Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

West Ham fans booing their team off at half time... i said earlier i didnt think Bilic would be there much longer. I take back that statement and can see him gone after the game. They are seriously pants right now. 

And on another note i hope Watford stuff Everton tomorrow. hihihi 

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Down to 12th, but I'd back us to finish above all the teams above us apart from the expected top 6. 

If we play consistently well then 7th is ours. Not only is our starting 11 good, but we have better options on the bench than teams outside the top 6 too. Whether we actually achieve that remains to be seen, but we are capable of it.

Also this season though you could say that results against Huddersfield / Bournemouth / West Brom were disappointing, none of those teams beat us. So we've been not too bad. Once we clear Man City and Spurs we have the potential to climb quite a few places. I'd personally be disappointed if we are not top half by the time 2018 hits and Silva can play, barring any major injuries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

When you look at this league there really isn't a great deal of quality outside of the top 5 or 6 is there? We should def be finishing in the top 8 with our resources. Let's hope Claude can bring a bit of consistency.

Ok I'll bite...

I actually believe the results prove the quality and strength of the PL.

This easy negative grumpy lazy statements that keep criticising the PL quality, is pure waffle and Weak trolling.

Some just love moaning...put me down as an happy clapper, I enjoy watching PL football...

So if it is that bad, why in hells name do the grumpies, carry on watching this so called crap...

Leave us no-sense wombles alone to enjoy this folly in peace.

Put it down to I like be i ng a member of the uneducated Who are being easily entertained blue crazy morons...I prefer this deference, than

Logging onto foxestalk just to spout out miserable Posts every week....

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ok I'll bite...

I actually believe the results prove the quality and strength of the PL.

This easy negative grumpy lazy statements that keep criticising the PL quality, is pure waffle and Weak trolling.

Some just love moaning...put me down as an happy clapper, I enjoy watching PL football...

So if it is that bad, why in hells name do the grumpies, carry on watching this so called crap...

Leave us no-sense wombles alone to enjoy this folly in peace.

Put it down to I like be i ng a member of the uneducated Who are being easily entertained blue crazy morons...I prefer this deference, than

Logging onto foxestalk just to spout out miserable Posts every week....

I agree with you both - if that's possible!

The league is definitely the most exciting in the world. In fact I would go as far as saying that often the Premiership is more exciting than both the World Cup / Euros and the Champions League. Our title win was incredible, but even if it wasn't us but another underdog team like West Brom, Southampton, Stoke, I'd be made up for them because it was the most romantic story in all of Football history. Part of the reason for that was that we probably don't have too many stand-out teams (though Man City may be that club this season), if you compare our top teams to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Juventus. But those leagues are very one-dimensional whereas in the Premier League anything can and will happen! Because of the money in the league and the way it's distributed every team can have a few star players and the top teams can't just raid the next best team for their best players like Juventus, Bayern or PSG do. 10-15 years ago there is no way we'd have had Vardy or Mahrez with us after winning the title, but the money now means we can afford to pay the wages to keep them. That means that even the "lesser" teams can have some great players and keeps the division exciting.

Also this year the English clubs are doing very well in Europe. Spurs fans really drive me up the wall, but fair play to their club, they took 4 points out of 6 against Real Madrid and are going top a group that also features Borussia Dortmund! And they weren't even the champions of our league!

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think Lanzini is a bright creative spark in a poor side.

me too. i really wanted him here. he has the technical ability and creativity to play LW or CAM

just imagine

vardy

gray            lanzini           mahrez

:riyad:

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Rumours on twitter the two David's want Moyes to replace Bilic. Surely not!

Ridiculous if true. All the complaining that young managers aren't given a chance because of foreigners then this failure, at three clubs, gets another top flight job.

Bet Keysey and the like won't be crying about this. Tossers.

• Like 2