Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

Nige being linked with Norwich now.  Delia might be more prepared to take a gamble on him, than some foreign owners - she's just as bonkers !

Now Middlesbrough are manager-less.  Ex-Boro Centre Back and Captain who led the club to promotion and a couple of Finals (and very popular there), I'm sure Nige will be linked with that job.  Like Delia at Norwich, Steve Gibson, the Boro Chairman might be prepared to forgive Pearson's craziness and give him a go - especially as being a longstanding Boro fan before becoming Chairman, he will be of the generation who rated Nige !

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

Now Middlesbrough are manager-less.  Ex-Boro Centre Back and Captain who led the club to promotion and a couple of Finals (and very popular there), I'm sure Nige will be linked with that job.  Like Delia at Norwich, Steve Gibson, the Boro Chairman might be prepared to forgive Pearson's craziness and give him a go - especially as being a longstanding Boro fan before becoming Chairman, he will be of the generation who rated Nige !

Sounds like Nige will be a shoo-in at Boro.  Gibson will have seen what Pearson did for us the season before last and will want to do the same for them (in exactly the same situation).  Nige is already odds on favourite - only an hour after the announcement about Karanka.  If Pearson does go to Boro, it's pretty likely that Chris Powell will join him as Assistant again.  If Shakey wants help, it's not likely to be Powell.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:44, bald reynard said:

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:53, bald reynard said:

Sounds like Nige will be a shoo-in at Boro.  Gibson will have seen what Pearson did for us the season before last and will want to do the same for them (in exactly the same situation).  Nige is already odds on favourite - only an hour after the announcement about Karanka.  If Pearson does go to Boro, it's pretty likely that Chris Powell will join him as Assistant again.  If Shakey wants help, it's not likely to be Powell.

Pearson won't be going to Middlesbrough, for now at least. Steve Gibson, the Boro Chairman, was quoted in the Teesside Gazette this morning, as saying that Steve Agnew has the job until the end of the season. I guess he might have a change of mind if it all goes pear shaped for Agnew, but it sounds like Nige will probably have to wait until the summer, if he wants to go back to Boro.

Of course, Pearson and Powell might be soon be heading Delia's way!  

20 minutes ago, IrememberBobHazell said:

I would go to Everton and ask Steve Walsh to come back in a Assistant Manager/ Head Of Recruitment/ in fact anything he likes other than manager capacity. (Assuming he gets the permanent full time gig)

You mean the same job he had when he left ?

he isn't coming back unless Koeman leaves there and the new man won't work with him (which I couldn't see happening)

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You mean the same job he had when he left ?

He isn't coming back unless Koeman leaves there and the new man won't work with him (which I couldn't see happening)

You're right in the first bit, St Albans, Walsh won't come back for his old job.  He would if he gets Rudkin's (DoF) - but the Thais seem to like old Rudders and he won't be moved soon.

As regards him not leaving Everton while Koeman's there, I don't think that's the case.  Walsh was appointed by the new Owner (Moshiri).  Since he's been working with Ron, I think they've had a few disagreements.  He might go before Koeman, if the right job came up, but I think the desire to move back to the North West was a big motivating factor in going to Everton - and that well might influence where he ends up.

12 minutes ago, maddog said:

Another name I'd add to the wanted list if Shakespeare were to go back to being assistant in the summer would be Patrick Vieira.

Patrick Viera assisted by Shakey, gobble gobble. 

Presume you don't follow the Man City news where he was pretty much hated as a manager ( with the kids ) and was totally useless

Confess I have no idea how well he is doing in USA

29 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Presume you don't follow the Man City news where he was pretty much hated as a manager ( with the kids ) and was totally useless

Confess I have no idea how well he is doing in USA

He's doing well in New York and I think with his experience as a player/contacts he could attract decent players to Leicester.

I also think he could turn into a great manager and Leicester would be a decent club for him to have a go in the Premier League.

He'd go on my imaginary shortlist with Wagner and that bloke at Hoffeinheim if Shakespeare decides its not for him. 

Another name I'd add to the wanted list if Shakespeare were to go back to being assistant in the summer would be Patrick Vieira.

Patrick Viera assisted by Shakey, gobble gobble. 

Don't think that will happen. Maybe for a few months, but not long term.

If Shakey doesn't get the job full time, I expect him to leave soon for a manager position somewhere. I don't think he is completely motivated by money, and keeping us up, he'll surely get offers from Championship or League 1 clubs.

Look they should give shakey the job.... they will sack him if tge team look like being relegated as per claudio.

He can work with the squad and tweek it with some signings...

The key problem is we need a dof to set the long term recruirment strategy and to manage the support funtions at the club so that these are independent of the current manager.... the thais whpuld focus on this proble  and leave shakey to have his shot

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2017 at 10:17, indierich06 said:

Well we have lost two coaches, and if he becomes manager then we will have lost our assistant manager too! We'll probably need to get some bodies in to lighten the load for Shakey, even if it's just on a temporary basis till the end of the season - he can't do everything himself.

Clearly, Shaky and Stowell are coping with the support of the Under 23 Coaching team - Beaglehole etc.  They've obviously amalgamated the First Team and Under 23 squads much more - and are using the combined existing coaching resources.  I guess that means that Shaky won't be allowed (or he doesn't want) to appoint additional coaching support.  That probably won't change until / unless he gets the Managers job on a longer term basis (ie not just to the end of this season) ?  

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/beaglehole-enthused-by-under-23s-fortunes-3649650.aspx#IgdgFPJZ2CHrDau4.99

• 1 month later...

If Shakespeare is appointed, wouldn't be surprised if Dean Hammond is appointed as his number two. I can also see Wasilewski being offered a coaching role. Let's be honest, there would be no dissent in the dressing room!

He should choose his own staff but he needs some help long term. There will come a time when he has a bad patch with us and given his distinct lack of managerial experience, the pressure will mount quickly. A wise owl as an assistant (not Hodgson) will give him that bit more of an edge.

Shakespeare comes across as very much a hands-on type with a calm personality that can handle the media scrutiny. He knows that his changing role will force him away from duties he has specialized in. I'd imagine he wants a like-minded and level-headed assistant who can complement him in areas where he isn't as strong. Powell doesn't have much managerial experience, but his pedigree as a pro is good and them knowing eachother would be a big plus.

Would Powell come here though or would he want another stint as manager somewhere?

Also, if Shakespeare doesn't get the job would he stay on as assistant if the right man comes in?

Ok I'll say it before taking cover....

Pearson as DOF. It appears to be more of a back room role (judging by Rudkin), and he has worked well with CS in the past and been instrumental in organising the rest of the club. Ideal role for him IMO though I'm not sure the owners would go for it.

Obviously CS would also need 1 or more assistants of his choosing. Not sure what we'd do with Rudders. Answers on a postcard.

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Pearson as DOF. It appears to be more of a back room role (judging by Rudkin), and he has worked well with CS in the past and been instrumental in organising the rest of the club. Ideal role for him IMO though I'm not sure the owners would go for it.

Obviously CS would also need 1 or more assistants of his choosing. Not sure what we'd do with Rudders. Answers on a postcard.

Pearson will never be back here. (Unless the ownership changes). Anyone who wants him back at the club in some capacity is forever going to be disappointed. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Pearson will never be back here. (Unless the ownership changes). Anyone who wants him back at the club in some capacity is forever going to be disappointed. 

I suspect you're right, shame though as I think there's an ideal role for him in which he would not need to suffer the media fools.

28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I've great time for Pearson but that would be more trouble than it's worth.

The press would be all over him even in such a role for soundbites and the owners wouldnt be comfortable with it either.

He's a Leicester great but perhaps time to let it go.

Archived