Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

11 hours ago, ttfn said:

Luckiest side in the league. So many shit home wins last year - they were comfortably one of the worst 3 sides last season and have started this year by playing 9 men as a courtesy of two pretty harsh red cards.

Cahill's studs are up but he's not out of control. The Fabregas red card was ridiculous. I'd be furious if I were a Chelsea fan.

I don't think they were harsh at all. Cahill's tackle was over the ball. He was overstretching and therefore out of control.

The 2 Fabregas yellows were totally fair. Clapping the ref sarcastically is an automatic booking and 8 times out of 10 a forceful slide tackle that takes a player out is going to be a yellow.

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't think they were harsh at all. Cahill's tackle was over the ball. He was overstretching and therefore out of control.

The 2 Fabregas yellows were totally fair. Clapping the ref sarcastically is an automatic booking and 8 times out of 10 a forceful slide tackle that takes a player out is going to be a yellow.

Yeah on reflection I think I was wrong about those.

There is a wider question about what sort of tackles we should be looking to outlaw. For me Cahill is still just about in control - he's got one leg on the floor bearing much of his body weight - realistically he's not going to cause anybody long term damage like that.

As Shearer said on MOTD last night, I'm not sure it should be a red card but the laws are what they are.

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Manchester United and West Ham fans in danger of missing first Premier League game of the season after being left stranded at Euston Station

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4233583/manchester-united-west-ham-euston-station-fatality/amp/

Why would Man Utd fans be in danger of missing it....:rolleyes:

Glory boys!

Edited by Matt

What happened to all the scrags coming through football academies? Every other youth player is called some shit like Barnaby Weller-Foster ffs.

Edited by KFS
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Kits clash a bit to much for my liking

As much as I love the black and white, it is often a problem as far as clashing with other teams kits.

When I play Fifa online I almost always end up switching to Notts away kit from last season to avoid the problem. It's pink :blush:

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Spurs look sluggish. Not seen Kane touch the ball yet

Was just about to say myself, I know we're only 45 minutes into Tottenham's season and I am (and others are) dying to write them off saying they'll struggle this year with Wembley, CL, players potentially not happy, no new signings, e.t.c, but they're not looking like the 'free-flowing' team they have been over the last 2 years.

I just hope it continues :fc::giggle:

Edited by Matt