Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

His performances in the second half of last season showed promise and gave us hope, particularly after the threadbare MF of the early part of the season.

He had a low threshold to achieve form that was better than what had gone before. Of his colleagues even DD appeared lacklustre towards the end of the season.

His performances were mature for one of his age. Given that age some inconsistencies were were to be expected. He does need an experienced partner talking to and encouraging him. Iborra has that nous and will,hopefully,get games sooner rather than later. Once the Silva fiasco is resolved he will be another. Wild remains a good,exciting prospect.

54 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Why are we criticising Wilf for not being the finished product?? He's one of the best midfielders of his age IN THE WORLD. He won't be at LCFC in his prime years be sure of that!

He really isn't. 

His passing is woeful and his positioning and awareness is often a joke, that's the reason he won't play for a top club.

48 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

He's struggled without a reliable player beside him. As much as I admire King he's too limited to offer much assistance to him.

Should the Silva transfer be wrapped up soon I'd be confident Wilf will be back to his old (young) self.

This he's just getting no real support and trying to cover to much . Kid doing good in the circumstances .

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

He's twenty years old and has played loads of games in the last year or so. Plus he's doing the job of 2/3 men on his own in our midfield.

Definitely give him a rest on Tuesday and pray that Silva/Iborra or both can give him more support in the future. 

Don't be so bloody reasonable.

54 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ahhh another thread full of posters bashing another one of our young talents. Brilliant!

we don't deserve players like Wilf, Gray and Chilwell

Are we supposed to say they are playing brilliant then even when they are crap just because they are young?

The statistic Hackneyfox posted is unreal, Ndidi has a pass completion ratio of around 65% - that's so so bad, if King had that fans would be criticising rather than defending him.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Are we supposed to say they are playing brilliant then even when they are crap just because they are young?

The statistic Hackneyfox posted is unreal, Ndidi has a pass completion ratio of around 65% - that's so so bad, if King had that fans would be criticising rather than defending him.

No but some of the criticism and scapegoating is frankly disgusting,but I guess that's part and parcel of football and being part of a very fickle Leicester city fanbase 

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

No but I've seen people saying he's shit. You can say he's playing shit at the moment but writing off young players is stupid. He has loads to learn but for a 20 year old I'm really excited to see how he develops

I think he'll be a top central midfielder.

The poor sod can't know what's hit him I suspect. 

He's just playing in a bang average team and will be off at some point imo if we keep exploiting him like this AND especially if he becomes a scapegoat.

He needs to be developed not relied upon as our ever present CM. 

It's a ridiculous situation.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

He's just playing in a bang average team and will be off at some point imo if we keep exploiting him like this AND especially if he becomes a scapegoat.

Well said sir

Our Wilf is a gem. Many very talented and experienced central midfield pairings struggle against a decent midfield 3. Now look at N'Didi, no real 'partner' at present and whoever does partner him isn't good enough to operate in a pair. We've faced Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea so far, no wonder he's struggled! Once the team settles with Iborra, Silva or even James... he'll be fine. I'd like to think him and Silva can manage in a two, or hopefully we'll deploy a three with N'Didi, Silva and James/Iborra. I don't think there's going to be much in it between Iborra and James to be honest. 

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Col, just imagine him and Cattermole tearing it up at the KP! :ph34r: 

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :P

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely Col, he's a just a young lad and a very talented and keen one at that. He added that bit of bite and urgency when we were in trouble last year and adapted to the pace of our game extremely well. He's being asked to do too much this year in a midfield 2 but still gives of his best.

I don't know what tactics the future holds but in a midfield 3 with the experienced Silva and Iborra guiding him he's a brilliant prospect!

I'm ashamed that this thread even exists in its current context

posters should not be having to defend wilf - the only people that should have fingers pointed at them is the club for allowing a 20year old kid who hasn't even been in the country for a year to take the strain of being the main man in a two v three premier league midfield, week after week. Drinky looked after him. It's embarrassing now and silva would not have been fit thus far anyway. we should have been set up as a three whilst we sorted the various injury issues out. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I'm ashamed that this thread even exists in its current context

posters should not be having to defend wilf - the only people that should have fingers pointed at them is the club for allowing a 20year old kid who hasn't even been in the country for a year to take the strain of being the main man in a two v three premier league midfield, week after week. Drinky looked after him. It's embarrassing now and silva would not have been fit thus far anyway. we should have been set up as a three whilst we sorted the various injury issues out. 

:thumbup:

22 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Why are we criticising Wilf for not being the finished product?? He's one of the best midfielders of his age IN THE WORLD. He won't be at LCFC in his prime years be sure of that!

He really isn't one of the best in the world at his age.... he's okay and that's about it. He's a slightly better version of Amartey, who looks a bit busier. Only three years older Bakayogo is, blokes an animal.

Archived