Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rmahrez

Ndidi Signed

Man our team next season could be very interesting. If we paid the full price for Ndidi to avoid getting into a bidding war then it shows Claudio means business and wants his priority targets in this window and the next rather than the cluster **** of the summer just gone.

Without the pressure tag of defending champions or European fixtures we could get rid of some dead wood (Ulloa, Schluup, Shinji, James, Wasilewski) and have youth emerging in their place (Kapustka, Muskwe, Barnes, Gray, Chilwell, Amartey, Ndidi).

I think if before next season we can get a couple of quality centre backs, a right back, a winger (to replace Mahrez presumably) and one more striker we would be seriously well equipped. It would be a team 100% shaped to Ranieris philosophy and then we might really see what he can do for us. Much like last season, this season is unprecedented. Ranieri had to show loyalty to players who he probably suspected wouldn't replicate their form again, whilst others cannot motivate themselves for more success - something which Ranieri is not responsible for.

We've just got to avoid losing players like Drinkwater, Kasper, Fuchs and Vardy as they will be the backbone and experience for next season.

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

Without the pressure tag of defending champions or European fixtures we could get rid of some dead wood (Ulloa, Schluup, Shinji, James Wasilewski) and have youth emerging in their place (Kapustka, Muskwe, Barnes, Gray, Chilwell, Amartey, Ndidi).

He left in 2010! Never really fulfilled his potential after some bad injuries as a youngster. Went on to play for various lower level clubs.

And now the assassinating begins:

• He's not as good as Kante
  • He's Crap
  • What a waste of money
  • Can't pass forward
  • Doesn't fit our style of play
  • What was Claudio thinking
  • Sack Claudio............ Where's Pearson
  • We need a good midfielder to link with Drinkwater
  • He's not as good as Kante........................ Yes I know I put it twice

And so on, signed by Alex Mcleish for 78k when he was 16 for Genk, Mcleish got sacked, new guy really thought a lot of him

He got sacked when he bad mouthed the board for selling him to us.

He's 20 give the guy a break and by all accounts he get's on well with Musa

He may not be Kante but he's a much needed acquisition to our midfield..................... But please give him time

16 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

• He's Crap
  • What a waste of money
  • Can't pass forward

And so on, signed by Alex Mcleish for 78k when he was 16 for Genk, Mcleish got sacked, new guy really thought a lot of him

He may not be Kante but he's a much needed acquisition to our midfield..................... But please give him time

This

give him time please 

26 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

This

give him time please 

You mean, he's not going to change the performance of the team by himself in the first game he plays.

OK, will give him til the end of January. Surely integrating into a team can be done in a month, completely. Not like this Slimani guy, taking over 6 months to get an idea of the team and the league.

Sack Ranieri for making bad buys.

There he was just a walking down filbert street singing dooo NDIDI DIDI DUM NDIDI DO

Stopping the ball and scoring with his feet singing dooo NDIDI DID DUM NDIDI DOO

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

• He's Crap
  • What a waste of money
  • Can't pass forward

Again like amartey he's young and needs to be cut some slack, he is going to make mistakes, as we are buying a young unfinished talent, but he was in the top 11 of the europa league stage, so can't be a bad player.

Also the head scout at Man U, who has worked with him before, rates him very highly, so again for me it's clear there is a talent there.

Feeling very positive about this. Hearing nothing but glowing reports on him. Obviously he'll need time to settle in but first signs are good. For me, this signing is key to freeing Drinkwater up into a more similar role to last season, which he has been unable to do without Kante. Ndidi does not need to be immediately on the same level as Kante to do that, just more combative and efficient than King and Amartey (both of whom still have good futures with us), so think he'll go straight into the side.

Welcome Ndidi :scarf:

Guest CityFan 06
35 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Feeling very positive about this. Hearing nothing but glowing reports on him. Obviously he'll need time to settle in but first signs are good. For me, this signing is key to freeing Drinkwater up into a more similar role to last season, which he has been unable to do without Kante. Ndidi does not need to be immediately on the same level as Kante to do that, just more combative and efficient than King and Amartey (both of whom still have good futures with us), so think he'll go straight into the side.

Welcome Ndidi :scarf:

Very much my thoughts. We've got three good defensive midfielders now - Ndidi, Amartey and Mendy. 

The very best teams have great defences. Goals win you games, but a tidy defence wins you titles. These stats tell us the story of the last two years:

2015/2016:

LCFC_Stats_TitleWin.PNG

2016/2017:

LCFC_Stats_2017.PNG

Tackles and interceptions per game massively down, coinciding with the loss of a hugely important midfielder for us. Ndidi has been signed to make up those numbers, let's hope he can!

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The very best teams have great defences. Goals win you games, but a tidy defence wins you titles. These stats tell us the story of the last two years:

2015/2016:

LCFC_Stats_TitleWin.PNG

2016/2017:

LCFC_Stats_2017.PNG

Tackles and interceptions per game massively down Coinciding with the loss of a hugely important midfielder for us. Ndidi has been signed to make up those numbers, let's hope he can!

Love the crayon work. :D

Archived