Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Convinced having Kante in your side actually breeds a complacency that shows when he isn't there.

Makes you think dosnt it..?? 

One player doesnt make a team they say, one blue club as already found out...it just might, now

a top, fully equipped side  with a kaleidescope of WClass players , just cant replace that one gem.

13 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Not sure this is a good thing or a bad thing. Good for our strikers, but poor for our midfield I guess.

To be fair, we've played 5 of last year's top 7 and spent most of our time on the backfoot with conservative tactics and without an up-to-speed Iborra to dictate the game and pick a pass.

The conversion rate might drop a bit, but the number of shots should improve.

Think this season proves it wasn't just Puel that was the issue at Southampton in terms of goalscoring.

And Pulis- well, no win in 9 league games (and it hasn't been the most daunting run of games either) with Chelsea and Tottenham to come.

Quite frankly your one of the most attack minded teams in the league on a good day!

Pretty predictable there was going to be a shortage of goals and from what I heard chances.

Just knew Brigton and Huddersfield would hold on.

Edited by Super_horns

Hats off to Dyche and Burnley, again. Really thought they'd struggle this season but he's really working the siege mentality. Can't decide whether he would be a success at a 'bigger' club or one of the many managers who can't replicate it on a bigger stage. 

Pulis and Clement must be sweating at the moment also. 

• Like 1

When you look at this league there really isn't a great deal of quality outside of the top 5 or 6 is there? We should def be finishing in the top 8 with our resources. Let's hope Claude can bring a bit of consistency.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 3

Just now, Paddy. said:

When you look at this league there really isn't a great deal of quality outside of the top 5 or 6 is there? We should finish def be finishing in the top 8 with our resources. Let's hope Claude can bring a bit of consistency.

Exactly this. That's why I was so disappointed by our start to the season- Everton, Southampton and West Ham (the 3 most likely to challenge for 7th before the season started) all look bang average. A route into Europe is there for the taking this season if we continue to get our act together.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Hats off to Dyche and Burnley, again. Really thought they'd struggle this season but he's really working the siege mentality. Can't decide whether he would be a success at a 'bigger' club or one of the many managers who can't replicate it on a bigger stage. 

Pulis and Clement must be sweating at the moment also. 

Dyche was my first choice for the Leicester job, that was purely based on the poor/little choice available, he's what I was calling the best of a bad bunch.

My concern about us taking him was that I think he's one of these managers who only does stuff at certain clubs or certainly a certain size of club, I still stand by that, all the hype surrounding Dyche I think might end up going very quiet if and when he leaves Burnley, this is purely speculation and time will tell but I think Dyche will struggle if he went to a bigger club, I honestly think he'd be stupid to leave Burnley, they suit each other - And I don't mean that in a derogatory way.

As you say though, hats off to him, he's doing and done a great job, I (like many Leicester fans) couldn't stand him but in the past year he has grown on me alot.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Everton down to 19th.. (albeit with a game in hand) amazing really after some of their signings in the summer. NO one could have predicted that. lol 

Newcastle v Bournemouth, total bore fest. Lets hope West Ham v Liverpool isnt as bad.

So far today i think we had the best game for entertainment value.