Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Should Ranieri Stay or go?

Ranieri confidence poll post millwall pre sevilla  

436 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ranieri Stay or go?

• Sack him
    • Keep him

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone saying 'sack him' has to put forward a viable alternative

pearson is not viable

Those in a job they won't leave are not viable

i think shakey and stowell with their experience of two seasons ago are the only option.  IF the owners don't believe there is any breakdown between shakey and Claudio then they won't see any logic in sacking Claudio and putting shakey in charge. Seems to have got very political. If Claudio stays it probably means there is no rift. 

I never called for Pearson's head two years ago because no one could put forward a replacement who was a better option. Even after Dull at home when I resigned myself to relegation I didn't want the manager removed because I knew he would be able to bring us back again. 

I think i will hang on until after the two most important games of our season thus far - this Wednesday and hull at home. Anyone wanting to make their decision should have irrefutable evidence by then. 

Thus far the champions league campaign has defined the season. It may well continue to do so in a positive fashion, despite that seeming incredible. 

The viable alternative argument really does not hold water.

1. Who could actually do worse?

2.What is a viable alternative?, I laughed when Clement got the Swansea job and thought that's them down,similar to the Hull Manager who came out of left field.If both of them were still available would they make any of our lists as a viable alternative, I think we know the answer.

3. Does anyone,literally anyone think Ranieri will keep us up, where is this miraculous change of form going to come from.I have kept the faith but the last few games where we are deteriorating even further when I thought it was not possible show this is going one way.We have 1 card left to play and it is obvious what it is.

I would  add that I like to think I am not a knee jerk supporter,I stuck with Pearson and never at any stage wanted him sacked although it worked out rather well when he was,however this feels very different and meltdown hardly covers the extent of our demise.

How can you have irrefutable evidence,please explain.

6 hours ago, Thracian said:

I'd happily forgive him abandoning the "sinking ship" due to unacceptable pressure or any other excuse...even if we go down which seems highly likely. Our rebuild needs to start asap. And, no, I'm not convinced our title winners have all become hopeless at the same time. But they might all have become unhappy, unsure or unsettled in different ways.

What I don't believe is that Ranieri's the manager we need or want in any case. I'm happy to credit him with the title he won but since then he's squandered the best opportunity imaginable to establish our club up there with the elite or at least in a position to contend. How long it will take to fashion another such chance depends on our owners and an altogether better approach in the future.  .      

Had we won the title under O'Neill back in the late 90s then he definitely wouldn't have followed it up like this the season after I'm sure and would have indeed strengthened our team - not said to the likes of Kante "well if you want to go, then go....!" as Ranieri did at the end of last season. O'Neill would have fought tooth and nail to keep a player that important to us you sense. Indeed when O'Neill left for Celtic he left us in a good state before it was dismantled by Peter Taylor of course. It's debatable whether Ranieri has gradually done the same to Pearson's team this season - it's a strange one. On reflection Kante has been a huge loss, there's no getting away from that and we've been unable to replace him but there's definitely more to this wretched season than Kante's absence!

Why is getting rid any more important today than yesterday morning - now if he plays Zieler, Chilwell, King, Musa or Mendy (at the moment) against Seville or Liverpool then I might start to think he has gone mad but we didn't want to win yesterday, never looked like we were going to and the aforementioned players are now strictly reserve/squad filler class. Kapustka/Wague/Benny/Gray all look capable of playing a part in the run in though. This season will now be defined by staying up, much as Chelsea's was last year - it's an awful run but we have been on worse - keep him until the end of the season I say and get behind the team so we stay up - it's all we have

7 minutes ago, Guy said:

Had we won the title under O'Neill back in the late 90s then he definitely wouldn't have followed it up like this the season after I'm sure and would have indeed strengthened our team - not said to the likes of Kante "well if you want to go, then go....!" as Ranieri did at the end of last season. O'Neill would have fought tooth and nail to keep a player that important to us you sense. Indeed when O'Neill left for Celtic he left us in a good state before it was dismantled by Peter Taylor of course. It's debatable whether Ranieri has gradually done the same to Pearson's team this season - it's a strange one. On reflection Kante has been a huge loss, there's no getting away from that and we've been unable to replace him but there's definitely more to this wretched season than Kante's absence!

Ranieri, did fight tooth and nail to keep Kante but Kante wanted to go and had a release clause . You can blame CR for a lot this season but you cant blame him for that one. He fought tooth and nail to keep Vardy and Mahrez and people are questioning that too. How was he to know that those two would turn from Champs to chumps in the space of 2 months?

seeing other clubs "fans" saying we should keep CR, since we are in the last 16 of the CL and arent  in the bottom 3, got a better squad than teams around us, taking in mind we've only won a few  games against the teams around us Swansea (H) and Palace (H).

clearly they dont have any sort of brain cells imo

On 2/19/2017 at 03:11, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It is the players fault 

they are playing badly

a manager doesn't instruct them to play badly

the players deserve their fair share of the blame

They're getting more than their share of the blame. Two things Ranieri is in absolute control of are line-up and substitutions and they were pathetic on Saturday.

Take "Millwall" out and insert any other club and it's basically the sane template. You could find those exact words after every defeat since September. I understand his English is limited but it's boring to hear.

"I think this defeat could be good for us because when you lose a against a team who is there and fights, you have to say 'ah, well done, but why did we lose? We lost for this, this, this'," said Ranieri. "Then we can take what Millwall showed and we can take that for us."

"I want to speak with them and say 'hey, now we have to fight every match. Who wants to fight? Tell me, because I need soldiers.'

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone saying 'sack him' has to put forward a viable alternative

pearson is not viable

Those in a job they won't leave are not viable

i think shakey and stowell with their experience of two seasons ago are the only option.  IF the owners don't believe there is any breakdown between shakey and Claudio then they won't see any logic in sacking Claudio and putting shakey in charge. Seems to have got very political. If Claudio stays it probably means there is no rift. 

I never called for Pearson's head two years ago because no one could put forward a replacement who was a better option. Even after Dull at home when I resigned myself to relegation I didn't want the manager removed because I knew he would be able to bring us back again. 

I think i will hang on until after the two most important games of our season thus far - this Wednesday and hull at home. Anyone wanting to make their decision should have irrefutable evidence by then. 

Thus far the champions league campaign has defined the season. It may well continue to do so in a positive fashion, despite that seeming incredible. 

No, they don't. It's like you're shifting the burden of proof. We might as well not have a manager at all at the moment. That's how bad we are. We're getting the same results as we would if there was a mannequin on the touchline.

Anyone with some man-management or motivational skills would do a better job. Anyone with some ideas would do better. Just the change in itself would be a big breath of fresh air.

I can't remember if I was calling for Pearson to be sacked 2 years ago. I doubt it. I think, like you, I thought we were relegated, but that we already had the ideal manager to get us challenging for promotion again. Can you, or anyone, honestly say that they can see Ranieri being a good manager for us in the Championship? I can't. I can only see us sliding as long as he's here.

I think it's odd that people are still giving him another game or two to convince them. I think it's already too late. It's too much to ask a new manager to save us at this point. The club is in freefall, and there aren't many games left to turn a hoofball team with no confidence into a competitive PL team.

We play the reserves v Millwall because of Champions League we won't win either game so what's the point. We had a good chance to get to Wembley again got beat by a league 1 team. Had 5 wins in 25. Crap tactics, crap subs, crap team spirt, shocking recruitment. Yes he needs to go.

the team isn't miraculously going to get better with him in charge and we need to do everything possible to save ourselves. the players need to get galvanised for the relegation battle and each player needs to be up for it. Claudio is the manager and the buck stops with him

Thing is, there really aren't many great realistic options out there. I don't care what people say, Pearson will never return.

I think first and foremost the players deserve the majority of the criticism. Claudio isn't helping himself at the moment though with his bizarre team selections and substitutions.

Obviously would love Mancini but can't see him wanting to join us. And think Bielsa has just agreed to be Lille manager. The only viable option right now would be to give it to Shakey until the end of the season but can't see the owners doing that so just got to get behind him and the team!

52 minutes ago, shiv said:

Thing is, there really aren't many great realistic options out there. I don't care what people say, Pearson will never return.

I think first and foremost the players deserve the majority of the criticism. Claudio isn't helping himself at the moment though with his bizarre team selections and substitutions.

Obviously would love Mancini but can't see him wanting to join us. And think Bielsa has just agreed to be Lille manager. The only viable option right now would be to give it to Shakey until the end of the season but can't see the owners doing that so just got to get behind him and the team!

I believe Brenden Rogers would keep us up but. I doubt he would come. The club however need to act now 

19 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

seeing other clubs "fans" saying we should keep CR, since we are in the last 16 of the CL and arent  in the bottom 3, got a better squad than teams around us, taking in mind we've only won a few  games against the teams around us Swansea (H) and Palace (H).

clearly they dont have any sort of brain cells imo

Or maybe they're thinking outside the box? We're in a better position to stay up than last time we were in this position ie not in relegation zone, more points, more games left and arguably better players and for me a far better manager albeit he has to shoulder some of the blame I admit. I really don't buy this we were just unlucky under Pearson myth. We were crap and mainly due to his poor poor tactics. I think most people now realise how we got out of that one and it certainly wasn't by the players blindly following and trusting Pearson. The irony on here is those same supporters that called for Ranieri to dump 442 and change players were the same to argue the opposite when he tried tinkering and it didn't work, possibly siting one or two player selection choices as the reason. Far more important to some of these individuals to be seen to be right than their own team to win sometimes. Sheer logic dictates that any manager couldn't play the multitude of different players and formations suggested on here and therefore if their own team wasn't picked, it must be the manager that's wrong and never them.

As well as Ranieri, there have been many reasons why this has occurred many of which have been done to death. Opposition fans judge on sentiment a bit just as some on here judge with panic in their eyes. Opposition also judge by the teams they see in comparison to their own and oppositions they have played. Strangely,  mixing with many Millwall fans in their club bar afterwards, they felt our side was head and shoulders above the sides they'd beaten in Bournemouth and Watford. They believed themselves fortunste believing that had we scored the first goal, we'd have gone on to score another 3 or four. I  still believe we'll stay up though in fairness mainly due to certain other teams being worse than us. I may be in the minority on here but I still have ample faith. Nobody knows, it's just points of view, but it is much easier to follow the groundswell.

36 minutes ago, shiv said:

So who else do you suggest? 

The question is. Who is out there that could keep us up names have already been mentioned. Cambiaso. Mancini even Eddie howe. Shakey is a thought he knows the players and he might get respect from the player's. The players at the moment do not respect CR. 

On 18/02/2017 at 19:21, ZeGuy said:

He won the premier league and the season after he plays for 40 points. Even if it was realistically impossible to match last season, he could have played for the top ten. Keep the players hungry, give them a real objective. Don't let them rest on their laurels and satisfied to return to obscurity. His lack of ambition killed the team's motivation.

It also lost us Kante I feel. That would've surely swung him if he was contemplating staying.

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It also lost us Kante I feel. That would've surely swung him if he was contemplating staying.

Kante was gone pretty much the moment the season ended - aims for this season are unlikely to have been on his mind.

Stay for me - the problem is entirely a load of players who cannot be arsed now they've won a title, and the idea that subordinates acting like twats should see you carry the can rather than them being given the short sharp end seems fundamentally wrong to me. I'd be sacking a few players.

Archived