Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

5th April 2014 - Promotion to the Top Flight

Magical day in 2014! If somebody had seriously told me in 2008 when we were demoted to League One that we'd be League One, Championship and then Premier League winners in the space of 8 years to follow I'd have said they were nuts and sent for the men in white coats to come and take them away! Andy King has all three medals of course!

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

Remember the Brighton game 3 days later? The players were all still half cut in that game!

They were fvcking awful. Didn't stop Mahrez and Knocky going out after the game and getting us a drink in Basement!

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

They were fvcking awful. Didn't stop Mahrez and Knocky going out after the game and getting us a drink in Basement!

haha! I think Knocky was out in town after every game after this point!

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

haha! I think Knocky was out in town after every game after this point!

Probably true. I'll never forget the look on Mahrez's face when my friend put his arms round his neck, looked in to his eyes and told him he's a brilliant bastard. Poor old Mahrez had no fvcking clue what the hell had just been said to him lol

11 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Remember the Brighton game 3 days later? The players were all still half cut in that game!

Wasn't that thrashing what persuaded Pearson to go out and buy Leo Ulloa in the summer?!

Pretty much every other day I get some sort of time hop thing from the last 10 years and it never fails to amaze me what this club had been through in that time. I'd love to go back in time and visit my last self during the bleak days of 04-08 and tell him it's all part of an incredible journey. It was so depressing at times. 

As as my dad says, my season ticket must be the best value of almost anything, ever!

How far you've gone since that day. Impressive. In Italy Nottingham Forest is still remembered as the perfect example of English football fairy tale, but now you're almost there. Everything seems to be possible if you come from East Midlands.

1 hour ago, Bevilacqua said:

How far you've gone since that day. Impressive. In Italy Nottingham Forest is still remembered as the perfect example of English football fairy tale, but now you're almost there. Everything seems to be possible if you come from East Midlands.

There's no need to swear.  In England we try not to use words like 'Nottingham' and 'Forest' thank you. 

I had this pop up in memories too, the official photo had the hashtag #starttheparty

The last 3 years have been remarkable, we couldn't have imagined exactly how  $%$king epic that party was going to turn out.

Enjoyed our promotion in 2014 the most as we'd waited such a long time and done L1 to boot. 10 years of abject misery, makes the last 3 all the more special.

3 hours ago, Wookie said:

No set of fans will see anything as amazing as we have over the past three years 

I can't remember the last boring season we had. 

Nearly every year for the past 10 years we've had something to play for right up until the end of the season.

Don't have that many memories of the championship winning season.

Would love to say I had but couldn't make it over that year and also there was hardly many games on Sky and there was only a handful of external non-sky links.

Blackpool live is the one that stands out because they parked the bus and we struggled before Riyad's wonder goal. Kind of felt the premiership was ever closer that day. The excitement going to the pub to watch the Friday night game against Sheffield Wednesday was brilliant too.

The Early December to April unbeaten run reminds me of Arsenal 1998.

Archived