Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Ok I'll bite...

I actually believe the results prove the quality and strength of the PL.

This easy negative grumpy lazy statements that keep criticising the PL quality, is pure waffle and Weak trolling.

Some just love moaning...put me down as an happy clapper, I enjoy watching PL football...

So if it is that bad, why in hells name do the grumpies, carry on watching this so called crap...

Leave us no-sense wombles alone to enjoy this folly in peace.

Put it down to I like be i ng a member of the uneducated Who are being easily entertained blue crazy morons...I prefer this deference, than

Logging onto foxestalk just to spout out miserable Posts every week....

Did you actually read my post? I just said that the quality isn't that great this year (which it isn't, compared to previous seasons) and that we should expect to do well. Weird response.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Did you actually read my post? I just said that the quality isn't that great this year (which it isn't, compared to previous seasons) and that we should expect to do well. Weird response.

Cant read, I just look at the pictures...the smoke got in my eyes...:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Celtic unbeaten in 63 league and domestic cup matches.... 

Can someone explain the point of the Scottish leagues?... 

To be fair, Brandan Rodgers has showed what a rather great manager he is with the record.

He was very unfortunate in that an awkward Gerrard slip against Chelsea had cost him very much winning the PL title.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

To be fair, Brandan Rodgers has showed what a rather great manager he is with the record.

He was very unfortunate in that an awkward Gerrard slip against Chelsea had cost him very much winning the PL title.

You or me could manager Celtic and win the league! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder if Everton fans would take to Dyche's style of play?

Sure he might get results but long term is he what they willl enjoy..

He might adapt his tactics with better players available.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder if Everton fans would take to Dyche's style of play?

Sure he might get results but long term is he what they willl enjoy..

Sean Dyche is this generation Tony Pulis. Burnley play anti-football but they get results so I guess that's fair enough..

Edited by Koke

It does put some perspective in that people who love the game are starting to think outside the box about the profession, and seeing how it can devastate players and their families in terms of physical and mental health for the player and the latter for their families.

Think that when footballers retire, although it'll probably be hard to control etc, that they should be advised to have brain scans etc once in a while to see if there's any developments in brain-change that could be a result of pressure on it from using it for the sport they loved playing in.

I often think some strikers, such as Peter Crouch in particular, are very brave bashing their head against a ball coming towards them fast just to try and help score s goal at the potential expense of damaging their physical (head on this subject matter) stance without not thinking about such a thing.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It wasn’t the slip that cost him a title, it was his own naivety.

32 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Haha that Alan Shearer documentary ad: "There's plenty on the football pitch that can hurt".  Too right, just ask Lennon.

In all seriousness it's an important subject but why pick Shearer to host it? Hardly Louis Theroux is he lol

Edited by Tuna

This season shows how difficult it is to become "established" in this league.

Even if you have a good couple of seasons player get nicked by the top 6 or get aspirations beyond their ability. 

So Southampton want their manager out. West Ham want Bilic out. Swansea want Clement out. 

Can't wait for the reaction if Swansea sack Clement. They're a small club punching well above their weight. 

21 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Moyes being lined up to replace Bilic. What a time to be a WHU fan lol.

Comment on Puel (french): 'can't believe they have gone for him -terrible, boring- football' last job, Southampton finish 8th and cup final

Comment on Moyes (British):' he will make West Ham harder to beat' - sacked 3 times in 4 year and comfortably taking Sunderland down last year.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m not sure how large a role Bilic played in West Ham’s recruitment but it was awful in the summer and even worse now, if the recruitment was partially out of his hannd then he can feel aggrieved but defensively they’ve been very vulnerable for a long while now so that’s clearly a Bilic problem. 

Clement will be unfortunate is he’s sacked, they sold their two top scorers and their only creative player then didn’t adequately replace them. If they sack Clement they still have the same issues.

6 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Comment on Puel (french): 'can't believe they have gone for him -terrible, boring- football' last job, Southampton finish 8th and cup final

Comment on Moyes (British):' he will make West Ham harder to beat' - sacked 3 times in 4 year and comfortably taking Sunderland down last year.....

Harsh to judge him on the sunderland job, seeing as they're a complete basket case club. The Man U job was destined to fail too - following in Fergie's footsteps n' all.

Personally i think he's a decent (if dour) manager, but don't see him being a good fit for WHU. Surely if you want quick success and attractive football you don't hire a man who's got a reputation for being slow & steady.