Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Okazaki - schalke

Just now, Lako42 said:

We still can't play without him, there is no link between midfield and attack, just a massive gaping hole of nothingness

He started against boro, and offered nothing, came on against chelsea offered nothing, and these are not the only games either.

He is employed as a striker, and offers little or no goal threat.

Wouldnt be upset if he left, and a better replacement was brought in.

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

He started against boro, and offered nothing, came on against chelsea offered nothing, and these are not the only games either.

Rest of the team were making waves?

He's clearly not going to boss games is he, nobody here can deny that if the rest of the team were playing with his application we wouldn't even be having the debate.

3 minutes ago, stevenleic said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that we may get rid of Ulloa and Okazaki and bring in a better replacement in January 

I doubt both will go but Leo yes. Replacing our strikers isn't a top priority, well I hope not considering how shit our defence is.

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Rest of the team were making waves?

He's clearly not going to boss games is he, nobody here can deny that if the rest of the team were playing with his application we wouldn't even be having the debate.

It's not just about application, it helps, but ability and quality is important, and I don't think he has the ability to score enough goals, again which is why he's at the club.

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

It's not just about application, it helps, but ability and quality is important, and I don't think he has the ability to score enough goals, again which is why he's at the club.

Politely disagree.

Last season (including Shinji) and this season have proven that it is all about application. Anything can be achieved when we apply ourselves 100% regardless of supposed ability. Our players are not worse at football this year, but application has declines.

I would also say he isn't in the team to score goals, he is played withdrawn compared to when he was in Germany, where he scored a lot of goals for an average team.

31 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Harsh really when playing in two games there that we had almost no intention of supporting any of our attacking players. Vardy and Mahrez have shown they are capable of goals, but they didn't or wouldn't have done any better due to how we're attacking. Not many players can play well totally isolated, with the midfield three barely venturing away from in front of the defence.

Of course, if there is better available then no player is untouchable. But I don't think constantly shuffling the pack of players and hoping something works is the answer. It's how we're being set up to play, that needs changing.

16 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Politely disagree.

Last season (including Shinji) and this season have proven that it is all about application. Anything can be achieved when we apply ourselves 100% regardless of supposed ability. Our players are not worse at football this year, but application has declines.

I would also say he isn't in the team to score goals, he is played withdrawn compared to when he was in Germany, where he scored a lot of goals for an average team.

Fair play, it's a forum for different views, I don't rate him in the premier league, he may do it in a lesser league, as he's proven.

Like I say we have differing views, and I respect your opinion.

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Harsh really when playing in two games there that we had almost no intention of supporting any of our attacking players. Vardy and Mahrez have shown they are capable of goals, but they didn't or wouldn't have done any better due to how we're attacking. Not many players can play well totally isolated, with the midfield three barely venturing away from in front of the defence.

Of course, if there is better available then no player is untouchable. But I don't think constantly shuffling the pack of players and hoping something works is the answer. It's how we're being set up to play, that needs changing.

For me he's one of our most frustrating players, clearly has the technical ability to play, but is either slipping over, diving, and not a goal threat, but in my opinion, doesn't offer anything other than hard work, is that enough, clearly for some, but not in my opinion.

I think it says it all about our squad balance that he is still our best option 'in the hole', although he's not a number 10 in the traditional sense. Can be good at times but I do think he's over-rated at times.

Said this before but he's a player that a lot of people call to be put back in the side but then when he's in it people are happy for him to be dropped.

I'd sell only if we are replacing appropriately.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'll be the first to go against the grain then, SELL.

There's a lot to be said for selling players who are of a certain age and not automatic first team players especially if the player isn't up for sale which usually means a good offer from the buying club.

We might be playing 4-3-3 /4-5-1 a lot more and Okazaki doesn't fit into that system.

Maybe we bring in Cafu who can play No 10 and wide if need be. 

Okazaki is 30 and mid table table Prem level at best so I'm all for selling and rolling the dice again with another player.

We're worse than that at the moment, and we don't need the money.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

We should have replaced him in the summer but we didn't. I get stick for it all the time here but facts are facts.  He doesn't score, he doesn't assist and his ball retention is woeful.  5 goals and 0 assist as a number 10 in a title winning side is terrible.

If a substantial offer like the Schlupp one came in I'd sell. If not I'd keep him until we address the glaring problems in the squad. . 

But our possession stats were 'terrible for a title winning side', too. 

Don't get suckered in by the stats. We won the league because of our style of play, and that style of play requires a Shinji. He's clever off the ball, creates space, and his link up play is excellent. That doesn't show in the stats.

49 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

What evidence have we seen of this linking play this season? I can only think of Palace at home (who are even worse than us) where he really did provide us with a good link between midfield and attack. When else? 

lol Like in every game he plays? Have you been watching them mate?

You don't have to dig deep, take for example the last game vs Chelsea. He had only 30 mins but he linked up better than Moose in 70

15 minutes ago, esoog said:

Ranieri won't let shinji go! Directors neither. Destroy global brand in Japan for one let alone he's very important to our success 

How can you have a global brand in japan?

It's either in Japan or it's global, surely?

Archived