Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

On 4. Mai 2017 at 18:18, davieG said:

Odds slashed: Leicester City new favourites to sign Middlesbrough centre-back Ben Gibson

Popular bookmakers SkyBET have installed the Foxes as the new favourites to win the race to sign highly-rated Boro centre-back Ben Gibson in the summer.

The 24-year-old defender has emerged as one of the most highly sought-after players ahead of this summer's transfer window, after impressing at the heart of the Teesside outfit's defence.

The 10-capped England under-21 international has been ever present in the Middlesbrough side this season, appearing in all 35 of their Premier League games, and has showcased his outstanding ability.

Despite Boro's poor campaign on the whole, their defence have earned high praise for their organised, resolute displays, with their record of just 45 goals conceded being bettered by no team from 10th place in the table downwards, and Gibson has been a major contributing factor behind that.

Middlesbrough's Ben Gibson in action 

If Middlesbrough do go on to get relegated, however, the 24-year-old will almost certainly leave the Riverside in the summer, and SkyBET have installed Leicester as the new 11/4 favourites to win the race for his signature, ahead of Arsenal at 7/2 and Manchester City at 9/2.

With Robert Huth and Wes Morgan 32 and 33 years of age respectively, the East Midlands outfit will certainly be looking to inject some youth into their back-line, and Gibson would be the ideal acquisition for Craig Shakespeare's men this summer.

I will believe anything until it is reported in the Daily Fail or the Current Bun.

1 hour ago, MikeyT said:

Leicester and West Brom are competing to sign Middlesbrough centre-back Ben Gibson but could have to pay up to £20m. (Source: Daily Mirror)

Gossip: Leicester City and West Brom are competing to sign Middlesbrough's Ben Gibson for £20m.

If that's the choices he has I fancy us all day.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

£20m is a good price in my opinion.

Would love us to sign Maguire too.

Signing both would fill me full of optimism for next season. A number 10 even better

2 minutes ago, Mease said:

Signing both would fill me full of optimism for next season. A number 10 even better

If we keep the current squad, sign those two and get a proper number ten then I expect a Europa spot.

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

£20m is a good price in my opinion.

Would love us to sign Maguire too.

This. Completing deals for Gibson and Maguire could be doable for under £40million. That would represent outstanding business for us as we can begin to implement a new CB partnership. Benalouane could be sold to offset some of that too as whilst he might not have wholly convinced us, his performances will likely have attracted low end PL/high end Championship interest.

If we were to advance into next season with Morgan, Huth, Gibson and Maguire I'd be very satisfied with that. Whether we would be in for both is another question entirely though.

Guest CityFan 06

Gibson would be one of my first choices as a CB signing. 20m is the price thesedays to bring in quality, and he's probably worth it. I know Arsenal are having a look at him too. 

34 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

This. Completing deals for Gibson and Maguire could be doable for under £40million. That would represent outstanding business for us as we can begin to implement a new CB partnership. Benalouane could be sold to offset some of that too as whilst he might not have wholly convinced us, his performances will likely have attracted low end PL/high end Championship interest.

If we were to advance into next season with Morgan, Huth, Gibson and Maguire I'd be very satisfied with that. Whether we would be in for both is another question entirely though.

i agree with the implementing a new partnership.. this is far more important that one standout defender. And a Gibson/Maguire duo would set us up for the next 8 years and keep an english core to the team.

12 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Gibson would be one of my first choices as a CB signing. 20m is the price thesedays to bring in quality, and he's probably worth it. I know Arsenal are having a look at him too. 

Sol Campbell has 'urged' Arsenal to sign Maguire.

12 minutes ago, les-tah said:

i agree with the implementing a new partnership.. this is far more important that one standout defender. And a Gibson/Maguire duo would set us up for the next 8 years and keep an english core to the team.

Who cares. A Jamaican and a German served us well in the title winning year!

Just now, les-tah said:

Sorry Steven wasnt being racist lollol 

Didn't think so. :thumbup: Just i want the best players irrespective of where they come from. :D

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

According to the Mercury Shakey doesn't know anything about us chasing Gibson. So it maybe just paper talk.

Its been the Leicester way for a while to deny all knowledge of player interest....

6 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Would pay 50 to get it done. The fact is, in several years time, we will be able to sell for that if not far more barring injury, plus we'll have had the benefit of their play. And  if we re-sign them instead of selling them the deal has worked out even better.

Our best chance at a brilliant transfer window is RIGHT NOW. 

Archived