Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

A good shout and they know each other well. Also Sammy Lee, Someone who players could look up to after all his success with Liverpool.

I'm sure both could do a good job for the Club. But I'd still like us to add a young up and coming Dutch Coach to the Staff.

Why exactly ???

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Would have Chris Powell back in a heartbeat.

Down-to-earth, knows the club and game as well as thinking from a different perspective.

Completely agree with you Wymeswold.  Given the number of times he's been at the ground recently, his past connections and his experience, I think this could well happen.  The only fly in the ointment, could be what Middlesbrough and Pearson do (and how quickly that might happen).  IF Boro decide they want NIge (big IF !) and Pearson wants the job (likely, if offered, I would think) and Pearson wants Powell as Assistant again - does Powell decide to stay in the Midlands (he lives near Derby) and take a Premier job ?!  For me, it would be a no brainer, but we know Nige has 'powers of persuasion' !!

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Why exactly ???

I don't think our Coaching is at the highest level. Holland despite being a small Country has been producing very good Coaches since the 70s and then the Cruyff Days. 

Koeman is a modern example. They do a lot of 1 to 1 Coaching. Improving the individual player's skills on and with the Ball. Here in the uk we tend to work in units and leaving Players to work on their own skills.      

I really think a Coach of that quality could bring a lot to our Club. 

12 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Completely agree with you Wymeswold.  Given the number of times he's been at the ground recently, his past connections and his experience, I think this could well happen.  The only fly in the ointment, could be what Middlesbrough and Pearson do (and how quickly that might happen).  IF Boro decide they want NIge (big IF !) and Pearson wants the job (likely, if offered, I would think) and Pearson wants Powell as Assistant again - does Powell decide to stay in the Midlands (he lives near Derby) and take a Premier job ?!  For me, it would be a no brainer, but we know Nige has 'powers of persuasion' !!

He can definitely take care of himself :)

Sammy Lee and Chrissy P would work for me. Be great to have Chrissy P back!

Would love Berner to come back some day too. Think he would want to build up his managerial experience first though, so should watch his progress for now.

Ideas, energy, imagination, good communication and motivational qualities, decent demonstrative skills and a thoroughly committed team player is what I'd like us to be looking for in our coaches and while you might think those qualities would be a "given" in everyone being qualified as a coach they're not and not by a long way.

Just as in other aspects of teaching there's good and bad to be found and far too many journeymen. Coaching is a highly skilled job and damned difficult to sustain effectively unless you have the energy and commitment to keep evolving ideas and the means of keeping the constant process of coaching interesting and effective.

The big problem is avoiding staleness and the feeling that coaching sessions are becoming routine so familiarity breeds contempt.

Players are stimulated by different ideas and styles so any situation where the same coach is dealing with the same players all the time can quickly become counter-productive. 

And yet there needs to be a firm goal both in terms of individual and collective development and constant, verifiable, assessment to show that progress is being made or otherwise.

It's no use trying to convince a proven international that he's a lousy crosser of the ball if you can't prove it and then show him exactly how to do the job better - either yourself and through someone else more capable of demonstrating the point.

There's not only benefit to be found in rotating coaches within big-group organisations such as Leicester but also in importing guest coaches when possible because even coaches can benefit from new ideas or different ways of putting old ideas across.

It's all about mental stimulation really, but always with an effective purpose. Coaching needs to be inspiring and players need to leave the park convinced that they've learned something and are better for it. Poor communicators have no chance but there's also the need for precise rather than expanded communication. Players want to be kicking footballs, not listening to speeches. 

It's the same with matchday analysis. A good coach needs to know what's going wrong, if anything, and to use he fewest words possible to put it right. As one top manager remarked this week (I forget which), there may be 50 things that could be improved but the key is to focus on the one or two that are most important - simply but surely.

Coaching is 100% satisfying but only if you're winning and your players are improving and wearing the smiles of being appreciated.                             

On 25/05/2017 at 09:07, bald reynard said:

Perhaps the delay in annoucing Shaky as Manager, is because no agreement has yet been reached over his Coaching team.  He might not sign on the dotted line, until the owners have agreed everything ?

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Why not somewhere else?

Maybe, We should know this week if he's going to get the chance. I think he's earned a shot at it, even though I do believe he got it completely wrong against Atletico Madrid. But that's just my personal opinion. I know many on here don't agree.

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Very good - you had me going for a bit then - giving up the chance to come to us, for the Northern Premier League !  What a name, Vill - very appropriate for one of Vardy's mates !

7 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Hopefully they realise that Shakey will be gash and they just want someone else.

5 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Why not somewhere else?

After your first comment you had me thinking the same as your second comment.Why did you not find Bentleys roof first and settle there.

3 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I agree with you.

Hugely wasted opportunity.

Thank you, I think he was happy to settle for a respectable performance against Athletico rather than going for the win.

The second half performance proved that they could have been beaten. But that's Football, decisions, and opinions.

I'd like to see the Club give him a performance related Contract for 2 Years.

Problem with Shakey lies in the fact that we have a sycophantic megalomaniacs Director of Football who's football knowledge is very limited.

Craig's CV is not that great. The guy if he gets the job need a lot of experienced help IMO. Our side will look nothing like it does now in 2-3 years time

Just now, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Problem with Shakey lies in the fact that we have a sycophantic megalomaniacs Director of Football who's football knowledge is very limited.

Craig's CV is not that great. The guy if he gets the job need a lot of experienced help IMO. Our side will look nothing like it does now in 2-3 years time

Get off that fence bob !

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I've a feeling Rudkin will be gotten rid of in the next 18 months. What it will take for that to happen might be relegation again but I think his days are numbered. 

Another window of failing to sign players that are our main targets will probably see him take on a different role or leave. I'd just prefer he got it right and stayed!

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Get off that fence bob !

The village of Leicester is very small. I, and I'm sure many others know many people who know and/or have dealt with the guy over decades and that's their opinions....

A Rudkin / Shakey combo is not strong enough on the stage we have created.

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Another window of failing to sign players that are our main targets will probably see him take on a different role or leave. I'd just prefer he got it right and stayed!

JR made enquiries abort 31 players in the Jan window. 

Several ways of looking at that I guess.

Archived