Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

4th Round FA Cup Draw - Mon 9 Jan @ 7.10pm

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I agree completely, but managers just don't hold the cup in that regard anymore. 

Ranieri is a very good cup manager- he's won the Copa Del Rey and Coppa Italia and I'm sure he'd love nothing more than to add the FA Cup to the list. We'll field a strong side.

46 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Who's having the piss taken out of them if the ones singing it look like inept cretins with no idea about football history though?

Just out of interest, at what point at which a league title was won do those who like it think it's unacceptable to stop singing it - 70, 80s, 90s? Where's your cut off?

lol Does it actually bother you then?

If we sing it to Derby and they sing something about winning it twice then we'll just respond with you weren't even born.

Inept cretins lol It's a chant. Do you get wound up when the oppo sign about being the greatest football team the world has ever seen?

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

lol Does it actually bother you then?

If we sing it to Derby and they sing something about winning it twice then we'll just respond with you weren't even born.

Inept cretins lol It's a chant. Do you get wound up when the oppo sign about being the greatest football team the world has ever seen?

Er, no. But then that's a subjective chant isn't it? Being champions of England is a matter of fact. Singing it's not a great wind-up, it's just thick.

14 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

Or, PREMIER LEAGUE champions, you'll never sing that, it's not rocket science. We could sing that to virtuallly every club, that's the point, but instead we sing champions of England which lots of teams have been more times than is which is why its dumb.

I’m not overly keen on the chant, in any variation, for the simple reason that it’s the kind of song that you sing when you’ve already lost the argument.  If you’re winning the game then I’m sure that there are many other things that could be sung, which would represent much better banter.

It’s the kind of song sung out of desperation when you’re losing the game. It means: “….. we might be losing, but at least we won the league …. Nuh nuh nah nuh nuh …..” kind of thing. I realise that there might be a need for a back catalogue of songs in this situation, but personally I’d prefer something a bit more “in the moment” if we’re actually still in the game.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Er, no. But then that's a subjective chant isn't it? Being champions of England is a matter of fact. Singing it's not a great wind-up, it's just thick.

It's my opinion that most Derby fans will never sing Champions of England again.

It's basic English really. You will never sing that.

If the chant was "Champions of England, you've never sung that" then you'd have a point.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's a matter of fact that we are the Champions of England. Nobody else can currently sing that. It's also a matter of fact that probably the majority of fans of teams like Derby have never been able to sing that due to their age or never will. 

So I don't think there is a need for anyone to get so wound up about it. 

Just now, Viva said:

It's a matter of fact that we are the Champions of England. Nobody else can currently sing that. It's also a matter of fact that probably the majority of fans of teams like Derby have never been able to sing that due to their age or never will. 

So I don't think there is a need for anyone to get so wound up about it. 

That Champions of England chants are fine - the more the merrier - but the "you'll never sing that" to clubs who have a rich history is just embarrassing. Why not just enjoy it instead of trying to turn everything round to the opposition.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Gone for ever now !!  .....    Just have to put up with    "Champions of England ...    You're having a laugh !! "  ?

Well, for 40 years. Until Norwich win it and start singing "Mega League Champions... You'll never sing that!" at our place.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That Champions of England chants are fine - the more the merrier - but the "you'll never sing that" to clubs who have a rich history is just embarrassing. Why not just enjoy it instead of trying to turn everything round to the opposition.

I'm not saying I love the chant, but no need to get all embarrassed singing it to teams like Derby, Wolves, Preston, Blackburn etc who yes all have won things in their past, but likely will not win any leagues again in our lifetime. 

Yes start singing it to Man Utd and it's a bit embarrassing, but not to teams that won't win it again. 

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Gone for ever now !!  .....    Just have to put up with    "Champions of England ...    You're having a laugh !! "  ?

Chelsea will sing "Champions of Europe you'll never sing that" on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's my opinion that most Derby fans will never sing Champions of England again.

If the chant was "Champions of England, you've never sung that" then you'd have a point.

Still, it's all a bit ambiguous for such a supposed great wind-up isn't it?

Can't think of a single set of fans whose teams have won the league who'll think "they've got a point, we're shit and we'll never win the league again" rather than "thick one season wonder small-time cvnts who know nowt about football history, why are they singing that?".

It's not ambiguous whatsoever.

Can't think of a single set of fans whose teams have won the league who'll think "they've got a point, we're shit and we'll never win the league again" rather than "thick one season wonder small-time cvnts who know nowt about football history, why are they singing that?".

So?

Why do you care what other fans think of us?

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What's stupid about thinking that Derby will never be Champions of England again?

Except that's not how anyone in their right mind would take that chant, Leicester supporters included, is it? As I've explained time and time again.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What's stupid about thinking that Derby will never be Champions of England again?

I don't think it's clear enough that it's that which is implied. It wont wind them up, they'll just laugh

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If there were any West Brom fans aged 100+ in the away end, who fondly remember singing their little hearts out as their heroes paraded the trophy round the Hawthorns pitch in May 1920, then they had every right to think that as we sang it at them. But there weren't. None of them had ever sang about being Champions, and they never will. So there's just nothing inaccurate about it.

Simultaneously, beered-up football fans were not watching the game in pubs all across the land (except maybe in West Bromwich) thinking 'what inept cretins, don't they know that Jeff Morris' 37 goals propelled the Baggies to the Old Football League crown in the 1919/20 season'.

99.9% either don't know, don't care, or realise it means fvck all now. Or are sane enough to realise that if you've never sung about something and never will, then 'You'll never sing that' isn't an inaccurate statement.

51 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Im sure, before last season people thought we would never win the league, so never say never. The point is football started when it started, not 1992. History is relevant, otherwise whats the point?

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If there were any West Brom fans aged 100+ in the away end, who fondly remember singing their little hearts out as their heroes paraded the trophy round the Hawthorns pitch in May 1920, then they had every right to think that as we sang it at them. But there weren't. None of them had ever sang about being Champions, and they never will. So there's just nothing inaccurate about it.

Simultaneously, beered-up football fans were not watching the game in pubs all across the land (except maybe in West Bromwich) thinking 'what inept cretins, don't they know that Jeff Morris' 37 goals propelled the Baggies to the Old Football League crown in the 1919/20 season'.

99.9% either don't know, don't care, or realise it means fvck all now. Or are sane enough to realise that if you've never sung about something and never will, then 'You'll never sing that' isn't an inaccurate statement.

99.9% of fans don't know or care if their team has ever won the league?

Archived