Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

26 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I don't care how much you pay for Sky per month, what kind of idiot thinks Burnley v Newcastle was ever going to be a good game worth spending 90 minutes of your life on?

Spend your evening doing something more interesting, for god sake.

Come on be fair, they broadcast our crap last season..!!!

In the minority here, but perceive Dyche as both competent and knowledgeable.

Just his media voice regarding transfer fees lets him down with many Leicester fans.

Newcastle have the potential to go further, if they can sort the off-the-field issues in getting both ownership/proper plan of direction and plan and better recruitment.

Very unlikely to occur of course but not sure how to feel if Burnley impress this season, and 'go for it' in terms of trying to reach the Europe League qualification in a few seasons..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Just his media voice regarding transfer fees lets him down with many Leicester fans.

2 of us, against the world...

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Competent and knowledgeable certainly . It's just that watching his teams play makes me want to self harm 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

The amount Everton miss Seamus Coleman just further strengthens my feelings that he's one of the most underrated players in recent Premier League history.

He deserved a big move when Man U were sniffing around but after that leg break he'll probably never get it now. 

True that.

In fairness he was late enough getting to a high level in the game switching between Football and Gaelic Football. Would probably have been part of Donegal's recent All Ireland winning panel in 2012 if he stayed at it.

Considering he was at Sligo Rovers in 2009 he would have viewed a move to Everton as promise fulfilled really. Shocking how it went for him against Wales this year.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Yeh on my stream it was him. NBC or something.

Martin was definitely the NBC announcer for today's match.

I must say, I don't understand the occasional hatred of the man.  If anyone wants to school me, please do so (ignorant Yank here).

10 hours ago, Koke said:

7th spot is well and truly up for grabs. On our day we can blow away and dismantle Watford and Burnley. Our squad is better than theirs. Just need a competent manager. That's why the displays v Bournemouth and Huddersfield were an abomination.

Agree 100%. We can definitely do it if we take the initiative in games like we did Sunday. Everton were poor but I don't buy that there won't be a worse side to come here this year. I thought they were a bit more threatening than Brighton anyway.

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

No he isn't. I can't stand Barton. He's a fookin weasel imo. But he's right about Unsworth. He's miles off being Everton's manager, the side he played against us was...rank awful....and he is fat. I used to say the same thing about Shakey. The manager of a football club, imo, needs to present as being smart and professional when representing the club and its players. It was one of the things I used to like about Ranieri and it certainly seems to be Puel's way.

Its only part of the overall package of course, but frankly Unsworth looks like a tramp. I think it matters anyway. I say the same thing at work.

Come on, he is out of order. It's the same or of nonsense that gets chucked about on here. 

If Unsworth was leading them to 4-0 win over us nobody would give two hoots about his appearance or his weight.

If someone isn't doing a good job, or you don't think they are the right man for it. It's quite possible to get those points across without resorting to personal insults.

We all lose it and do it sometimes, but Barton is just an attention seeking prat and that's why he's saying those things.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Martin was definitely the NBC announcer for today's match.

I must say, I don't understand the occasional hatred of the man.  If anyone wants to school me, please do so (ignorant Yank here).

This may help 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/martin-tyler-manchester-united-fan-11427699

I can't believe the nonsense phil neville said on motd about unsworth being the most experienced for the job. I would love unsworth to get it do really well just to do barton. I still think foreign would be the best option for everton like it has been for us - I can't believe if hes interested they havent gone for tuchel. I would love someone from the mass media to be honest and admit that foreign managers are better than the brits but obviously people don't want to hear that. 

15 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Probably not the right place to put this, but for those with a motorized satellite system and no Sky subscription Spurs v Real Madrid is showing Free to Air on Eutelsat 13.0E Channel OBN (foreign commentary)

Come on Real!