Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

18 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

JR made enquiries abort 31 players in the Jan window. 

Several ways of looking at that I guess.

Any ideas how many we tested the water with an offer.

Or was it a case of is so and so available and how much. Ok thanks I'm not paying that.

Or did he just run out of time to complete any of the deals.

On 2017-5-24 at 20:48, Wymeswold fox said:

Would have Chris Powell back in a heartbeat.

Down-to-earth, knows the club and game as well as thinking from a different perspective.

But why would you have him back as a coach? Is he an inspiring, innovative, forward-thinking,  coach? I don't know, I'm asking. Where has he made the impact to convince people of his coaching skills?

Nice guy, capable player, no question but we're talking about a coaches to take us forwards and, to me, the value of, and standards expected from our coaches in England are not always what they should be.

Even at Leicester where there's been good and bad to be seen over the last decade, I've seen many things that should never have happened in a coaching sense.            

On 26/05/2017 at 07:11, CloudFox said:

Sammy Lee and Chrissy P would work for me. Be great to have Chrissy P back!

Would love Berner to come back some day too. Think he would want to build up his managerial experience first though, so should watch his progress for now.

I have been told by someone who works at Belvoir Drive, that Chris Powell was helping out in a few training sessions at the end of the season.

52 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I have been told by someone who works at Belvoir Drive, that Chris Powell was helping out in a few training sessions at the end of the season.

Oh really? That would make sense considering his close ties to the club and staff to be fair.

Would help keep his coaching skills sharp, certainly.

On 26/05/2017 at 07:11, CloudFox said:

Sammy Lee and Chrissy P would work for me. Be great to have Chrissy P back!

Would love Berner to come back some day too. Think he would want to build up his managerial experience first though, so should watch his progress for now.

Wouldn't be surprised if, with the announcement of Shakey getting the Manager's job (today, if many posters on here are right), we also hear that Chris Powell is getting the Assistant's job.  Possibly, even Bruno coming back as a Coach ?

Is Bruno a good coach? Is Powell a good coach?

I don't know one way or another but we sure need people with energy and innovative ideas.  People who make a difference and have shown they can develop players for the better.

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Chris Powell is a coach with some gravitas

shakey may not be keen to have someone below him who it's felt could confidently be trusted to step into his shoes and hold the fort if results are going badly whilst a new manager is sought. 

Powell's managerial record is not great. I wouldn't be in the slightest bit concerned.

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

shakey may not be keen to have someone below him who it's felt could confidently be trusted to step into his shoes and hold the fort if results are going badly whilst a new manager is sought. 

If a manager is so insecure that he won't hire people competent enough, because they might be a "threat", then I don't want them to be a manager.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Obviously not sure if it's true. But if you don't want support from people who can challenge you and fill your position you're a shite manager and leader imo. Reeks of someone without the confidence in his own abilities and his ability to deal with others. Imagine if Pearson had thought that about Shakey or Walsh.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Obviously not sure if it's true. But if you don't want support from people who can challenge you and fill your position you're a shite manager and leader imo. Reeks of someone without the confidence in his own abilities and his ability to deal with others. Imagine if Pearson had thought that about Shakey or Walsh.

perspective - this will be shakeys first job as a manager. if he didn't feel a bit insecure he wouldn't be human. pearson, shakey and walsh were a long established management team having been together in at least two and maybe three posts. different

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

perspective - this will be shakeys first job as a manager. if he didn't feel a bit insecure he wouldn't be human. pearson, shakey and walsh were a long established management team having been together in at least two and maybe three posts. different

Fair enough. You are right that it's bound to cross his mind. But he cannot afford to pick a team that's not the strongest. Dealing with insecurity and perceived threats in a way that doesn't become a detriment to the team is a skill every manager has to learn.

I don't see Powell offering anything to us. If we're serious about continuing our upwards trend then we need to set our sights higher.

The problem is most Managers will choose someone they know or have worked with before. This is where a good DIF can prove himself worthy of the title.

I'd like us to bring in a top Dutch Coach. It's can't be luck that Holland have been producing a lot of very good young players for a long time. And as a nation have been punching above their weight.  Belgium have followed suit and now you have a lot of good young Belgium players.

On 05/06/2017 at 12:08, st albans fox said:

The delay in announcing Shakespeare's appointment, could well be because the club are also trying to tie up deals for his Coaching staff.

3 hours ago, foxtillidrop said:

Could we tempt Steve Walsh from Everton with the assistant manger role? Not sure whether it is a perceived as a step up or down from a director of football role.

Can't see it happening but I'd love it to happen.

That was the job he left when he was here. He won't be coming back unless things have gone horribly wrong at goodison. 

2 hours ago, foxtillidrop said:

Inigo Idiakez is also a fee agent - part of Nige's team at Derby, local to the area and I think he as previous experience at LCFC

2 hours ago, Worthington said:

He had a spell with the youth set up here before Derby tempted him away. By all accounts he was well thought of. Would like to see him back in a similar capacity !

I agree, he would be great working with the Youth team again. He built up a very good reputation with us, that's why Derby pinched him. I didn't know he'd left the Sh**gers. Perhaps if Powell comes as Assistant Manager, he also entice Idiakez back with him.

On 6/5/2017 at 13:10, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If a manager is so insecure that he won't hire people competent enough, because they might be a "threat", then I don't want them to be a manager.

Spot on, I think it was Fergie who claimed he'd only appoint a coach if he felt they offered something better than he could.

11 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I agree, he would be great working with the Youth team again. He built up a very good reputation with us, that's why Derby pinched him. I didn't know he'd left the Sh**gers. Perhaps if Powell comes as Assistant Manager, he also entice Idiakez back with him.

Left when Nige did I think. I'd take him back, seems very good. Put him in charge of the academy. 

On 02/06/2017 at 11:10, Outfox the Fox said:

I would expect an announcement about his appointment as Assistant Manager in the next few days.

19 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

If Pearson gets the Middlesbrough job, apparently he'll take Nick Barmby as his Assistant Manager.  All set for Chris Powell to be Shakespeare's Assistant, with the announcement expected soon.

Gary Monk has just got the Boro job. Nige won't be going 'back home'.

Archived