Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Michael Keane

2 hours ago, Moksky said:

As already said, this shipped has sailed. We wouldn't pay the asking price, he wanted to come in the summer. It was a ridiculous decision not to take him.

Do you min me asking what the asking price was for him?

On 1/21/2017 at 10:47, FLAN said:

Someone on bentleys reckons he's ours for the magic "18m" if Burnley sign Brady with Mee moving to the centre. Doesn't exactly fit to Geoffs "hasn't played CB" though 

I don't know how much yon bloke on Bentley's knows about football, but clearly not enough to know that Mee has played centre back in each of Burnley's last 45 league games.  And if Burnley sign Brady, it will be as a winger/midfielder, not as a left back.

Keane wasn't for sale last summer, he isn't for sale now, he will be for sale this summer (assuming he doesn't decide to stay, which he probably won't), and he hasn't got a sale clause in his contract.  £15m would have some nowhere near buying him last summer, because Burnley had made something like £50m profit in two years, were (and still are) awash with cash, and were hoping and expecting to do better this time round, made much easier by keeping the best players.

And FWIW, if and when Keane does leave, Tarkowski will be his replacement.

7 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I don't know how much yon bloke on Bentley's knows about football, but clearly not enough to know that Mee has played centre back in each of Burnley's last 45 league games.  And if Burnley sign Brady, it will be as a winger/midfielder, not as a left back.

Keane wasn't for sale last summer, he isn't for sale now, he will be for sale this summer (assuming he doesn't decide to stay, which he probably won't), and he hasn't got a sale clause in his contract.  £15m would have some nowhere near buying him last summer, because Burnley had made something like £50m profit in two years, were (and still are) awash with cash, and were hoping and expecting to do better this time round, made much easier by keeping the best players.

And FWIW, if and when Keane does leave, Tarkowski will be his replacement.

You don't need to ask if he's on bentleys! 

And most of us know this is a pointless thread

16 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Keane in for Morgan

Silva for Kante

Deeney for Okazaki

Barbosa instead of Slimani (not necessarily starting every game)

Would have been more than happy

with that.

Barbosa doesn't even get a kick though where he is now does he?

People slate signing players from our leagues, but I'd have been far more comfortable with us doing that. We've split the squad, they used to make a big deal of all the lads hanging around with each other. The likes of Schlupp, De Laet, Nuge, King, Vardy etc all kicked around with each other in Leicester. The groups have probably fragmented off and aren't as social as we were. A small thing granted, but when things aren't going well if you're all mates it helps.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Barbosa doesn't even get a kick though where he is now does he?

People slate signing players from our leagues, but I'd have been far more comfortable with us doing that. We've split the squad, they used to make a big deal of all the lads hanging around with each other. The likes of Schlupp, De Laet, Nuge, King, Vardy etc all kicked around with each other in Leicester. The groups have probably fragmented off and aren't as social as we were. A small thing granted, but when things aren't going well if you're all mates it helps.

Regards Barbosa, I was just replying to someones post about signings.

I probably wouldnt have signed another forward if we'd have signed Deeney in that list.

Definitely agree on the togetherness of the squad.  The days of the superhero outings and the Band of Brothers that Vardy referred to them as look well and truly gone.

Can't see him going in the window but I am sure he will sign for Everton in the Summer. We should have overspent last summer to get players like this, when our stock was still high. Now we are just another relegation struggler again and it will be a lot harder to attract top players. 

Ah well, nothing we can do about it now. Just need to make the best of it, stay up and hope the club does better in the summer, as we will need a completely new defence. 

If he does go to Everton as rumoured I`ll be extremely cheesed off. Its nothing we have done wrong as they wouldnt sell him to us in the summer by they would be complete jackasses to sell him now. Im just surprised we have not been linked to him now he is rumoured to leave them this window. It seems our interest has cooled for some reason.

Archived