Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

I used like West Ham, can’t stand them now or their fans ( probably since many of them caused trouble at a boxing event l attended in July ). I don’t mind Bilic as a person, he seems to be be honest and doesn’t make excuses when they lose. His time is up though l think. 

Bilic is a great expert. Really like listening to his views but bottom line in the prem is wins.

Palace outplaying spurs today. Could easily have had 2 penalties which the commentators have basically ignored in favour of talking about Kane's leg.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Playing this Man City team is probably good for them. Not going to get bullied at least. Allowed to play their own football.

but that can be a slippery slope! i remember reading that dani alves said that they (meaning barca) liked to play vs arsenal because they play similar.

the problem is, that allows the team with better talent to have the upper hand.

Edited by the fox

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

but that can be a slippery slope! i remember reading that dani alves said that they (meaning barca) liked to play vs arsenal because they play similar.

the problem is, that allows the team with better talent to have the upper hand.

Any game in the prem can be a slippery slope. I'd still expect them to probably create more and look a little better against someone like City rather than whilst getting kicked in the air by Shawcross. Still expect M City to win it though, time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Any game in the prem can be a slippery slope. I'd still expect them to probably create more and look a little better against someone like City rather than whilst getting kicked in the air by Shawcross. Still expect M City to win it though, time will tell.

and man city scored lol
arsenal fan tv, here we come lol

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Man City are such a shit club. They don't deserve all this success and amazing players and world class manager.

Tend to agree but they are the only side likely to challenge Spurs to the title and I might be done with football if they became champions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Koke said:

So Southapton want their manager out. West Ham want Bilic out. Swansea want Clement out. 

Can't wait for the reaction if Swansea sack Clement. They're a small club punching well above their weight. 

If Southamton and Swansea, and their  fan base are shouting for new    managers, then they deserve miserable seasons.

I believe Clement to have the nous, and a team for  a good 15 -12th position.

Southampton somewhat higher 12-8th.

Many, hopefully minority of fans on here just love bad mouthing other teams with tacky statements.

Both these teams, are not playing with their fine Faire  of previous years, but they still have good players

who produce good football.

I dont believe we are a team or club ahead of a bad bunch, but we are a club

Competing with or against clubs who with different styles, are our equal, but hope, like all their fans,

can compete and perform with that tick higher quality, to chase those top 8-5th positions.

We have cracked it once, with the title, but then went into a nose dive, but our changes were during

not bad  patches, but continual turgid, poor performances.

• Like 1

Man City move the ball beautifully at times and their players are able to find each other with precision passing but I sense that if you can withstand early pressure and then have a go they don't enjoy sides running at them . The danger is that we give the ball away a bit too easily and they can kill you if you turn the ball over with too high a line . 

It it would be great if we can get something off them 

10 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Man City move the ball beautifully at times and their players are able to find each other with precision passing but I sense that if you can withstand early pressure and then have a go they don't enjoy sides running at them . The danger is that we give the ball away a bit too easily and they can kill you if you turn the ball over with too high a line . 

It it would be great if we can get something off them 

the key is fullbacks and building the play from behind. napoli did that with the ghoulam-hamsik-insigne triangle. they ran riot on the left side before ghoulam injured his knee.

people underestimate what a top class fullback can do for your team, napoli without him looked unbalanced

Edited by the fox