Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Think West Ham made United look very good today

West Ham are in serious trouble Joe Harts ability seems to have plummeted off a cliff, poor defensive options, equally poor in midfield have no creativity going forward

only positive thing about them is Hernandez but unless he's going to set himself up even he is going to struggle

48 minutes ago, the fox said:

I think united can do something in the CL

They got run ragged by Real who had only played 4 preseason games to United's 7. 

Man U were very good today but West Ham flattered them I think.

8 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Define 'surprise strugglers'. Those two flirted with a relegation battle all of last season. 

West Ham in the sense that they've invested quite a lot and in theory should be quite a bit better than they were last season and Stoke were never really in danger of going down last season but will be this year imho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

What were Chelsea thinking? A) Letting Matic go and B) selling him to a rival?

If this was done over Conte's head then he won't be hanging around much longer.

Still can't wrap my head around this one. He hit the ground running and has been fantastic today. ManU look completely different with him and they still have Herrera. Their squad is quite frightening.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 3

Currently watching PSG against Guingamp. What a borefest. Every single team playing against Paris will park a train. The difference in quality is absolutely outlandish.

Edited by ZeGuy

35 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Are you being serious

Yes @stix explains it well on my behalf 

23 minutes ago, stix said:

Well it wasn't a stamp. He did deliberately stand on him though. Easy red card. It was malicious but trying to be sly. 

Huddersfield, yesterday, reminded me of us during our league triumph - all players were hungry, wanted to attack but protected their goal very well.

They'll still probably struggle over the course of the season, but they seem refreshing to watch.

Can't imagine West Ham going down really, would be a massive embarrassment for the club - after the London Stadium acquisition fiasco, in particular...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Still can't wrap my head around this one. He hit the ground running and has been fantastic today. ManU look completely different with him and they still have Herrera. Their squad is quite frightening.

We gotta get 3 points next week. We are going to get spanked at Old Trafford.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

We gotta get 3 points next week. We are going to get spanked at Old Trafford.

Nah, Huth is back, Iborra and DD will be fit, Nacho will have a bit more game time, Mahrez will have sorted his ideas and pull his fingers out of his arse and Shakey will have learnt from his mistakes. We'll still concede though, that's a given

2-2. Yes I'm that optimistic.