Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Chelsea Pre-Match

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Is there a way to counteract Kante? Can we mark him out of the game somehow? 

I think the only way for us to negate him from the game is to not cross the halfway line. Just stay in our half and shoot from there, then he won't have anything to do

Guest CityFan 06

I would be looking at this lineup on Saturday. I feel Albrighton is needed for this one, and Musa deserves a start in a front three. I would actually put Musa as a CF but being as Vardy is back I think he will play out wide, a position he is also comfortable with. 4-3-3 suits Musa in particular I feel. Mendy and Ndidi have both impressed, and those two protecting the back four could be potentially huge for us, because it will allow Drinkwater more creativity going forward and the defence will also see the benefit of it.

As we all know, Chelsea are a top team with some individuals that are of outstanding ability. Against the top four teams it's a fine balance between sitting off (having enough men behind the ball as a unit at all times) and also getting forward enough in the right attacking areas. I'm hoping we are starting to turn a corner in this league campaign, the formation changes have certainly helped and since the start of the year our form has improved. As a result of those formation changes, we have become more resolute & solid as a unit, the extra man in the midfield is the difference.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mendy Ndidi

Drinkwater

Albrighton Vardy Musa

20 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I would be looking at this lineup on Saturday. I feel Albrighton is needed for this one, and Musa deserves a start in a front three. I would actually put Musa as a CF but being as Vardy is back I think he will play out wide, a position he is also comfortable with. 4-3-3 suits Musa in particular I feel. Mendy and Ndidi have both impressed, and those two protecting the back four could be potentially huge for us, because it will allow Drinkwater more creativity going forward and the defence will also see the benefit of it.

As we all know, Chelsea are a top team with some individuals that are of outstanding ability. Against the top four teams it's a fine balance between sitting off (having enough men behind the ball as a unit at all times) and also getting forward enough in the right attacking areas. I'm hoping we are starting to turn a corner in this league campaign, the formation changes have certainly helped and since the start of the year our form has improved. As a result of those formation changes, we have become more resolute & solid as a unit, the extra man in the midfield is the difference.

Schmeichel

Mendy Ndidi

Drinkwater

Albrighton Vardy Musa

Yeah this is what I'd go for 

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol You got me! 

Went on a course a few years ago and some of it stuck, but I'm no expert by any means!!! 

It's very good when applied. Just keep using it until u do it without thinking mate

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Schmeichel

Mendy Ndidi

Drinkwater

Albrighton Vardy Musa

Yeah, me too, good selection.

Not that it really matters, but I'd just tweak a touch by pulling back Albrighton and Musa to make a 4-2-3-1, think it just allows those left and right gaps to be plugged a little. 

Guest CityFan 06
33 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Yeah, me too, good selection.

Not that it really matters, but I'd just tweak a touch by pulling back Albrighton and Musa to make a 4-2-3-1, think it just allows those left and right gaps to be plugged a little. 

Actually yeah. Great shout. 

Of all the games in all the towns in all the prem ....     This is the one I'm least looking forward to.   My only suggestion is to bus in a few hundred of those monks, each armed with a Kante doll, and stick as many pins in it as possible .....     Or get Birch to leg him over on the way out.     COYB !!!!!      :scarf:

9 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Sup guys, Chelsea fan here, looking forward to the match.

I think it will be a tight match, but i think we will end up winning it 2-0 eventually, via 2 goals from Hazard ;)

Spuds done you good and proper.. Don't think you're as good as you believe you are! 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Spuds done you good and proper.. Don't think you're as good as you believe you are! 

So? because they beat us, our 13(!) unbeaten run,in which we´ve beaten Spurs btw, doesnt count anymore?

You guys are good, and i think it will be a good match, i just think we will win, thats all.

2 minutes ago, lucashm said:

So? because they beat us, our 13(!) unbeaten run,in which we´ve beaten Spurs btw, doesnt count anymore?

You guys are good, and i think it will be a good match, i just think we will win, thats all.

Not unreasonable. I'm hoping our new midfield gives you problems.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not unreasonable. I'm hoping our new midfield gives you problems.

I think alot will depend on wow Matic performs, when both he and Kante are on song our midfield becomes ridiculously solid and it makes extremely difficult for the opposition to take control of the game, which could make things difficult for you guys.

How is Ndidi doing for you guys btw?

Just now, lucashm said:

I think alot will depend on wow Matic performs, when both he and Kante are on song our midfield becomes ridiculously solid and it makes extremely difficult for the opposition to take control of the game, which could make things difficult for you guys.

How is Ndidi doing for you guys btw?

He's had one game which most of us didn't see........

2 minutes ago, lucashm said:

it certainly counts in my opinion i can't believe the amount of pundits that are writing Chelsea off just because they lost to spurs 

Ignorant people who are incapable of forming their own opinions, and instead just go along with the hype. The speed in which a team can go from unbeatable to dog shit according to the media in this country is unbelievable, we are still 5 points ahead of everyone else ffs.

3 hours ago, lucashm said:

Ignorant people who are incapable of forming their own opinions, and instead just go along with the hype. The speed in which a team can go from unbeatable to dog shit according to the media in this country is unbelievable, we are still 5 points ahead of everyone else ffs.

Think you've nailed it. After we beat Man city the media billed us up as the title winners we really were, but then after our late defeat at the Emirates we got absolutely lambasted- everyone said we would drop off, after one defeatlol ironically that was the best thing that could've happened to us in hindsight

Archived