Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

56 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I suspect you're right, shame though as I think there's an ideal role for him in which he would not need to suffer the media fools.

All the more reason not to have him back. Media communication is part of the job. You either do it with a good grace or you let the club down in various ways, Like it or not, football thrives on the media and all the comment and controversy created. Clever managers get something from their media contact, the antagonists just make a rod for their own suffering.     

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

I wouldn't fix what's not broken. Let the man have the people he wants and trusts around him.  

Too true. I really don't get some people on here. He's 53 been in professional football all his life. 11yrs of that on the management side and probably had more to do with last seasons win than we will ever know. Also a huge part in the great escape.

Yet so many here think he needs a baby sitter.

29 minutes ago, Thracian said:

All the more reason not to have him back. Media communication is part of the job. You either do it with a good grace or you let the club down in various ways, Like it or not, football thrives on the media and all the comment and controversy created. Clever managers get something from their media contact, the antagonists just make a rod for their own suffering.     

Not as DOF surely? Don't hear much from rudders do we? CS would still do all the pre.post match interviews that Pearson seemed to hate.

35 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I agree that having Pearson back could complicate the dynamic. If the board are prepared to work with him again, wish to consider him as a future option for Leicester (and if he wants to play ball too) then perhaps he could have a chance at their new club in Belgium, should that proceed. I don't think I'd look beyond that, not unless Shakespeare were pushing for it.

I'm not sure how bad he was with the media, thoug. Many very, very abrasive top managers 'get something from their media contact' too, even if it looks awkward. I think, for his part, that he used it to help foster a 'siege mentality' at the club.

At times I wonder whether the media darlings really use the press to their advantage. Take Ian Holloway, for example, who was full of wise cracks but let slip that he thought City may already have the points to stay up in 2008. 

Pearson coming back just isn't going to happen unless it was as  Manager again. It would be too problematic for everyone, not least the players.

What I'd really like to see is us too bringing in a top quality European Coach to work with but under Shakey. It would bring new fresh idea's and methods to help with our development. Especially the young players. But it has to be Shakey who chooses him.

Shakespeares done really good up til now

If he get's the job let him choose his own side kick

He deserves that from the owners, if they bring in a high profile coach then it'll undermine what he's achieved so far.

More importantly, if they bring in a Manager, how do you keep him happy  ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2017 at 16:32, bald reynard said:

Appoint Shaky as Manager and bring back Chris Powell as Assistant Manager, before Pearson drags him of to Middlesbrough !

Now it seems the Owners are talking to Shaky in France.  He's obviously their first choice and I guess they will only look elsewhere if they can't reach agreement with him.  That agreement could depend on him being allowed to bring in more Coaching support - and appoint his own team.  Obviously Stowell will stay - but he does need an experienced Assistant Manager - possibly someone who has been a Manager (Stowell hasn't got that background).  Chris Powell fits that bill - he's worked with Shaky before, he has a good Coaching pedigree and he has been a Manager at Championship and League 1 level (over 200 games).  I, for one, hope they talk to him, as I said above, before Pearson pinches him for the Boro job !

8 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Now it seems the Owners are talking to Shaky in France.  He's obviously their first choice and I guess they will only look elsewhere if they can't reach agreement with him.  That agreement could depend on him being allowed to bring in more Coaching support - and appoint his own team.  Obviously Stowell will stay - but he does need an experienced Assistant Manager - possibly someone who has been a Manager (Stowell hasn't got that background).  Chris Powell fits that bill - he's worked with Shaky before, he has a good Coaching pedigree and he has been a Manager at Championship level.  I, for one, hope they talk to him, as I said above, before Pearson pinches him for the Boro job !

Was Chris Powell on TV for the Spurs game ? I was at the ground and didn't record it so not sure but he was certainly there in some capacity or another

20 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Was Chris Powell on TV for the Spurs game ? I was at the ground and didn't record it so not sure but he was certainly there in some capacity or another

Him and Bruno Berner were.

21 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Now it seems the Owners are talking to Shaky in France.  He's obviously their first choice and I guess they will only look elsewhere if they can't reach agreement with him.  That agreement could depend on him being allowed to bring in more Coaching support - and appoint his own team.  Obviously Stowell will stay - but he does need an experienced Assistant Manager - possibly someone who has been a Manager (Stowell hasn't got that background).  Chris Powell fits that bill - he's worked with Shaky before, he has a good Coaching pedigree and he has been a Manager at Championship and League 1 level (over 200 games).  I, for one, hope they talk to him, as I said above, before Pearson pinches him for the Boro job !

It's perhaps also important, that the Owners and Rudkin know Chris Powell.  If Shaky says he wants an experienced Assistant, one he knows and trusts, I can't think of anyone with a better CV.  As Ramadaone, St Albans and Ric have pointed out, he was at the ground last week - and is often covering us for TV - so he's still got links (and  could still live locally).  I'd say IF they appoint Shaky, Powell could well be coming back. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Him and Bruno Berner were.

Perhaps Powell AND Berner are coming back as part of the new Coaching team. Bruno has done a fair bit of coaching in Switzerland since he retired, but I don't know what he's done after leaving a coaching post at FC Zurich in 2015.

1 hour ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Perhaps Powell AND Berner are coming back as part of the new Coaching team. Bruno has done a fair bit of coaching in Switzerland since he retired, but I don't know what he's done after leaving a coaching post at FC Zurich in 2015.

I've found out Bruno's been doing a few coaching jobs since he left us in 2012:

http://www.brunoberner.com/portfolio/coaching/

He was Youth Coach at FC Zurich from the time he left us to 2015. He hasn't updated his website CV recently, but from photos on the site, it looks like has been doing some coaching at Dinamo Zagreb. He has all his badges. He has loads of club and International experience. Like Powell, he's worked with Shakespeare before and is known by Rudkin and the owners. He could well also be coming back in a coaching capacity.

32 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

I don't know whether this really has much of an impact, but both Powell and Berner were LBs. Is it not better to try and get a coaches who have played elsewhere. I would be happy with either of Berner or Powell though.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it's both of them.  Powell as Assistant Manager, Berner as First Team Coach ?

3 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

I don't know whether this really has much of an impact, but both Powell and Berner were LBs. Is it not better to try and get a coaches who have played elsewhere. I would be happy with either of Berner or Powell though.

I doubt if Bruno will be coming back, he was only appointed Manager of FC Tuggen in Swiss 1 Liga Promotion (their 3rd Division) back in November.

8 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Suprised no one has mentioned John carver? Best coach in football. 

A good shout and they know each other well. Also Sammy Lee, Someone who players could look up to after all his success with Liverpool.

I'm sure both could do a good job for the Club. But I'd still like us to add a young up and coming Dutch Coach to the Staff.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

A good shout and they know each other well. Also Sammy Lee, Someone who players could look up to after all his success with Liverpool.

I'm sure both could do a good job for the Club. But I'd still like us to add a young up and coming Dutch Coach to the Staff.

Yeah, sammy lee would be brilliant. 

Archived