Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

According to my stream today the PL are implementing rules similar to UEFA that pitch lines must be horizontal beginning next year, meaning that our crazy pitches seem to be ruled out.

At least we'll always have this: 

20 hours ago, Sammy said:

According to my stream today the PL are implementing rules similar to UEFA that pitch lines must be horizontal beginning next year, meaning that our crazy pitches seem to be ruled out.

At least we'll always have this: 

Can't see what the problem is, in fact there should be a competition for the best design

Yeah Brighton need a few decent strikers, Murray, Baldock and Hemed are not going to be good enough for the prem.

They'd do well to get Defoe in.

45 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Can't see what the problem is, in fact there should be a competition for the best design

Well we've no chance of winning that if there was a competition,Spurs would win that hands down,then release the DVD to gloat!

Guest CityFan 06
27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah Brighton need a few decent strikers, Murray, Baldock and Hemed are not going to be good enough for the prem.

They'd do well to get Defoe in.

Defoe would be ideal for them I'd imagine. You need a proven goalscorer in the top flight to do well, or atleast it helps massively.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think its because the linesmen use the lines on the pitch as a guide to make offside calls easier to tell, if there are lines going diagonally across the pitch as well as straight it becomes more difficult and may lead to incorrect decisions. As much as I love the patterns if it effects ability to make the right calls then it needs to go. Shame for that to happen though.

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think that if Brighton get a striker that will get 15 goals and if Knocky makes the step up then they'll stay up.

Two big ifs though.

Dickov & Ferdinand got 13 goals each for us, think Bent was close to double figures too & we still went down. They still need major investment all over the pitch imo.

Just now, foxes21 said:

Dickov & Ferdinand got 13 goals each for us, think Bent was close to double figures too & we still went down. They still need major investment all over the pitch imo.

Yeah but we couldn't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

Brighton have a good defence.

On 07/05/2017 at 16:54, AmarteyAndChill said:

Brighton gonna pay his £80k wages? I think not. 

Of course they bloody would! They've already got a tasty sponsorship deal or two and that'll only get better! Amex will be delighted to be in the premier league, I can imagine they'd be happy to bankroll a signing like that, not to mention all the promotion money! 

Just now, AjcW said:

Of course they bloody would! They've already got a tasty sponsorship deal or two and that'll only get better! Amex will be delighted to be in the premier league, I can imagine they'd be happy to bankroll a signing like that, not to mention all the promotion money! 

Brighton, £80k p/w, 34 year old? Can't see it