Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rmahrez

Ndidi Signed

Guest CityFan 06

As @StriderHiryu points out, having a solid and sure defence is the foundation needed at any level. If we're going to contiune to be defensive in games, which we seem to be at the moment, it's fine by me if we get the points needed. We've got enough going forward to score goals as well, so I think if we can manage to be secure defensively, we are going to push on this season.

With the signing of Ndidi, it infers to me we could well be looking at suring things up even further. If Ndidi can cover the defence in a similar fashion to what Kante did, hopefully the defence is going to see the benefits. 

Guest Danny Clender

I will pass judgement until I see how he plays.

The reviews, stats, theory and hype behind the signing are all very positive, I guess that's how it works though. 

I like how we've just signed him i.e there didn't seem to be too much messing about.

I'm very surprised we haven't done the same for a Centre Back yet, all these rumours surrounding CB's don't ring true for me. I think we'll just buy a player rather than play around with rumours, same as we did with Ndidi. 

8 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

And now the assassinating begins:

• He's not as good as Kante
  • He's Crap
  • What a waste of money
  • Can't pass forward
  • Doesn't fit our style of play
  • What was Claudio thinking
  • Sack Claudio............ Where's Pearson
  • We need a good midfielder to link with Drinkwater
  • He's not as good as Kante........................ Yes I know I put it twice

And so on, signed by Alex Mcleish for 78k when he was 16 for Genk, Mcleish got sacked, new guy really thought a lot of him

He got sacked when he bad mouthed the board for selling him to us.

He's 20 give the guy a break and by all accounts he get's on well with Musa

He may not be Kante but he's a much needed acquisition to our midfield..................... But please give him time

Ndidis best friend is Musas granson

If we had kept Joe Dodoo then there is a potential lyric in the making to the sound of Zip-a-de-doo-da Zip-a-de-di  ; but I am not a musician. 

This guy looks good by all accounts and helped Genk get to the Europa Cup knockout stage. Not sure about the age of 20 though. Maybe he could be our new equivalent of Patrick Viera ? ? ?

Looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully at the very least he is able to control the ball and make a forward pass. It seems none of our other midfielders are capable of that. 

I dont think he'll be here for anymore than the end of next season though, he'lol either be shit and sold or amazing and poached. 

59 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

Can he play in the CL?

Yes. We are allowed to have one player who played in the EL play in the CL.

We can only make 3 changes/additions to the squad though. And 21 players in the squad + King + Schlupp. Chilwell and Barnes count as u21s, but Kapi, Ndidi don't.

But in this new brexit world.... i presume the work permit rules for nigerians will remain the same. ... does this guy have enough intl appearences or not? So why is there a snag?

That aside.... it is a risk to bring in any pkayer with no pl experience..... why aren't we chasing schneiderlin?

54 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I will pass judgement until I see how he plays.

The reviews, stats, theory and hype behind the signing are all very positive, I guess that's how it works though. 

I like how we've just signed him i.e there didn't seem to be too much messing about.

I'm very surprised we haven't done the same for a Centre Back yet, all these rumours surrounding CB's don't ring true for me. I think we'll just buy a player rather than play around with rumours, same as we did with Ndidi. 

I'm sorry, but thats just not the Foxestalk way....

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

But in this new brexit world.... i presume the work permit rules for nigerians will remain the same. ... does this guy have enough intl appearences or not? So why is there a snag?

That aside.... it is a risk to bring in any pkayer with no pl experience..... why aren't we chasing schneiderlin?

Linked today with Marseille I believe?

26 million wanted by Utd.

Hed be an superb signing for City IMO.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Linked today with Marseille I believe?

26 million wanted by Utd.

Hed be an superb signing for City IMO.

My mate from Southampton says hes brill.

Last summer we had a geat opp to attact players who wanted pl.   Surely joe allen wouldhave come to us tather than stoke.

This window schneiderlin is the guy who can offer proven pl tallent.  Any bid for a foreignplayer is risk.  Buy him for 20 mill and go to 25

Archived