Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Should Ranieri Stay or go?

Ranieri confidence poll post millwall pre sevilla  

436 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ranieri Stay or go?

• Sack him
    • Keep him

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Who is voting keep him lol

He has no idea. I said after Sunderland away he looks incapable of getting us out of this mess and was told "home form will keep us up". Yeah right, we are shit.

It is an embarrassment. 

Everything he does is consistently wrong. Yet again yesterday he took our best players off (Kapuskta and Gray). 

Sack him.

My heads still spinning from that , because you just know it's not to save them for a start in the Seville game

59 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Certainly a moral dilemma for Claudio. If he gets sacked, it will be due to bad results, which I'm sure will feel embarrassing on his part, but he would be in the esteemed company of Mourinho and Mancini who both lost their jobs following a title win. Should he resign, with 13 games left to go it could easily be seen as abandoning a sinking ship, which doesn't particularly do him much justice, especially given that our owners have given him stay until the end of the season. Basically, it would seem as though he hasn't got the capability to save a team (even if, in this instance, it genuinely looks like he doesn't). So in both cases his exit would be undignified and certainly won't appeal to him. As fans, the only issue with this is that his stubbornness could well lead to our relegation and him losing his job anyway, which is perhaps even more undignified than the other options. 

I'd happily forgive him abandoning the "sinking ship" due to unacceptable pressure or any other excuse...even if we go down which seems highly likely. Our rebuild needs to start asap. And, no, I'm not convinced our title winners have all become hopeless at the same time. But they might all have become unhappy, unsure or unsettled in different ways.

What I don't believe is that Ranieri's the manager we need or want in any case. I'm happy to credit him with the title he won but since then he's squandered the best opportunity imaginable to establish our club up there with the elite or at least in a position to contend. How long it will take to fashion another such chance depends on our owners and an altogether better approach in the future.  .      

7 hours ago, easilee said:

It is unthinkable.

Why would these same players from last season change so much?

1. They have all fallen out with the manager

2. they are much crapper than we gave them credit for........ but they still became champions though!?
3.They have achieved the ultimate in English football and as a result, are just chillin'.

Whatever the reason it is NOT the manager.

But he does control team set ups, tactics and substitutions. Did the players ask for the substitutions yesterday or was it Ranieri. The players are a bunch of overpaid parasites at the moment, yes. But absolving ranieri of all criticism and blame is reckless. He is paid to ensure situations such as this do not occur. It has, he's lost control and has done many times before. 

Sorry but he has to go. Even in the heady days last season I used to try and put myself in the dressing room and imagine trying to understand what he wanted tactically so poor was his English in admittedly comical press conferences . But we were winning so I laughed it off. Now however good instruction is essential and he appears to have marginalised Shakey so here we are a laughing stock.

Survival now would be more incredible than last season, no doubt about it, much more.

36 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I get the clash in my head whenever I read this subject title

Thought it was the kinks for some reason

Jup, cant stop singing the bloody thing.

Annoying My wife who answers loudly....carry on dear, and one of us will be pushed out of the door.

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

So if you are the owners what do you do ?  It is clear that Ranieri cannot stop the rot and if they stick with him we are going down. If we go down will they still keep him as manager ?  I suspect not , and even if we manage somehow to stay up I'm sure he won't be our manager next season.

They are exceptional business men and fully understand the financial impact on this club if we are relegated, So it baffled me when they came out and gave Ranieri there complete backing. If we lose against Liverpool ( highly likely ) and again against Hull ( more than likely ) What on earth can they then do ? Go Back on what they said ?  Not likely given their moral codes. So it would appear we are stuck with him until at least the end of the season , and I'm afraid that to me means religation.

I should imagine they were trying to steady the ship but it won't work, the managers body language, Kasper and Danny's recent awkward and evasive interviews suggesting disharmony in the camp, CR not liaising so much with Shakey in the dug out and the all important disasters on the pitch will be his downfall.

As you have said they are business men at the end of the day and I very much doubt they will even consider letting us crash into the Championship, lose against Pool and Hull and I believe that will be his lot.

He will be gone, sooner rather than later.

We will get beaten against Sevilla and Liverpool, by which time, we will be in the bottom three.

Game against Hull will decide matters. Lose or draw that one and his position becomes untenable.

After that it will be all about building for the future and damage limitation. 

Would not be surprised if the owners brought Pearson back. They will take the pragmatic view. Pearson knows how to lay down solid foundations. That is going to be absolutely vital if we get relegated.

There are so many factors for the slump including recruitment,Vardy and Mahrez being known quantities now and finally the hangover from last year.Claudio has tried but changes seem to be making things worse although they worked last year when less needed to be done.

We are now seeing Claudio turn on  his players and these are the ones that have been largely overlooked this season and are then expected to come into form on a hiding to nothing at Millwall. I wonder if any of these players were really in line for a recall despite Ranieri saying he would not rely on previous form or loyalty last week and make changes. Surely Ranieri would have paired for example  Benny or Mendy  up with a first team regular in defence or midfield to see if it is realistic. How much has playing a weakened side helped morale which is already rock bottom and does anyone really believe we will beat Sevilla whatever team we played yesterday?

Really worried that there is simply no plan B and just have to hope that the title winning side somehow spring into form. 

1 minute ago, Edingleyfox said:

There are so many factors for the slump including recruitment,Vardy and Mahrez being known quantities now and finally the hangover from last year.Claudio has tried but changes seem to be making things worse although they worked last year when less needed to be done.

We are now seeing Claudio turn on  his players and these are the ones that have been largely overlooked this season and are then expected to come into form on a hiding to nothing at Millwall. I wonder if any of these players were really in line for a recall despite Ranieri saying he would not rely on previous form or loyalty last week and make changes. Surely Ranieri would have paired for example  Benny or Mendy  up with a first team regular in defence or midfield to see if it is realistic. How much has playing a weakened side helped morale which is already rock bottom and does anyone really believe we will beat Sevilla whatever team we played yesterday?

Really worried that there is simply no plan B and just have to hope that the title winning side somehow spring into form. 

Agree. Unlike the rest of us posting here, CR sees the players day in, day out, so if he had better options he would have used them. Don't think there's a plan B and I don't see the title winning team springing into form. Sorry to sound so pessimistic but the reality of the situation is that collectively and individually our players are not what they were last season. I think the manager can  only do so much. He's tried different tactics and I'm sure he'll try different players too. But I don't think it will arrest our slide. 

(I hope, BTW, I am completely wrong.)

6 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Sevilla, Liverpool, Hull. 

He has those 3 games for me. I've tried and tried to give him until the end of the season, but there's no argument I can give now.

I feel so sad for him now, he played the team we pretty much wanted, yet still it didn't work. 

The blame game has ran out of options and wherever it turns, it will always end with Ranieri now. 

He won't get to Hull, be gone after Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, Ian S said:

He won't get to Hull, be gone after Liverpool.

If we get a tanking from Liverpool it will be interesting to see and hear the reaction from our fans. Will they turn on him and the players with boos or start streaming out ten minutes before the end ?

Anyone saying 'sack him' has to put forward a viable alternative

pearson is not viable

Those in a job they won't leave are not viable

i think shakey and stowell with their experience of two seasons ago are the only option.  IF the owners don't believe there is any breakdown between shakey and Claudio then they won't see any logic in sacking Claudio and putting shakey in charge. Seems to have got very political. If Claudio stays it probably means there is no rift. 

I never called for Pearson's head two years ago because no one could put forward a replacement who was a better option. Even after Dull at home when I resigned myself to relegation I didn't want the manager removed because I knew he would be able to bring us back again. 

I think i will hang on until after the two most important games of our season thus far - this Wednesday and hull at home. Anyone wanting to make their decision should have irrefutable evidence by then. 

Thus far the champions league campaign has defined the season. It may well continue to do so in a positive fashion, despite that seeming incredible. 

14 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If we get a tanking from Liverpool it will be interesting to see and hear the reaction from our fans. Will they turn on him and the players with boos or start streaming out ten minutes before the end ?

Think both, fair to say even the most mild of us have now run out of patience.

Just packing for Seville , and got my Ranieri t shirt out,don't think it's going to make the hand luggage, seems hypocritical to want him out and support him.

What a total f*** up we have made of this.Not sure what to sing in Seville,I can barely sing anything relating to champions of England with any gusto and as for the Ranieri songs! .Not sure it leaves much in the song book.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

pearson is not viable

i think shakey and stowell with their experience of two seasons ago are the only option.  IF the owners don't believe there is any breakdown between shakey and Claudio then they won't see any logic in sacking Claudio and putting shakey in charge. Seems to have got very political. If Claudio stays it probably means there is no rift. 

I never called for Pearson's head two years ago because no one could put forward a replacement who was a better option. Even after Dull at home when I resigned myself to relegation I didn't want the manager removed because I knew he would be able to bring us back again. 

I think i will hang on until after the two most important games of our season thus far - this Wednesday and hull at home. Anyone wanting to make their decision should have irrefutable evidence by then. 

Thus far the champions league campaign has defined the season. It may well continue to do so in a positive fashion, despite that seeming incredible. 

Anyone saying he should stay should wake up and look at whats happened.Swansea Hull did they say this before getting new managers and improving? Anyone anyone at all over Ranieri cause its literally impossible to do worse than him,i thought ostriches buried their heads in sand not in Ranieris anus.

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

pearson is not viable

Why is Pearson not viable? Because he was sacked?

The owners will do anything to keep us up. Even if it means bringing back NP.

3 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

Why is Pearson not viable? Because he was sacked?

The owners will do anything to keep us up. Even if it means bringing back NP.

You think Pearson has so little pride? Seriously?

the owners wouldn't have him back and I don't believe Pearson would work for them.

as for Swansea and hull, if anyone know of a silva who is avialble now or a clement then let's hear about them. a new manager still has the problem of motivating this bunch of pros who did it all last year and can no longer  get themselves up for a Domesic fixture. Wednesday will tell us if the same is true of the CL. 

Thing is the interview after, talk of keep a clean sheet and we'll play better at the KP. Pitch was bad here etc. What type of mentality does that install, this was league 1 Millwall, it should have been, let's get out and destroy them, let's send a message "we are the reigning champions" no wonder they seem to not give a toss!.

Has to go or sadly we will go down!! :(

Archived