Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Should Ranieri Stay or go?

Ranieri confidence poll post millwall pre sevilla  

436 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ranieri Stay or go?

• Sack him
    • Keep him

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If I remember correctly he was heavily linked with the Italy job which he then kind of used as leverage to get a better contract here. 

If he was smart he would of left (not that I wanted him to at the time) 

21 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I get where you're coming from. If you're focusing on a specific group of players (e.g. Vardy, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Mahrez, whoever) then that makes far more sense to me, though I'm not sure whether the players who are protesting are necessarily the ones who have let us down, and if we are speaking about a specific group then couldn't Ranieri have done more to sideline them?

Just on a separate, loosely relevant note, a colleague of mine knows a player in the side (I know, those are the sorts of words which normally make me stop reading posts too). I'm aware that I can't substantiate any of this, and can do no more than vouch for it personally, but today I was told something interesting, and against the grain of what I'd thought.

The player in question said that Ranieri's strength is in his speaking. The pep talks are incredible, full of anecdotes about Italy and his childhood. He's exceptionally clever, a great story-teller, and has a ridiculous memory, with real attention to detail. He says the lack of English doesn't get in the way at all, and he's a motivator - the best he's ever known (and this guy has been around the block). However, and this is what really surprised me because it doesn't fit in at all with what I've heard Mahrez and Vardy say publicly, the guy also said he's terrible tactically, as hopeless as anyone in the game, and most of that guidance has always come from the coaching staff.

Clearly not everyone would agree with him, perhaps even within the dressing room, but it may be a reflection on the sorts of discussions going on behind the scenes. To me it sounds like a description which would better fit Pearson than Ranieri, but that's not the case.

Anyway, I never get any sort of interesting information. Ever. Hardly fireworks, I know, but I thought it comment-worthy.

That actually makes sense of whats being going on as it's been very hard to figure out without someone close to the situation offering an insight. Nothing wrong with not being a great Coach, there's many good Managers in the past who weren't great Coaches but still built good sides. People like Ferguson, Clough, even O 'Neill would admit to not being a great Coach. But that's alright provided you surround yourself with good Coaches and people and include them in the decision making.

It also explains why Claudio hasn't been able to see the problems and deal with them. In short he's been picking teams hoping that things will click into place rather than building a side knowing what you're about. Like Pearson done here and Pochettino is doing at Spurs. 

The fact that he's looking lost on the touchline recently fuels the notion that he's fallen out with the Coaches and it doesn't look good for the future. As an Italian I was expecting our defence to be well drilled in what to do and yet that's not the case. They lack leadership and in some cases basic know how. When you add that to the lack of balance throughout the team and poor signings is it any wonder we are in trouble.  When you add that to so much of the good work, Staff and principles introduced by Pearson have been dismantled. It seems were going in the wrong direction again, Which is sad given our life changing year last season.

I've said many times over the years that the right Manager is crucial to the success of any Club no matter how much they cost in Salary. Clearly CR has demonstrated this season that he doesn't possess the skills necessary to take us any further, and the sooner he goes now the better for everyone.

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

And at the start of the season would you or any other fan have wanted him gone? What sort of comments do you think would have been posted on here had he gone? 

I would've said thank you and goodbye. LCFC has lost a lot of favourites over the years. It happens, you get over it. New manager, new aims. Why do you ask?

23 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I get where you're coming from. If you're focusing on a specific group of players (e.g. Vardy, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Mahrez, whoever) then that makes far more sense to me, though I'm not sure whether the players who are protesting are necessarily the ones who have let us down, and if we are speaking about a specific group then couldn't Ranieri have done more to sideline them?

Just on a separate, loosely relevant note, a colleague of mine knows a player in the side (I know, those are the sorts of words which normally make me stop reading posts too). I'm aware that I can't substantiate any of this, and can do no more than vouch for it personally, but today I was told something interesting, and against the grain of what I'd thought.

The player in question said that Ranieri's strength is in his speaking. The pep talks are incredible, full of anecdotes about Italy and his childhood. He's exceptionally clever, a great story-teller, and has a ridiculous memory, with real attention to detail. He says the lack of English doesn't get in the way at all, and he's a motivator - the best he's ever known (and this guy has been around the block). However, and this is what really surprised me because it doesn't fit in at all with what I've heard Mahrez and Vardy say publicly, the guy also said he's terrible tactically, as hopeless as anyone in the game, and most of that guidance has always come from the coaching staff.

Clearly not everyone would agree with him, perhaps even within the dressing room, but it may be a reflection on the sorts of discussions going on behind the scenes. To me it sounds like a description which would better fit Pearson than Ranieri, but that's not the case.

Anyway, I never get any sort of interesting information. Ever. Hardly fireworks, I know, but I thought it comment-worthy.

If true that's really interesting and explains a lot this season.

Reading that was also sobering in a way, made me remember he really is a nice guy, passionate for the game and above all else wants us to do well. 

It just seems he doesn't know how to fix things, which is a tragedy.

I'm still in the Ranieri out camp, but I hope should he leave, he still leaves with respect from the fans. 

I don't know why he wouldn't want to leave last summer. He must have known it was all downhill from winning the PL title at this club. Not many would have guessed it was off a cliff rather than down a hill, but still. Now his reputation is ruined.

A lot of us, myself included, would have been very disappointed had he gone soon after lifting the trophy, but I think I could have got over that a lot quicker than I'll get over this trainwreck of a season and golden opportunity criminally missed.

23 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Given his reputation as a tactician and reading a biography of him and his early career I find that rather hard to believe, although if you were to look at Wenger from 10 years ago you'd not expect him to become a relative dinosaur in terms of training and player fitness given his position as a revolutionary when he first started at Arsenal. Time does catch up on even the greats.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

And at the start of the season would you or any other fan have wanted him gone? What sort of comments do you think would have been posted on here had he gone? 

Yes I would have been happy if he went in the summer. I knew this season would turn out the way it has with him in charge, and said so on here many times.

I think it's been quite obvious that Ranieri, he would admit himself, had wanted a strong focus on the CL after last season. He's true to deny it to stop the critics from outlining this.

But feel tomorrow is very key; the owners must be kicking their lips with the CL (and of course the fans are), and they'd be disappointed if the team overall doesn't perform well over the 2 legs, rather than playing well collectively but don't get through.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

And the same applies to the Vardy/Arsenal situation.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

10 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Yes I would have been happy if he went in the summer. I knew this season would turn out the way it has with him in charge, and said so on here many times.

The problem with the internet is everything you say is indexed for everyone to view whenever. That said, if you knew this season would go as it has and would have been happy to be rid of him last summer, why were you pleased with him signing a new four year deal in the summer: 

Guest bennytwohats

It's becoming increasingly difficult to build a case for him staying that doesn't start and end with what he did last season.

I think it would be really sad for the club to have to part ways with him, and I think the players would have to shoulder an immense amount of the blame for it. But to be honest it is looking like a sad outcome whatever happens from here now, and I recognise that replacing the playing staff simply isn't a viable option. Really hope that tomorrow we can pull something out the bag and kick on from there, I just haven't seen anything to suggest we will.

Awful season for us, can't see any way we come out of this situation cleanly, with or without Ranieri. Massive missed opportunity for the club.

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

The problem with the internet is everything you say is indexed for everyone to view whenever. That said, if you knew this season would go as it has and would have been happy to be rid of him last summer, why were you pleased with him signing a new four year deal in the summer: 

Its funny how you've spun this, even funnier how you haven't quoted any of my posts which expressed my concerns about CR very early on in the season.

What worked best for him was that he changed hardly anything last season. For the record I was happy he signed a new deal providing he didn't tinker, as the post clearly states. 

Archived