Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Okazaki - schalke

3 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Yeah he did pretty well against Chelsea I'll give you that. However, most of the time to me he struggles to hold the ball up and loses the ball when in possession regularly. Doesn't create anything. I think you need more from a number 10. If Bojan for example was available, would you choose Shinji over him? 

And i I agree he linked up better than Musa. I've made my feelings on him quite clear. He's useless 

I see it differently. He needs to be played, first and foremost, and given playing time, he will create or score. He needs to form a partnership with the other striker as he did last season with Vardy. Slim or Musa, even Vards this season - everyone is underperforming and has trouble with connecting with teammates. Mahrez shows only glimpses of last seasons form, Gray is promising but a bit too selfish for his own sake, Drinky who was providing amazing assists last season is having a mare after mare recently. I won't even mention Albrighton. It's like no one is able to link, as many folks on here said over and over again, there are quite a lot of games when we can't string two passes together. Okazaki at least tries to do that, and that's already more than most of the team, imo.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have Bojan over Shinji. Bojan, despite his great technical ability always seemed to me a confidence player and I doubt he can work half as hard for the team as Okazaki does (we really need hard workers who can link up like Shinji or in-form Drinky, players who would chase the ball, press, pass, run into positions etc, there's just too many passengers too often in this season's games). More than that, Bojan's also a bit too selfish (we already have Mahrez and Gray that excel in that department) and prone to losing the ball/judgement errors like the recent one vs Chelsea when he basically gifted them 3rd goal:

But I'd still take him if Stoke were offering. Not going to happen I'm afraid, he'll probably want to go to one of top 6 teams and we hardly look like one atm :/

EDIT:

Just wanted to add, I wouldn't cross out Musa yet. It's been only half a season, he didn't play that often, give the lad more time to adjust. Slim doesn't look like world beater either.

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I believe you're unwell 

I believe you have bought Vardy's book and read it in bed

Ulloa and Okazaki is past,so is Vardy,but lets not talk about him

if u want be team who has ambitions and to be a team and not just give revenue,u should have better players then thesee ones up here

there is nobody in team who has ability to create anything called a chance (except Mahrez)

4 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Sell both Okazaki and Ulloa

club needs solid goal scorer forward and none of them is one

p.s. sell vardy too

Did Claudio try to play Slimani and Musa together this season? I can't remember. 

Slim & Moose... Moose & Slim... There's some comedy potential in there :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

I believe you have bought Vardy's book and read it in bed

Ulloa and Okazaki is past,so is Vardy,but lets not talk about him

if u want be team who has ambitions and to be a team and not just give revenue,u should have better players then thesee ones up here

there is nobody in team who has ability to create anything called a chance (except Mahrez)

I can assure you that you are wrong in your belief with 100% certainty. 

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

I want us to try 442 with the title winning team one last time, with Ndidi in for Kante.

If it still doesn't work then let Oka go as we'll have to move to 433 or some other formation which doesn't fit him.

I'm curious to see that too, even if to just write it off once and for all and move on to other systems. The players obviously loved that system but they have to work much harder and press more.

One last time.. for old times sake lol

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I'm curious to see that too, even if to just write it off once and for all and move on to other systems. The players obviously loved that system but they have to work much harder and press more.

Can you imagine the scenes on here if Claudio rolled out 4-4-2 against Southampton away? 

Shinji was a huge part of our title win last season but it seems we have thrown pressing and harrying from the front out of our gameplan now, so his weaknesses are being more exposed.  I really don't understand why there was so much tinkering with things that worked - mainly the work rate, pressing and off the ball running to create space for Vardy and Mahrez.  Much as a i love Shinji (almost as much as @UPinCarolina) it maybe that he doesn't fit our plan.  I really think he is still a squad player and if he wants to go (or if it is the difference between landing and not landing Natasic) then we can let him leave.  

We need an up and down ball playing midfielder, or to go true 433.  I don't think a true #10 works in the Prem, a bit like the league has not allowed Carrick to be a true Regista.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

This!! See my post above (tried to combine but it wouldn't let me... 

19 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Can you imagine the scenes on here if Claudio rolled out 4-4-2 against Southampton away? 

Mahrez is away so we couldn't do it till mid Feb if we wanted as much of the title winning team as possible. 

Man City away maybe :thumbup:

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Shinji was a huge part of our title win last season but it seems we have thrown pressing and harrying from the front out of our gameplan now, so his weaknesses are being more exposed.  I really don't understand why there was so much tinkering with things that worked - mainly the work rate, pressing and off the ball running to create space for Vardy and Mahrez.  Much as a i love Shinji (almost as much as @UPinCarolina) it maybe that he doesn't fit our plan.  I really think he is still a squad player and if he wants to go (or if it is the difference between landing and not landing Natasic) then we can let him leave.  

We need an up and down ball playing midfielder, or to go true 433.  I don't think a true #10 works in the Prem, a bit like the league has not allowed Carrick to be a true Regista.

I'm glad that you recognize that almost no one on FoxesTalk (aside from @kushiro perhaps) loves him more than we do. 

16 hours ago, Nod.E said:

But our possession stats were 'terrible for a title winning side', too. 

Don't get suckered in by the stats. We won the league because of our style of play, and that style of play requires a Shinji. He's clever off the ball, creates space, and his link up play is excellent. That doesn't show in the stats.

We're never going to win the league again in the foreseeable future, so that style of play doesn't require Shinji (at all).

Love the guy to pieces, he's so sympathetic and enthusiastic - you always get the feel he's like the kid in the toy shop whenever he plays.

However, as we are struggling, so is Okazaki. And we were always to part ways at one point or another, it's unlikely he'd retire whilst being at LCFC. One or two seasons back in the Bundesliga, then head back home to Japan. Either directly or via the MLS route, that's it.

On 17/01/2017 at 08:59, Beliall said:

No. He's the most important player we have. Half the reason I think we are doing so badly is that he isn't starting many games.

Besides, just because Shalke are interested doesn't mean its going to happen.

That's simply not true. He's no way near our most important player.

He is best suited to a 4-4-2 but unless N'didi can do what Kante did for us, and the whole team can go back to pressing and working harder, then doubt we will see much of that formation again, which means Okazaki is perhaps not as useful to us as he was last season. Playing a 4-3-3 will leave only room for one striker and Slimani, Vardy and even Ulloa and Musa will be ahead of him for that spot. 

Great at what he does, but he may find his game time seriously restricted, simply because our new style will not suit is best attributes. 

Still think he will stay until the Summer but then be off for sure, as well as Ulloa, unless the 4-4-2 starts working for us again. 

Apart from the glaringly obvious need for a CB, the greatest priority remains, as it has been since last May, to secure an upgrade on the profoundly limited Okazaki.

He's had the odd moment this season, as he had several last, but anyone who watched yesterday's pile of shite knows he isn't good enough to play for us as second striker, no. 10 or as tip of the diamond. I don't suppose we'll ever se him in his (allegedly) best position, ie as sole striker...

On 18/01/2017 at 20:22, the fox said:

If we can get 15M from him then that would be good. Just sell him and get a quality CAM from Germany/france/Netherlands or the Italian league. He doesn't offer a goal scoring outlet nor a playmaking ability

We'd do well to get £15m for him. 

Saddens me to say it, but he was woeful yesterday. He got disposed almost every time and frequently ended up on his arse. He had one decent chance to put a striker through and he scuffed it. He's gone massively backwards. His goal return was always poor, but now his link up play has deserted him as well.

We wouldn't get much for him now. Not unless someone has bizarrely ignored this entire season and buys the Okazaki of yester year.

10 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Saddens me to say it, but he was woeful yesterday. He got disposed almost every time and frequently ended up on his arse. He had one decent chance to put a striker through and he scuffed it. He's gone massively backwards. His goal return was always poor, but now his link up play has deserted him as well.

We wouldn't get much for him now. Not unless someone has bizarrely ignored this entire season and buys the Okazaki of yester year.

If we are going to be fare, we should probably sell at least 8 of the starting team from that game...

Archived