliable.  He works for the Press Association.

The one player linked that really excites me. I always thought we missed a trick when we didn't make his Loan permanent when he was here the first time around. He showed so much potential for an 18/19 year old. He carries on going the way he is, he will be a top top centre back. 

Archived