Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Okazaki - schalke

2 hours ago, Koke said:

We should have replaced him in the summer but we didn't. I get stick for it all the time here but facts are facts.  He doesn't score, he doesn't assist and his ball retention is woeful.  5 goals and 0 assist as a number 10 in a title winning side is terrible.

If a substantial offer like the Schlupp one came in I'd sell. If not I'd keep him until we address the glaring problems in the squad. . 

But is he worse than Musa or Slimani?

I agree we should have replaced him but the strikers we've brought in are actually worse. Slimani is a better goalscorer perhaps but his link up play is generally atrocious and that's why Shinji was crucial last season.

The thing is, Okazaki isn't that important to our team this season which I believe is a shame and we are worser for it. But, if he isn't integral then I see no reason to keep him at his age. I'm not as trusting of our management to bring in great replacements but that position that Okazaki plays does need some competition/improving and dependant on his morale and who we have liend up then it wouldn't be as surprising if he was allowed to leave as some might believe. I just wish he was given a run in the team again, alongside Vardy for the next few games at least. See if we can rekindle a bit of magic, let Gray play a free role behind them and they can split and party.

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I agree we should have replaced him but the strikers we've brought in are actually worse. Slimani is a better goalscorer perhaps but his link up play is generally atrocious and that's why Shinji was crucial last season.

Hahaha doesn't Slimani already have about 5 assists for us in the league?

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Shinji suits the position behind the striker more because he can run around, but creates nothing and barely scores, not one assist in 3000+ minutes across 2 seasons for a link-up man is poor. 

Slim may be worse a link-up play, but that isn't his game and never will be - no idea why we played Slim behind Vardy when we bought him for his goals when playing as the main striker. Vardy would struggle as a link-up man as well, same as Musa currently is doing.

Unless we buy someone better, makes no sense to sell but we basically need someone that can run around as much but use the ball and we've got an upgrade pretty much. 

2 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

lol Like in every game he plays? Have you been watching them mate?

You don't have to dig deep, take for example the last game vs Chelsea. He had only 30 mins but he linked up better than Moose in 70

Yeah he did pretty well against Chelsea I'll give you that. However, most of the time to me he struggles to hold the ball up and loses the ball when in possession regularly. Doesn't create anything. I think you need more from a number 10. If Bojan for example was available, would you choose Shinji over him? 

And i I agree he linked up better than Musa. I've made my feelings on him quite clear. He's useless 

Guest CityFan 06

Keep. Okazaki suits our system and his link up play is excellent, when he's not in the team I feel sometimes our attacking play is less fluent. He makes that link between the midfield and forward line, which as a result means our strikers become less isolated. He has actually developed this season and become a better player. His technical ability is good.

He needs to be playing more for us because what he does do can be very important. 

Okazaki is great for us in a 4-4-2 as the secondary striker, but the 4-4-2 has just not been working for us all season. I think we could end up playing with just one striker, Slim and Vards rotating, and then either a front 3 with Mahrez and Gray either side or with a number 10 behind the striker who has creativity and flair, something Okazaki doesn't have. 

Can't fault his work rate or passion, but he is another one of those players who is stuck between two positions, i.e he is not an out and out striker, as he doesn't score enough and he is not a number 10 as he isn't creative or skillful enough. 

I actually don't want to see hm or Ulloa leave, as I don't see Musa as a striker and so we are only left with Slim, Vardy, Ulloa and Okazaki and we will need all 4 over the next 6 months. There is also no doubt that he does have his uses in certain systems and we may need to go back to a 4-4-2 if our experimenting at the moment, can't find a new system that works better. 

7 hours ago, Koke said:

We should have replaced him in the summer but we didn't. I get stick for it all the time here but facts are facts.  He doesn't score, he doesn't assist and his ball retention is woeful.  5 goals and 0 assist as a number 10 in a title winning side is terrible.

If a substantial offer like the Schlupp one came in I'd sell. If not I'd keep him until we address the glaring problems in the squad. . 

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh these posts make me so angry!!!! If shinji wasn't in our team last year we wouldn't have won the league. Simple.

The problem with your facts about scoring is that the ones you have chosen to support your argument are irrelevant.The only FACT that should matter to you is that he was highly influential last year and HE HAS A PREMIER LEAGUE WINNERS MEDAL WITH OUR CLUB! 

He is not in the team to score goals. He is in the team to restrict the other team from playing, which he does better than ANY of our strikers/midfielders do.

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We need someone in the number 10 spot, who can load to bullets for Vardy or Slim to fire. Love Oki for he workrate, but he offers so little creativity.

We need someone in the No 10 roll that can score as well.

11 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh these posts make me so angry!!!! If shinji wasn't in our team last year we wouldn't have won the league. Simple.

The problem with your facts about scoring is that the ones you have chosen to support your argument are irrelevant.The only FACT that should matter to you is that he was highly influential last year and HE HAS A PREMIER LEAGUE WINNERS MEDAL WITH OUR CLUB! 

He is not in the team to score goals. He is in the team to restrict the other team from playing, which he does better than ANY of our strikers/midfielders do.

He's a number 10. I expect my number 10s to do be a link between midfield and attack  + to either be creative or assist or score. He doesn't do any of those. He's barely on his feet to retain possession. 

Last season is last season and he contributed in his own way to our success. We needed to upgrade on him last summer but didn't. That's a failure on Ranieri's part. 

He's now 30 and a squad player. If we can get decent money for him or use him as a swap deal for Nastasić then we should do it. Okazaki is forever a hero at this club and will be fondly remembered but we should be moving on.

Archived