Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

On 6/8/2017 at 19:10, foxtillidrop said:

Inigo Idiakez is also a fee agent - part of Nige's team at Derby, local to the area and I think he as previous experience at LCFC

We have surely got to try and get him back if he was as good as he was made out to be.

Is it a coincidence that Barnes and Chilwell both played under him? Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We have surely got to try and get him back if he was as good as he was made out to be.

Is it a coincidence that Barnes and Chilwell both played under him? Just a thought.

I know a lad that had a trial with us at u17 level and he said Idiakez was brilliant 

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

I know a lad that had a trial with us at u17 level and he said Idiakez was brilliant 

Idiakez was amazing for our academy. He had a great relationship with the lads and training sessions were really effective in bringing on players techniques and ability. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

On his Twitter page, Idiakez gives Leicester as his home town, so if he's without a club, it would be easy for him to come back to us. We could use him, there is big need for better support for the U20, Youth and Academy lads and it sounds like he had an impact when he was with us before.

On 9. Juni 2017 at 13:19, Outfox the Fox said:

Gary Monk has just got the Boro job. Nige won't be going 'back home'.

The Monks have got it in for Nige.. Pay back for his son taking part in that holiday 'movie'.

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Idiakez sounds great for the academy. But aren't we really missing two assistant managers / coaches?

Yes, Idiakez should be brought back for the Youth / Academy teams, but there could have been other reasons why he left last year - not just because Derby were offering him a(n equivalent) job.  Perhaps he wasn't getting on with Rudkin (and / or Beaglehole), who of course still officially runs the Youth set up ?  Wouldn't surprise me, given Rudkin's apparent track record in recruitment / management.

As for the Assistant Manager / First Team Coach position(s), I have no doubt that Chris Powell will get the Assistant's job - and possibly Bruno Berner, First Team Coach. 

Michael Appleton will be Shakey's Assistant:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-make-oxford-manager-michael-10630552

Appleton is resigning as Oxford Manager to take up the post.  He's been Manager there for 3 years and has had some success with them.  He previously worked with Shakey at West Brom (presumably with Pearson as well).

On 13/06/2017 at 10:07, Outfox the Fox said:

FB_IMG_1497292059834.jpg

Powell and Berner at the KP, as analysts for the Spurs game. Did talks take place then, about them coming in as part off Shakespeare's new coaching set up? 

I've been told that Sunderland are now considering Pearson, with McInnes out of the frame. If they are thinking about NP, Powell could be going as his Assistant again. Perhaps that's why we've gone for Appleton?

1 hour ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I've been told that Sunderland are now considering Pearson, with McInnes out of the frame. If they are thinking about NP, Powell could be going as his Assistant again. Perhaps that's why we've gone for Appleton?

They've appointed the Aberdeen manager haven't they?

Edit; apparently not.

On 15/06/2017 at 21:47, bald reynard said:

Michael Appleton will be Shakey's Assistant:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-make-oxford-manager-michael-10630552

Appleton is resigning as Oxford Manager to take up the post.  He's been Manager there for 3 years and has had some success with them.  He previously worked with Shakey at West Brom (presumably with Pearson as well).

I see Derek Fazackerley is Assistant to Appleton at Oxford.  Of course he was Assistant Manager / Coach for a year with us when Sven was in charge.  I wonder, IF Appleton decides to come (still a bit of an 'if'), whether DF will come back with him as First Team Coach ?

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Would be delighted to see Chris Powell once. Met him once as a young kid back when he first signed and he was a class act. All the players seemed to speak highly of him as a coach too.

On 13/06/2017 at 10:07, Outfox the Fox said:

FB_IMG_1497292059834.jpg

Powell and Berner at the KP, as analysts for the Spurs game. Did talks take place then, about either coming in as part off Shakespeare's new coaching set up? 

20 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Interesting that John Percy says Powell will be coming back as First Team Coach, in addition to Appleton. I would have thought they'd be equally qualified as Assistant Managers. Perhaps the Club will appoint 2 Assistants, as they did when Pearson had Shakespeare and Walsh. One being responsible for Training and one for Analysis & Tactics.  

1 hour ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Interesting that John Percy says Powell will be coming back as First Team Coach, in addition to Appleton. I would have thought they'd be equally qualified as Assistant Managers. Perhaps the Club will appoint 2 Assistants, as they did when Pearson had Shakespeare and Walsh. One being responsible for Training and one for Analysis & Tactics.  

I thought Powell was going to be defensive coach... at least I thought I read that somewhere..

7 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

he does?  not in that article he doesn't. have I missed something ?

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he does?  not in that article he doesn't. have I missed something ?

He says, "Shakespeare is also targeting another first team coach, with former defender Chris Powell still in the frame". 

OK, strictly speaking, it's not, 'will be coming back' - sorry - but it sounds likely!

On 19/06/2017 at 18:14, Outfox the Fox said:

He says, "Shakespeare is also targeting another first team coach, with former defender Chris Powell still in the frame". 

OK, strictly speaking, it's not, 'will be coming back' - sorry - but it sounds likely!

BBC now saying that Chris Powell will be returning as First Team Coach.

Archived