Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Should Ranieri Stay or go?

Ranieri confidence poll post millwall pre sevilla  

436 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ranieri Stay or go?

• Sack him
    • Keep him

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Anyone actually give a flying shite about this champions league game? Other than keeping the embarrassment to bare minimum! Cringiest champions in the history of football in any leagues.

I'm going to try and enjoy it for what it is personally and still looking forward to it. I'll be shocked if I see us in the last 16 of europes premier competition again so win lose or draw the grey clouds can Fck off for one last 180 minutes this season.

I copped some flak for saying this at the time, but I stand by it now, Ranieri should have been gone after the 3-0 loss to Southampton.  If that had happened, the new manager would have had some time to bring in some new signings as well as 5/6 matches to build confidence before one of the biggest games in this club's history.  As it hasn't happened, I can't help but feel like we're throwing away that match.  I'm loyal to the club rather than the manager and as much as I like Claudio as a person, he needs to go.

He needs to go. He has the the tools available to create a Premier League winning team, and he is royally ****ing it up. He has squandered millions on substandard players and has completely lost all control of the first team. Last season the team picked itself and he rode out the goodwill in the players, but his changes are making everything worse and there is no logic behind any of his decisions.

It's amazing what difference a single manager can make to a club like Leicester. We are just on the edge of those teams that can pretty much guarantee to never go down. It takes a single season and a single bad managerial appointment to take a club like ours down, even when we're Premier League champions. He's taking us down, and if Derby and Millwall are anything to go by, we may not stop in the Championship.

with 13 games to go and no transfer window, have the club left it to late though?

At least it keeps the run in interesting. Premier League one season, relegation battle the next. I'd take that over being an Arsenal fan!!

5 hours ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

I copped some flak for saying this at the time, but I stand by it now, Ranieri should have been gone after the 3-0 loss to Southampton.  If that had happened, the new manager would have had some time to bring in some new signings as well as 5/6 matches to build confidence before one of the biggest games in this club's history.  As it hasn't happened, I can't help but feel like we're throwing away that match.  I'm loyal to the club rather than the manager and as much as I like Claudio as a person, he needs to go.

I went to this game and was telling the wife on the way home that something was seriously

wrong,  it felt unthinkable at the time but in hindsight this was the time to change our manager.

5 hours ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Same could be said for Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Vardy, and Mahrez. 

Drinky is going down the same path. Gone to absolute shlte!

11 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I went to this game and was telling the wife on the way home that something was seriously

wrong,  it felt unthinkable at the time but in hindsight this was the time to change our manager.

It is unthinkable.

Why would these same players from last season change so much?

1. They have all fallen out with the manager

2. they are much crapper than we gave them credit for........ but they still became champions though!?
3.They have achieved the ultimate in English football and as a result, are just chillin'.

Whatever the reason it is NOT the manager.

I am not a Pearsonite or Ranieriite just a Foxes fan like everyone else here. But in the interests of objectivity,  since there are factional splits and some calls for Pearson's return, and to help perhaps analyse what's gone wrong, here are two typical line-ups from crucial games in the Great Escape (Swansea, April 2015) and the PL winning run in (Man City, February 2016)

Screenshot_20170219-023933.thumb.png.8afbfcfe94d8eb807a7d804c9e0e79a2.png

Screenshot_20170219-024148.thumb.png.c3581f5446aa52d05d741435a0b75140.png

What is clear are the quite drastic changes on the pitch that Ranieri made in both personnel and formations (532/352 vs 442). So that for me tends to debunk any theory that, on the pitch at least, last season Ranieri simply inherited Pearson's team to win the title. With the exception of Kante, he could pick exactly the same side on Wednesday night at Seville as for that great win at the Etihad.

So, what about off it? Maybe as many have speculated this is where Claudio and/or the club have really cocked up. 'Back room' staff gone, players getting stupid wages,  attitudes changing... 

Returning to on field, two seasons ago we had Cambiasso as a leader and last season Kante led by example I believe. This season? No-one to my mind is doing it. 

Anyway, just some thoughts as I try to fight off this norovirus on the pan at 3 in the morning! :ph34r:

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

A lot of the "it's the players' fault!" shite can stop today too. They were shite again, but Ranieri's line up, subs and tactics were horrendous. He was as at much fault as anyone today if not more.

It is the players fault 

they are playing badly

a manager doesn't instruct them to play badly

the players deserve their fair share of the blame

Plenty of interesting and constructive criticism posts here, mostly against CR.

In a way, then as big a pickle as we're presently in with seemingly no way out of it if we carry on the way we are, then on paper it's still not anywhere near as bad as at this precise time (and during up to the end of March 2015!) of the great escape season two seasons ago.......but as many have already said, the stark reality is that back then we were unfortunate in a lot of games (barring the goal-less and toothless Hull disaster at home in the March) and were always 'in them' plus at least scoring goals! - and after the West Ham and West Brom back to back wins you sensed we were somehow going to pull it off, as eventually happened.

On a similar token then it's maybe just as well there are still 13 games left to sort this mess out (as opposed to just nine games left two seasons ago when we were on 19 points at the end of March and seemingly all but doomed!) and hopefully save ourselves from the reverse unthinkable this time round compared to a year ago! One blessing is that in spite of today's disastrous last gasp defeat at 10 man Millwall, it is one less competition to now worry about being in and it wasn't entirely the end of the world as you could point to non league Lincoln winning at 'fortress' like Turf Moor a couple of hours or so earlier.....!

Meanwhile Sevilla is just a luxury aggregate fixture to come now and the entire season now hinges on whether an upturn in the team's league performances (resulting in much needed wins) happens. It remains to be seen but from this vantage point then I think they've gradually become collectively damaged goods now, the unrest is obviously down to last season's unprecedented achievement and has caused arguments, friction and ill feeling in the dressing room between the mixture of players of all abilities re who's getting what - plus it has given pretty much all of last season's star players inflated egos. The manager appears to be too clueless to turn it around as well = a recipe for overall disaster - and his track record at previous clubs of late - Athletico Madrid for one, not to mention his disastrous flirtation with international football with Greece - seem to be coming home to roost now unfortunately.

Last season's argument that Ranieri's miracle achievement was on the back of Pearson and his backroom staff still remains debatable.....but the fact that Shakespeare was keeping his distance near the dugout/technical area from Claudio in the most recent games for all to see is far more telling and perhaps more of a giveaway to all matters present that are wrong behind the scenes me thinks!

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I am not a Pearsonite or Ranieriite just a Foxes fan like everyone else here. But in the interests of objectivity,  since there are factional splits and some calls for Pearson's return, and to help perhaps analyse what's gone wrong, here are two typical line-ups from crucial games in the Great Escape (Swansea, April 2015) and the PL winning run in (Man City, February 2016)

Screenshot_20170219-023933.thumb.png.8afbfcfe94d8eb807a7d804c9e0e79a2.png

Screenshot_20170219-024148.thumb.png.c3581f5446aa52d05d741435a0b75140.png

What is clear are the quite drastic changes on the pitch that Ranieri made in both personnel and formations (532/352 vs 442). So that for me tends to debunk any theory that, on the pitch at least, last season Ranieri simply inherited Pearson's team to win the title. With the exception of Kante, he could pick exactly the same side on Wednesday night at Seville as for that great win at the Etihad.

So, what about off it? Maybe as many have speculated this is where Claudio and/or the club have really cocked up. 'Back room' staff gone, players getting stupid wages,  attitudes changing... 

Returning to on field, two seasons ago we had Cambiasso as a leader and last season Kante led by example I believe. This season? No-one to my mind is doing it. 

Anyway, just some thoughts as I try to fight off this norovirus on the pan at 3 in the morning! :ph34r:

So Ranieri changed a lot, by playing the players Pearson bought to play 442. Hmmm.

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It is the players fault 

they are playing badly

He can send them out setup to lose like he did mostly at the start of the season. Leads to a loss of confidence and lack of faith. So whilst he might not instruct them to play badly, his impact can clearly lead to them playing badly.

Sevilla, Liverpool, Hull. 

He has those 3 games for me. I've tried and tried to give him until the end of the season, but there's no argument I can give now.

I feel so sad for him now, he played the team we pretty much wanted, yet still it didn't work. 

The blame game has ran out of options and wherever it turns, it will always end with Ranieri now. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He can send them out setup to lose like he did mostly at the start of the season. Leads to a loss of confidence and lack of faith. So whilst he might not instruct them to play badly, his impact can clearly lead to them playing badly.

Not disputing and never have that Ranners is partly to blame (solely according to the Mob on here) but just merely trying to point out that once again the players deserve their fair share of blame

do you really and I mean honestly really believe the manager sent the players out to lose at the start of the season? I mean really? :blink:  :unsure:

not quite sure with that babs

So if you are the owners what do you do ?  It is clear that Ranieri cannot stop the rot and if they stick with him we are going down. If we go down will they still keep him as manager ?  I suspect not , and even if we manage somehow to stay up I'm sure he won't be our manager next season.

They are exceptional business men and fully understand the financial impact on this club if we are relegated, So it baffled me when they came out and gave Ranieri there complete backing. If we lose against Liverpool ( highly likely ) and again against Hull ( more than likely ) What on earth can they then do ? Go Back on what they said ?  Not likely given their moral codes. So it would appear we are stuck with him until at least the end of the season , and I'm afraid that to me means religation.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

So Ranieri changed a lot, by playing the players Pearson bought to play 442. Hmmm.

Did Pearson buy them? Or Walsh? Or?

As I said I am not in one camp or another like some are - though not you as I gather from your posts normally.

But the point is Ranieri did change formation and brought in Simpson, Drinkwater etc to play regularly as well as new players Kante, Fuchs (yes bought before him coming) and shows that the idea he simply inherited the 'team' and its style of play on the pitch wholesale is patently not demonstrable - there was a progression that improved it. As I said Ranieri could put out the same team other than Kante and formation against Seville on Wednesday. 

So what has gone wrong? Another factor I didn't mention in my prior post was that PL teams got wise to our counter attacking style, to which Kante was key, dropping much deeper and cutting down any space for Vardy to run in behind while also forcing our back four to play the ball out further up field necessitating better passing skills than they have. Ranieri should have had a plan B or C. I am not simply defending him whatsoever. 

I am horrified at the results this season, and the manager ultimately takes responsibility, however the manager doesn't take sole responsibility.

The players put out against Millwall had the ability to win the match.  If we had strikers even on average form we'd have won.  The same can be said for other positions.  There's a part of me that feels that Ranieri was happy to go out of the FA Cup and selected the team and substitutes accordingly, and will do the same for the Champions League, with the sole intention of focusing on PL survival.  Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.

We have a group of players who are performing well below par.  The only issue in my mind is who is best placed to get performances out of them for the rest of the season, without which we will go down.  I don't see many miracle workers in the group of out of work managers right now and am not convinced that any of them would do the job necessary.  It's unlikely that they could do much about form and confidence, they may increase motivation.

This club is big enough to attract a decent up and coming manager, until one is available I wouldn't want Ranieri to be pointed towards the door, and even then I'd like him to be offered the dignity of resigning.

Who is voting keep him lol

He has no idea. I said after Sunderland away he looks incapable of getting us out of this mess and was told "home form will keep us up". Yeah right, we are shit.

It is an embarrassment. 

Everything he does is consistently wrong. Yet again yesterday he took our best players off (Kapuskta and Gray). 

Sack him.

Certainly a moral dilemma for Claudio. If he gets sacked, it will be due to bad results, which I'm sure will feel embarrassing on his part, but he would be in the esteemed company of Mourinho and Mancini who both lost their jobs following a title win. Should he resign, with 13 games left to go it could easily be seen as abandoning a sinking ship, which doesn't particularly do him much justice, especially given that our owners have given him stay until the end of the season. Basically, it would seem as though he hasn't got the capability to save a team (even if, in this instance, it genuinely looks like he doesn't). So in both cases his exit would be undignified and certainly won't appeal to him. As fans, the only issue with this is that his stubbornness could well lead to our relegation and him losing his job anyway, which is perhaps even more undignified than the other options. 

5 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It is the players fault 

they are playing badly

I'm sorry mate but people keep saying this and it's incorrect.

The manager picks these players. He picks them consistently. He brought in worse players than we let go. It's his tactics, selections and subs that are the reason we are going down and have only scored 7 goals this year. He is an embarrassment and we are an embarrassment. 

Yes the players have to take a share of the blame but they are being managed... "First rule of management, everything is your fault".

Look at how Chelsea players didn't play for Mourinho last year but it's the same players now top of the league. Our players lack desire and motivation and that's down to the manager. Ranieri hasn't got a clue.

11 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I am horrified at the results this season, and the manager ultimately takes responsibility, however the manager doesn't take sole responsibility.

The players put out against Millwall had the ability to win the match.  If we had strikers even on average form we'd have won.  The same can be said for other positions.  There's a part of me that feels that Ranieri was happy to go out of the FA Cup and selected the team and substitutes accordingly, and will do the same for the Champions League, with the sole intention of focusing on PL survival.  Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.

We have a group of players who are performing well below par.  The only issue in my mind is who is best placed to get performances out of them for the rest of the season, without which we will go down.  I don't see many miracle workers in the group of out of work managers right now and am not convinced that any of them would do the job necessary.  It's unlikely that they could do much about form and confidence, they may increase motivation.

This club is big enough to attract a decent up and coming manager, until one is available I wouldn't want Ranieri to be pointed towards the door, and even then I'd like him to be offered the dignity of resigning.

I'd take Danny Cowley and his brother Nicky before some fooker else does. 

My old boss had them at Concord Rangers a few years ago and it was evident then they are going to rise like cream to the top!

3 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Not disputing and never have that Ranners is partly to blame (solely according to the Mob on here) but just merely trying to point out that once again the players deserve their fair share of blame

do you really and I mean honestly really believe the manager sent the players out to lose at the start of the season? I mean really? :blink:  :unsure:

not quite sure with that babs

I don't know abut the start of the season but that virtual last kick goal yesterday set me wondering especially as it could have been defended. The whole tone of our approach was that winning didn't really matter and that we were focused on survival in The Premiership. It's not the way to approach survival at all. Win your next game is the right policy -  then the next. Thinking further ahead is a recipe for trouble. 

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I don't know abut the start of the season but that virtual last kick goal yesterday set me wondering especially as it could have been defended. The whole tone of our approach was that winning didn't really matter and that we were focused on survival in The Premiership. It's not the way to approach survival at all. Win your next game is the right policy -  then the next. Thinking further ahead is a recipe for trouble. 

Almost like the players have had the green light to only worry about protecting their incomes!

It is wholly unsettling but a snapshot of the modern game.

Archived