Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

With Shakey's imminent appointment as Manager, I'm sure he will need at least one or two new Coaches on the staff.  Claudio took the 2 Italian Coaches with him, so the Club are 2/3 people down.  Stowell will no doubt be Assistant, I wonder if / who Shakespeare will want back up? 

I can't think of other Coaches who have worked with Shakey in the past, who might be available.  Shakey did finish his UEFA Pro Licence last summer and I checked who was on the course with him, thinking he might look to one of them if they were out of work.  Interesting names were Mark Warburton, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, David Connolly, David Flitcroft and Brian Borrows.  Phil Neville was also there, but he's in work - sort of!  I can't think of any past players with connections, who could do the job?  

5 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

With Shakey's imminent appointment as Manager, I'm sure he will need at least one or two new Coaches on the staff.  Claudio took the 2 Italian Coaches with him, so the Club are 2/3 people down.  Stowell will no doubt be Assistant, I wonder if / who Shakespeare will want back up? 

I can't think of other Coaches who have worked with Shakey in the past, who might be available.  Shakey did finish his UEFA Pro Licence last summer and I checked who was on the course with him, thinking he might look to one of them if they were out of work.  Interesting names were Mark Warburton, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, David Connolly, David Flitcroft and Brian Borrows.  Phil Neville was also there, but he's in work - sort of!  I can't think of any past players with connections, who could do the job?  

Unfinished business...

Jimmy Floyd already come out and said what a good man Shakey is... just saying.

However dont think he needs any changes now, and i dont think he will get the job anyway at the end of the season because the top dogs will go for a big name.

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

However dont think he needs any changes now, and i dont think he will get the job anyway at the end of the season because the top dogs will go for a big name.

He might want an assistant, or someone to plug the whole he's just created.

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Well we have lost two coaches, and if he becomes manager then we will have lost our assistant manager too! We'll probably need to get some bodies in to lighten the load for Shakey, even if it's just on a temporary basis till the end of the season - he can't do everything himself.

They'll probably spread some of the load onto the U23 and other youth team coaches until the end of the season, that's what tends to happen in other businesses in the short term.

Be great if he can get Steve Walsh to come back to be assistant manager/head of recruitment but that is unlikely. He does need to employ someone who is experienced with the recruitment and management side of things, unfortunately that will be Rudkin's role.

Bruno Berner is managing someone these days but he might be interested in a coaching role. Be great if Wasyl retires and he fancies some coaching lol 

In free Shakey, just pay for my flights accommodation. 

Baiscially I would set up Foxestalk polls, look at common formation suggestions and use the FT scouting network to find the best players. Looking at the 4th post on the 75th page of a thread is he shit or should we gerremin.

If things arnt going well I also know someone who is friends with the ref and some one who was a lad when the YBS started.

Id welcome some new blood in this department that will challenge the players and respond to Shakey as a Manager from the start - rather than the guy who they used to work with. Having said that if Craig thinks he knows the right people he should be allowed to go get them.

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

No one is going to leave a permanent role for 3 months employment. They will have to build the team once the permanent appointment is made. Until then......Keep it as it is. 

Pearson will :P muhaha

Archived