Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Chelsea Pre-Match

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't understand how the brain works, so perhaps someone clever could explain how it is that so many people think that Zieler's name has a G in it - it is actually interesting to me, I'm not just being a bore about spelling.

Autocorrect/predictive text on certain phones recognises Ziegler but not Zieler. I also believe Ziegler is a far more common name.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't understand how the brain works, so perhaps someone clever could explain how it is that so many people think that Zieler's name has a G in it - it is actually interesting to me, I'm not just being a bore about spelling.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thanks. But Zigler and the various variants?

In order to help us navigate through the chaos of life, our brains delete, distort and generalise information to simplify things for us. In the case of Zieler, the brain distorts the spelling (because it hasn't learnt it through repetition yet) and selects it's most obvious option instead (which usually includes the 'G' you mention).

My guess is that most people are familiar with the ex German footballer Christian Ziege, and therefore associate Zieler with what they already know and add the G subconsciously. Only through repeatedly writing Zieler in the correct way until it becomes a learnt habit (or slowing down and paying conscious attention to how they spell it), will people start to write it correctly.

And the fact I had to go back over that post several times to check I'd spelled Zieler correctly, reinforces that it's still a new name to me and it's not hard wired in the hippocampus long term memory part of my brain yet.

Or something along those lines...

i think we'll do em. cant wait to see ndidi play. musa on form, vardy back and hungry.. hopefully that ban has given him a bit of time to refresh. ive got the same feeling pre man city match where i thought we would win and put on a bloody good performance.. and that came to fruition. 3-2! 

edit - just read cols post and the same score prediction. must be somethin in it then!

I think there's no chance we win this.  People are billing up the Ndidi vs Kante thing so this is my prediction....

Kante will be superb and Ndidi will be average.

Chelsea will win the game 1-3 or 1-4 reinforcing their title credentials and we'll slip down a couple of places promoting panic and desperation for more signings.

7 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I think there's no chance we win this.  People are billing up the Ndidi vs Kante thing so this is my prediction....

Chelsea will win the game 1-3 or 1-4 reinforcing their title credentials and we'll slip down a couple of places promoting panic and desperation for more signings.

IMG_8760.JPG

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Your a cheerful so and so...

i think recent games has shown that the top 6 are all beatable. We will need to take our chances but this is winnable if we play like we can....similarly not at our best and they will beat us,....handle costa physically and close hazard quick like Spuds did and we have a shout!!

21 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Your a cheerful so and so...

i think recent games has shown that the top 6 are all beatable. We will need to take our chances but this is winnable if we play like we can....similarly not at our best and they will beat us,....handle costa physically and close hazard quick like Spuds did and we have a shout!!

Nothing to do with being cheerful or not.  That's the way I see the game and the aftermath going.  I'll be delighted if all the optimism turns into reality but I cant see it. 

We've had a couple of false dawns already this season and I see this as another.

3 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Think you are right. Reckon we'll be head to head for 70 odd minutes then their attacking quality will tell, almost similar to the game we had a couple years back when they were champions elect

please let's not turn this game into "the Kante show" it's about the Leicester City of now trying to win a game and show that we are worthy Champions. if we get distracted by all the Kante stuff then we have lost already and we need to be fully prepared for this match.

The Premier League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Chelsea this Saturday.

Leicester City host Chelsea on Saturday January 14 for the game at the King Power Stadium and the match carries a 5.30pm kick off.

Referee: Andre Marriner
Linesmen: S Beck and S Ledger
Fourth Official: S Attwell

Match Day referee Marriner has officiated 19 games in 2016/17, returning 71 yellow cards and five red cards.

His highest card count this season was nine yellows and three red cards in the game between Panathinaikos and Ajax in the Europa League.

He took in 35 matches in 2015-16 and in those games, across all competitions and football divisions, he handed out a total of 120 yellow cards and five red cards.

He was most card happy in the match between Swansea and Chelsea in April with a total of nine yellows being shown.

Let`s hope it`s not another repeat and more of our players edge closer to automatic bans.

Read more: http://www.leicester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=475849#ixzz4VXdvzpIC

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

In order to help us navigate through the chaos of life, our brains delete, distort and generalise information to simplify things for us. In the case of Zieler, the brain distorts the spelling (because it hasn't learnt it through repetition yet) and selects it's most obvious option instead (which usually includes the 'G' you mention).

My guess is that most people are familiar with the ex German footballer Christian Ziege, and therefore associate Zieler with what they already know and add the G subconsciously. Only through repeatedly writing Zieler in the correct way until it becomes a learnt habit (or slowing down and paying conscious attention to how they spell it), will people start to write it correctly.

And the fact I had to go back over that post several times to check I'd spelled Zieler correctly, reinforces that it's still a new name to me and it's not hard wired in the hippocampus long term memory part of my brain yet.

Or something along those lines...

Someone knows nlp I believe :-)

6 minutes ago, tyfox said:

Someone knows nlp I believe :-)

lol You got me! 

Went on a course a few years ago and some of it stuck, but I'm no expert by any means!!! 

Archived